Bills' Starting RT Brad Butler Quits Team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills' Starting RT Brad Butler Quits Team

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/wire/sns-ap-fbn-bills-butler-retires,0,3995834.story

Buffalo Bills starting right tackle Brad Butler has announced his retirement.

The news Thursday comes as a surprise after the 26-year-old Butler just completed only his fourth NFL season.
Butler said in a statement: "My passion for education, country and community is something that I am ready to devote my full attention to. "I believe the best way to pursue these spheres of interest is to step away from the game of football at this point in my life."
Definitely a blow to the Bills offensive line.

Man. I'd hate to be a Bills fan.

I know its rough. Good thing you guys never have to worry about a player retiring out of the blue.

It must suck to be a Dolphin fan, I have seen the empty seats at your stadium.

I know its rough. Good thing you guys never have to worry about a player retiring out of the blue.

It must suck to be a Dolphin fan, I have seen the empty seats at your stadium.
:rolleyes2: Have you seen your team lately? have you heard your fans lately? "ZOMG, Mike Shanahan or Bill Cowher will be next coach!!!1! The Bills are the laughing stock of the NFL.

Rofl quits team nice wording.

He was a versatile linemen, good depth. If he wants to be a teacher and is inspired to help people and the community, more power to him. I wish him luck.
Good Depth? He had started 31 of 34 possible games between 2007 and his injury in 2009.

He was only 26 years old and played only four NFL seasons. He signed an extension through 2012 just two years ago, so yeah he did QUIT on the team. When Ricky left the Dolphins in 2004, he QUIT. When a player retires, most people see it coming and usually no one gets that SHOCKED feeling. Butler calling it a career was a MAJOR SHOCK to the Bills, so I would classify it more as quitting then retiring.

Hey, as a Dolphins fan I like it. Just one more hole in the swiss cheese team called the Buffalo Bills. :D

Good Depth? He had started 31 of 34 possible games between 2007 and his injury in 2009.

He was only 26 years old and played only four NFL seasons. He signed an extension through 2012 just two years ago, so yeah he did QUIT on the team. When Ricky left the Dolphins in 2004, he QUIT. When a player retires, most people see it coming and usually no one gets that SHOCKED feeling. Butler calling it a career was a MAJOR SHOCK to the Bills, so I would classify it more as quitting then retiring.

Hey, as a Dolphins fan I like it. Just one more hole in the swiss cheese team called the Buffalo Bills. :D
Explain to me how the Dolphins are 10-10 vs the Bills this decade? I still dont understand it. Yet you laugh at us.

There is nothing to laugh at unless you can laugh at yourselves. When the Bills need an OT win to avoid 0-16 then maybe you can laugh at us and it means something.

Ricky quit to smoke weed. This guy wants to be a teacher.

Explain to me how the Dolphins are 10-10 vs the Bills this decade? I still dont understand it. Yet you laugh at us.

There is nothing to laugh at unless you can laugh at yourselves. When the Bills need an OT win to avoid 0-16 then maybe you can laugh at us and it means something.
The Dolphins are obviously on the way up. The Bills will remain in the AFCE cellar for a very long time. Seeing all the Bills fans actually think the old man was going to open up his wallet this time for Shanahan or Cowher, priceless.

Ricky quit to smoke weed. This guy wants to be a teacher.
Ricky also had a disorder, which is the reason for him smoking and quitting in the first place. Couldn't deal with being under the spotlight. Either way, all water under the bridge now.

Back
Top Bottom