Bills WR Were Open All Day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills WR Were Open All Day

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I got this fom someone who reviews the game tape and this is what he wrote:
A few observations:

1) There was only one play with nobody open in a place where Tyrod could have hit him. One. On the two plays where he threw the ball away he had a guy. The receivers were doing a good job.

I need input from a dolphins fan who re-watched the game because this is very disturbing that 3rd, 4th and 5th string WR's were open all day.

When your best defensive player - who is the last line of defense - is out for the season, your best DB - who is a rookie - is in the sideline, and your number one CB is an overpaid, no-effort bum then this should be no surprise.

We need Howard back in a terrible way and a replacement for Maxwell asap. Luckily the defensive line was able to get in the QB's face to limit the backend of the defense's exposure.

We need to keep running the ball and converting third downs for extended drives to defense on the sideline and from being exploited.

Clearly on game day it didn't matter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got this fom someone who reviews the game tape and this is what he wrote:
A few observations:

1) There was only one play with nobody open in a place where Tyrod could have hit him. One. On the two plays where he threw the ball away he had a guy. The receivers were doing a good job.

I need input from a dolphins fan who re-watched the game because this is very disturbing that 3rd, 4th and 5th string WR's were open all day.

Might be true but he was under pressure on a large percentage of plays making rush throws that lead to inaccurate passes.

Tyrod left plays and points on the field no doubt about it but Miami's D-line set the pace of the game.

Don't forget Cullver and Howard are coming back SOON!

We have a couple other tricks up our sleeves with a some other young talent too.

And Lippett looked good.

Being "open" means nothing.

Completing the pass means EVERYTHING.

We smashed that f...ing team in the MOUTH! and I love it!!!

Our DB's aren't good. No shock here. Luckily Fitz throws picks, and Decker is out, so I am not to worried about the Jets WR's.

Ajayi should have another 100 yard game against the Jets. However, we need to throw to Jay and Damien out of the backfield more. The Jets are going to stack the line I believe so RB screens, and slants by our WR's should be open.

When are we going to throw it up to DeVante though?? He is having a JAG type season.

I saw lots of receivers open and Taylor either didn't see them or wouldn't throw it for some reason. Watch the Suh sack in the 2nd half...look at the bottom of the screen...he had a guy open right at the sticks...it looks as though he was looking right at him but wouldn't pull the trigger.

Jets and Bills did the Dolphins a favor by signing Fitzpatrick and Taylor to big deals. Set both those franchises back.

So receivers were wide open all day and the qb completed just 50% of his passes. I thought everyone here were saying that most qb complete all there passes when receivers are open?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyrod and Tannehill sometimes don't take advantage of open recievers. Luckily the Dolphins are playing a lot of middling quarterbacks in the upcoming weeks.

Tyrod and Tannehill sometimes don't take advantage of open recievers. Luckily the Dolphins are playing a lot of middling quarterbacks in the upcoming weeks.

Ben does though. We shut them down for the most part even before the injury.

Dmac

Weren't there some on here touting Tyrod as one of the most efficient passers in the NFL? Not only does he make tannehill look like a scrub on the deep ball, but he also does it on all throws under 10 yards, right? I don't want to name names, but I'm pretty sure I read this recently from a certain person who, as of late, has taken to trashing the QB of the dolphins.

I saw lots of receivers open and Taylor either didn't see them or wouldn't throw it for some reason. Watch the Suh sack in the 2nd half...look at the bottom of the screen...he had a guy open right at the sticks...it looks as though he was looking right at him but wouldn't pull the trigger.

Jets and Bills did the Dolphins a favor by signing Fitzpatrick and Taylor to big deals. Set both those franchises back.

Fitz got that huge 1 year deal man

He probably did have guys open. Tyrod sucks, take away his primary read and hes toast

Back
Top Bottom