Blackout. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blackout.

CHOPS44

firm believer
Reaction score
If the stories are true, then there is a blackout in the Miami area for the game. For you Dolphin fans that are affected by this, I feel your pain. That sucks. I go through something similar with my Blackhawks. They refuse to broadcast home games, soldout or not. So unless you ante up $50 bucks for a ticket plus numerious other fees they burn you with, you get to watch only the road games. Alot of the games aren't even broadcasted on the Satillite hockey package. Doesn't the taxes I paid to pay for they're freaking stadium count for something? Oh well- I'll watch the game and tell you guys all about it.

They blackout all home games for the Blackhawks? That must suck for their fans. If they blacked out all of the Bulls games for all you people over there you might not hate it as much because they suck. I am not a hockey fan so I don't know if the Blackhawks are good or bad but I remember that they have struggled the last few years.

I live over on the west coast of FL, but still within the 100 mile radius of the NFL "local" blackout rule. Luckily, the NFL signed a waiver , just this morning, that allows the local affiliate here to broadcast the game.
The only excuse I have for not going TO the game is the fact that I went last weekend. The beers were 5.25 each, the Margaritas for my girlfriend were 11.00 each, need I say more?

oh well...

Originally posted by inFINSible
I live over on the west coast of FL, but still within the 100 mile radius of the NFL "local" blackout rule. Luckily, the NFL signed a waiver , just this morning, that allows the local affiliate here to broadcast the game.
The only excuse I have for not going TO the game is the fact that I went last weekend. The beers were 5.25 each, the Margaritas for my girlfriend were 11.00 each, need I say more?

You pay 11 bucks for a Margerita??? My goodness....I must say shame on you. This is a reason I would not let go by for not going...

2 Margeritas and two beers is almost a ticket....

I don't understand people who say they can't afford the games yet say they spend 11 bucks in Margeritas....

Make it cheap and affordable...join a tailgate party.

Somethings has to give when it comes to be fan and you can't afford tickets. Either your love for your Dolphins or the expensive taste of your girlfriend for Margeritas....heck I make always a day out of it....starting at Hooters, tailgating, sportstown, game, and then Iguana....but I dare would pay 11 bucks for a margerita when you can get the same for half a price just a mile down the road.....or even cheaper at a tailgating party.

here is my question...

Originally posted by dolfan87
Here is why we didn't sell out.

http://www.gopbi.com/sports/football/dolphins/01/12.html

And I am only speaking for myself, but I would pay the 54 bucks.

The tickets the guy has cost $20 and went up to $57 for theplayoffs. He didn't buy them because they were to expensive yet he says if they would have increased the price by $20 he would have still purchased. .....uhm...that would make it $40...only $17 under the asking price. For him and his wife that would be an additional $34 ....I don't understand that.

I wouldn't pay 57 for upper deck, but I would pay the 70 for the seats below it. 57 dollars for Upper Deck is just ridiculous, and I am happy that they will now show the game.

FFiB, I live in Naples and the Ft myers affiliate is broadcasting the game here, so anywhere here or north of here will get the game on T.V.

Also in response to your earlier post chastising me for the way I chose to enjoy a day of football at the stadium, to each his own my friend.

You wanna know the main reason that this game is not selling out? The fans don't trust this team. We've been in this position too many times now and been embarrassed in the next round. It's not just embarrassing for the players but for the fans also, who spend the week before the second round bragging about THEIR team and how this is the year. Then comes Monday morning and you are just sitting with a stupid smile on your face all day long at work while you take the abuse from all the Broncos' or Jaguars' or Raiders fans that you so gleefully talked smack to the week before. It's sad but true. I LOVE this team, it absolutely rips my heart out when they lose a big game. I cried the whole second quarter of the Jaguars game :cry: and now here we are again asked to give our heart and soul, to a team that is 1-5 in "big games" this year. A team that is 14-0 against lesser opponents under DW, but only 8-10 against stronger opponents. A quarterback who may or may not be past his turnover problems, an offensive line that is using rookie FAs to try and IMPROVE, and an injury situation that is staggering.
You can talk all you want about fair weather fans and all that, the fact remains the same, the fan base is here, and will probably turn out in droves to support this team but the Dolphins are going to have to get passed the second round to wake them up, and the only people to blame for that are the ones in the aqua and orange uniforms.

A poll revealed that most of the 22,000 season ticket holders that didn't buy the tickets for this weekend was because of the price they charged for them.

Of course that is what they are going to say. As a fan you can't come out and say" I just don't think we are going to go any farther than the second round." Then you get accused of being a bandwagon fan.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
They blackout all home games for the Blackhawks? That must suck for their fans. If they blacked out all of the Bulls games for all you people over there you might not hate it as much because they suck. I am not a hockey fan so I don't know if the Blackhawks are good or bad but I remember that they have struggled the last few years.

Yeah- they don't even broadcast them-period. And if the games on ESPN or ESPN 2 it's blacked out. Right now the Hawks have the 2nd best record in the league. As for the Bulls... well, we got spoiled for a long time, but I enjoy seeing the kids play. Hopefully they improve soon.

I can see the Bulls being good when Curry and Chandler both develop. Mercer is pretty good, and so is Eddie Robinson when he isn't injured.

Just wanted to point out this article that came out this morning which kind of backs up what I was saying yesterday.
I really would like more people to comment on it too.
Fan Apathy

.....and this from the Herald

Lewis sees what the rest of us do -- a Miami team that is good but not feared. The reason this game was not sold out in time to lift the blackout was not because of the economy or the price of tickets. It was because of a general mistrust of this team among South Floridians combined with a home team that is both uninteresting and bland. It isn't a coincidence the first two playoff games the Dolphins have been unable to sell out are the first two playoff games they've played without Dan Marino.

and this....

Pat Riley had a quote about his Heat a few years ago that can be applied to these Dolphins, too.

We're a cynical community,'' he said. ``Our hopes of going deep have short-circuited the last couple of years and cost us the community's faith. We haven't lost the support, but we've lost the trust. Everyone is thinking the worst. They've been hit in the head in the playoffs, and that's what they bring to the arena with them -- that mistrust. Nothing less than a deep, very dramatic playoff run is acceptable

Back
Top Bottom