Bills looking to jump Dolphins for a QB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills looking to jump Dolphins for a QB?

This is a scary situation for me as a fan. You just don’t know how serious Miami is about drafting one of these questionable QB’s. Without the draft picks that Buffalo has it most probably means, trading picks in 2019 and a likely 1st rounder. Big mistake. Especially once you take into consideration how deep the 2019 draft will be at DL.

This is why I'd rather just trade Tannehill at this point and retain next year's 1st... because that first round pick will probably be a high one.

Miami has no bearing on what Buffalo is trying to do.

Are you serious? The Bills might as well have a giant flashing neon light that says they plan to trade up for a QB. That means every single team in front of them who also wants a QB effects them. You think they aren’t acutely aware that Miami has been all up on Mayfield’s balls all offseason? You think they aren’t maneuvering to make sure they can offer something better than we can in the event we’re both after the same QB?

Wow. So that’s what a competent front office looks like. Flipped a player they had no intention of keeping for 8 spots up the first round of the draft.

We better damn well hope that if it’s true we want a QB, it’s not the same one they want.
We ain't getting a QB. We ain't in the right spot with no fire power. Only shot we have If Denver takes Tannehill, and we give up our 1st this year , and 3rd round next year. Only way ....We need to face the facts that Buffalo has a better front office then us. T-Bum would've been fired anywhere else by now..

Absolutely. I posted this idea awhile ago. I wouldn't be shocked to see Buffalo try to go up to the Giants pick, maybe Indy.

The thing to watch here is whether Miami ends up giving up the 2019 number one, which should be extremely high.

If Miami trades its first next year I'm done with them. We have too many holes and just like you said, next years first should be pretty high.

Mayfield could be there at 11. We can't rebuild by trading away high picks. We need to keep our picks and make them count. If we use Tannehill to move up for Mayfield then all we're doing is swapping QB's while losing our first round pick. If Baker is there at 11 and they want him then fine, take him and THEN trade Tannehill for at least a 1st round pick and now you can start building your team

Ozzy rules!!

We ain't getting a QB. We ain't in the right spot with no fire power. Only shot we have If Denver takes Tannehill, and we give up our 1st and 3rd round next year. Only way

Tannehill PLUS 1st and a 3rd next year? No way would it take that much to jump up like that... That would be murder. Tannehill is essentially worth a 2nd... and I'd say even more valuable than a 2nd because he is a sure thing as a decent starting QB... and VJ DESPERATELY needs that if he is to keep his job past next year.

Buffalo has 2 picks in almost every round. They can offer way more than Miami at this point. Cincinnati didn’t do Miami any favors here by agreeing to just swap picks. With Tannenbaum at the helm, the 2019 draft is in peril? This guy will trade his Mother, if he had to; to make a slash. It’s like he’s living in a wet dream.

Their FO is doing a good job so far in positioning themselves to get their QB in the first round.

What’s really funny to me is that a slightly above average LT got the Bills up 9 spots, but people don’t think Tannehill could get Miami from 11 to 5

I think people highly overestimate Tannys value on this site. I really don't think Tyrod Taylor is seen around the league as having much less value if any. Particularly after the injuries.

Back
Top Bottom