Bills WR Were Open All Day | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills WR Were Open All Day

everyone's open when there is a dual threat Quarterback to contend with, CB's can't cover man to man when there is a guy who can tote the rock and make plays, most likely the defense was in zone coverage.

I got this fom someone who reviews the game tape and this is what he wrote: A few observations: 1) There was only one play with nobody open in a place where Tyrod could have hit him. One. On the two plays where he threw the ball away he had a guy. The receivers were doing a good job. I need input from a dolphins fan who re-watched the game because this is very disturbing that 3rd, 4th and 5th string WR's were open all day.
Haven't watched any tap, but, from memory, that sounds a little strong. I remember a number of plays where TT looked at his first read, then looked for 2nd in progression. Caused him to improvise. And, again, from, memory, didn't the color guys mention a few time he had "no where to go with the ball?" Not saying the Fins DBs smothered the receivers on every play, but to say the DBs were successful only once . . . I'd like a 2nd opinion. NOTE; Just because the 3rd guy in progression is open doesn't mean TT had time to GET TO the 3rd read.

Haven't watched any tap, but, from memory, that sounds a little strong. I remember a number of plays where TT looked at his first read, then looked for 2nd in progression. Caused him to improvise. And, again, from, memory, didn't the color guys mention a few time he had "no where to go with the ball?" Not saying the Fins DBs smothered the receivers on every play, but to say the DBs were successful only once . . . I'd like a 2nd opinion. NOTE; Just because the 3rd guy in progression is open doesn't mean TT had time to GET TO the 3rd read.

Don't try to explain that to some here. How many times have we read that "Kenny Stills was WIDE OPEN (on the other side of the field) and TANNEHILL DIDN'T SEE HIM!!!! (in the 2 seconds he had in the pocket)

Back
Top Bottom