Bills Sign Trent Sherfield | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Sign Trent Sherfield

Meh... Liked the player and grit, always fun to see lower profile players succeed but at the same time, its not like like the Bills got any better with this signing really... I like Berrios on this team alot more than Shertfield tbh...

As soon as he put pen to paper he was azz to me. May he prosper..but not so much.

Our fanbase is obsessed with mid players, its insane, this thread should be buried already. Im looking forward to our draft pick getting more run and the impact braxton will have for us in the return game. Mcdaniel and Grier know what theyre doing, move on.
This.

I really enjoyed watching Sherfield last season and wouldn’t have minded Miami bringing him back for WR depth but the dude is a middling, journeyman WR. That’s his ceiling. Berrios can give us what he gave us in the passing game and quite a bit more in the return game. Miami got better.

Plus, his petty “Elite QB” comment has me instantly happy we let his ass walk.

I think he was valuable l, but I also believe Miami feels EE is ready to take his spot after a year learning the system and refining his route runner. EE is just a lot more physically gifted then Sherfield. EE was just a very raw especially in routes. I love that they didn't rush him. They basically treated him like a rookie QB learning the ropes behind the journey man (Sherfield). Now you can't overpay Sherfield and have him blocking the younger more talented kid and cheaper.
I hope EE is ready. My gut tells me he didn't get on the field last year due to the mental side. I think they would have played him instead of elevating so many other WRs. I don't agree that Sherfield was in his way as some have suggested. I'm guessing EE was in EE's way.

I also wonder if this makes it more likely that Crossen makes the team. Sherfield was our best gunner. With him gone the next guy is probably Crossen.

Ah thank you for explaining. This hatred for other teams was the old NFL in 70's/80's I believe with Steelers never even considering playing for Cowboys etc..I miss those days of team loyalty too.

I didn't know Thomas did this too but what a legend for doing so in the early days of "getting paid and I dgaf what team". It seems to have grown exponentially (understandable with injuries and today's nfl).

Even more respect to Marino for retiring a Dolphin instead of collecting another 2mil or so and another chance for a ring or whatever Minnesota was offering him to play and mentor Culpupper (I think that was the story at the time but maybe wrong).

Back
Top Bottom