Blake Brockermeyer? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blake Brockermeyer?

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember a long time ago a lot of people wanted Blake Brockermeyer to solidify the LT spot. Some screamed for him.

And others patiently tried to remind everyone else that Blake Brockermeyer is easily in the same boat, probably worst, than both Brent Smith and Marcus Spriggs in terms of injury.

Now comes the proof. Blake Brockermeyer made his debut on the practice field for the Denver Broncos YESTERDAY. Thats right, hasn't been able to practice a lick until yesterday...and now he's all rusty.

I for one am happy that things worked out with Dixon moving to LT and Nails being so good that he won the LG spot before Dixon moved. We got lucky. Could have been worst. Our new $3 million dollar LT who we are counting on for the season, could have only started practicing yesterday...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I remember a long time ago a lot of people wanted Blake Brockermeyer to solidify the LT spot. Some screamed for him.

Now comes the proof. Blake Brockermeyer made his debut on the practice field for the Denver Broncos YESTERDAY. Thats right, hasn't been able to practice a lick until yesterday...and now he's all rusty.

I'm not a big fan of signing injured players either, but if our line does not improve, it is going to be a really long season.

You have to grab talent where you can get it. Wally didn't play for two years because of injury and that turned out alright.

Just because he started practicing yesterday doesn't mean he won't play well this season. He may not play the 1st game. But wouldn't you take a solid line for 15 games and have great depth as well?

We had the money and it would have made this team stronger. Dixon is no guarantee to play the position well and Blake has shown that when he plays he is a lock to play well. I do hope Dixon turns out though.

how could we have signed this guy - especially to a nice contract - when we have 4 (Smith, Spriggs, Dixon and Searcy) of our OLmen coming off of major injuries and a 5th (Nails) who did not play last year because of weight issues ? :confused:

Dolphan can you clarify your post a little? From that post it would only be more evidence to sign a guy.

His injuries aren't to his knees or anything that takes a full season to heal. His shoulders have been rested and now he's playing again.

When you sign a guy to no matter the value if you don't give him a bonus then he doesn't count anything against cap if you cut him.

If we actually signed Brockermyer, we would actually have another LT on the team other than Brent Smith.

Back
Top Bottom