Bills lose a Safety | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills lose a Safety

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
Cota has change of heart after agreeing to deal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Safety Chad Cota has decided not to sign a contract with the Buffalo Bills and is contemplating retirement.

Cota

"He just felt that he couldn't bring himself to going to camp," Cota's agent Frank Bauer said on Tuesday. "He's really contemplating deeply that he's retiring. And I think that's what's going to end up happening with him."

Cota's change of heart came last weekend and after he agreed to a deal with the Bills on Thursday. An eight-year veteran, he was scheduled to arrive in Buffalo on Monday with a signed contract to attend the team's final week of minicamp sessions.

Bauer wouldn't say what led to Cota's decision, only that his client apologized for changing his mind.

The Bills announced Cota's retirement in a press release, which stated the player had informed coach Gregg Williams of his decision last weekend.

The Bills had hoped Cota would help bolster their young defensive backfield. He was expected to compete with third-year safety Tony Driver for the backup spot behind Coy Wire, who's coming off a promising rookie season.

Selected in the seventh round by Carolina in 1995, Cota played three seasons with the Panthers. He also played for New Orleans and Indianapolis and spent last season with St. Louis.

how is a guy, expected to lend experience only, a big loss to our d?

he might not even have made teh roster....

BTW word on the streets is that he had trouble with the pee test so we thought it would be best if he went out this way.

:nono:

maybe.... another possibility is the new drug of choice for athlete's.... the old reefer. it is teh new alcohol for baseball players. lol

but that is all speculation (but he did go missing for a week or so and the Bills couldn't contact him.... then all of a sudden he returns and wants to retire.... something fishy....)

Can we Blame him??? he was signed by the Bills for crying out loud!!!....wait till Sam Adams is calling it quits next year.

Back
Top Bottom