Bills To Jennings Lower $ Or Walk | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills To Jennings Lower $ Or Walk

REAL DEAL

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This story covers Jennings (OT) and what looks like his last days in Bills land. I can see no way that he would sign a contract with the Bills when he knows that his pay day is coming. So the question is do we pay the big $ to sign a guy like this ? Or does the Phins cap make it inpossible for us to sign him. I know Nick said no big FA , but this is a OT , a position we have tried to fill since Webb. Only time will tell . :evil:

http://theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=2307

I hope we get him and then we draft a RB, but I don't think our cap will allow this to happen.

We may have one good FA signning in us ,but this is OT spot and they are hard to fill. You get one in the draft and you wait for him to grow into the job.

<FONT size=3>[/CODE]
REAL DEAL said:
We may have one good FA signning in us ,but this is OT spot and they are hard to fill. You get one in the draft and you wait for him to grow into the job.
No Jennings for us! Phew

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/10986637.htm

However, the Dolphins have no intention of paying a high price for free agent left tackle Jonas Jennings of Buffalo, who is expected to get a signing bonus of $10 million or more. The team is also discouraged about the top prospects in the draft, such as Alex Barron of FSU and Chris Colmer of N.C. State.
I'm so glad they wont overpay for him

I'm convinced that we will draft a LT in the first round of next year's draft.

Jennings is a beast. He is young and big and has played well. Give him McIntosh's pay and cut him and then add what ever necessary and get him! Carey has to be on the field at RG or RT. I don't give a rats anymore about St. Clair not wanting to change positions. Guess what - he is average - he's not all pro. If Carey is a RT then put him there and if St. Clair doesn't like it then ship his butt out. You need BIG book end tackles and Jennings and Carey are young and BIG would fit the bill. Move Handot and St. Clair if he stays to battle center and get a WIDE body RG and now you have some young beef up front for Houck to work with.

I agree Rich22, You have to call the shot some were when it comes to the most inportant position on your line. Someone will pay him the $ and I see no one in the draft that comes in and starts .

I think the Fins should just give him their best offer and if Jennings doesn't take it, tough.

Back
Top Bottom