. . . blame the Miami Dolphins receiver, starting with Jarvis Landry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

. . . blame the Miami Dolphins receiver, starting with Jarvis Landry

No one wants to listen to this article but it is true. Our WR's are insanely overrated at this point in their careers. People act like Parker is a top 5 WR...while he has the physical attributes to become that type of receiver he isn't even close right now. He is inconsistent and doesnt create separation nearly as much as he should. Honestly, as bad as Tanny is at taking sacks, I think a lot of times no one is getting open and that is hard to see from the couch. Couple that with his lack of pocket presence and you can see why he takes so many sacks.

Sometimes what a good qb would do is throw it to the receiver and let him make a play, or tuck and run, or throw it away. standing there and waiting to be sacked doesn't have to be the most used option.

No one wants to listen to this article but it is true. Our WR's ARE INSANELY OVERRATED at this point in their careers. People act like Parker is a top 5 WR...while he has the physical attributes to become that type of receiver he isn't even close right now. He is inconsistent and doesnt create separation nearly as much as he should. Honestly, as bad as Tanny is at taking sacks, I think a lot of times no one is getting open and that is hard to see from the couch. Couple that with his lack of pocket presence and you can see why he takes so many sacks.
"Insanely" is a little strong. Landry is a very good WR. Parker is good and can become better. I think the receivers, for whatever reason, aren't playing to potential and make matters worse with mental errors. I agree with "inconsistent" but see that in all receivers (and all 46). I lump wrs along with every unit on the team - none of them are playing well.

Sometimes what a good qb would do is throw it to the receiver and let him make a play, or tuck and run, or throw it away. standing there and waiting to be sacked doesn't have to be the most used option.

Exactly. Also, a good QB throws the ball where the receiver can catch it (away from the defender) and yet not be exposed to a big hit.

Exactly. Also, a good QB throws the ball where the receiver can catch it (away from the defender) and yet not be exposed to a big hit.

But meanwhile 7 points was wiped out by a TD pass because of a penalty by a WR as pointed out in the article. There is enough blame to go aroud. Thats was a crucial point in the game also, oh wait, it wouldnt have mattered because our defense would have let them score next drive

WOW best player we have and we bad mouth him to over one "bad" game. Absolute joke

Really. Everybody should be held accountable. Especially him, penalties, fumbles his stupid first down celebration. Yeah he needs to be held accountable.

This offense is unmotivated, and the blame likes with one guy: Adam Gase. In Denver Gase didn't need to motivate his offense....Manning did that for him. I've come to the realization that Gase is nothing more than a QB coach, and how good a QB coach is questionable. He's not an OC, and he's definitely NOT a HC.

LMAO, really?

That's very true...at the same time it would be nice if the receivers ran consistent routes and were where they're supposed to be for the QB.

Also for Tannehill to throw it away without it be intentional grounding he needs to get outside the tackle box...not gonna happen with this O-line...or throw in the direction of a receiver and make it look like an attempt (at which point everyone would then moan and complain about how inaccurate he is and how his pass wasn't even close). So the QB is in a no-win situation.

Really. Everybody should be held accountable. Especially him, penalties, fumbles his stupid first down celebration. Yeah he needs to be held accountable.

I totally agree. No one on this team should be "untouchable" when it comes to criticism.

WR was supposed to be a position of strength this season and it has been far from that. They play half-speed most of the time and rarely create any separation. Sure Tannehill could make some better throws and the OL could do a better job of giving him some time, but all three units need to be clicking for this offense to succeed. And right now none of them are.

That's very true...at the same time it would be nice if the receivers ran consistent routes and were where they're supposed to be for the QB.

Also for Tannehill to throw it away without it be intentional grounding he needs to get outside the tackle box...not gonna happen with this O-line...or throw in the direction of a receiver and make it look like an attempt (at which point everyone would then moan and complain about how inaccurate he is and how his pass wasn't even close). So the QB is in a no-win situation.

I think 10 times out of 10 fans, coaches, anyone would rather take an incomplete pass as oppose to going backwards and taking a sack. A sack is a drive killer and he's been sacked 201 times, an incomplete pass you live to fight another day or at the very least if its 3rd down you help the punt team out with field position.

Blaming landry for that hold and TD called back. :lol:

Without that hold there is probably no TD. Only in Dolphins lala land we count imaginary points yet the excuse making continues.

I totally agree. No one on this team should be "untouchable" when it comes to criticism. WR was supposed to be a position of strength this season and it has been far from that. They play half-speed most of the time and rarely create any separation. Sure Tannehill could make some better throws and the OL could do a better job of giving him some time, but all three units need to be clicking for this offense to succeed. And right now none of them are.
Let me preface what I'm going to say by reminding people I'm not a Tannehill fan. He's played no better than average since he arrived and is particularly bad on 3rd downs. Nonetheless, there are "excuses" made for top QBs. Rodgers throws behind a receiver - "best throw he could make with a defender in front of the receiver." Brady throws over a receiver - "had to put it over a defender." Same passes by Tannehill, Bortles, et al - "that was a bad throw." Doesn't matter to me. The consistency in all of these is they are NFL receivers and not all passes are perfect. As far as blame, no one who has watched 5 games and is an honest evaluator can place blame on any single player/unit. It seems they rotate through poor play every series.

I think 10 times out of 10 fans, coaches, anyone would rather take an incomplete pass as oppose to going backwards and taking a sack. A sack is a drive killer and he's been sacked 201 times, an incomplete pass you live to fight another day or at the very least if its 3rd down you help the punt team out with field position.

I'm sure they would...but I'm also not naïve enough to think that all fans are going to realize the QB is just throwing the ball away so that he doesn't take a sack.

Of course by taking sacks he helps the offenses time of possession because we know the defense isn't getting the ball back to the offense until a TD as been scored and the offense can't stay on the field to begin with so if he starts throwing the ball away to avoid sacks the TOP will go down even more than it is now. Dolphins will have the ball for 15 minutes per game.

Edit: Actually there was a time when Tannehill did throw the ball away to avoid a sack in his second year under Sherman. And I remember people here complaining that he needs to just throw the ball to a receiver and give the receiver a chance to make a play.

I'm sure they would...but I'm also not naïve enough to think that all fans are going to realize the QB is just throwing the ball away so that he doesn't take a sack.

Of course by taking sacks he helps the offenses time of possession because we know the defense isn't getting the ball back to the offense until a TD as been scored and the offense can't stay on the field to begin with so if he starts throwing the ball away to avoid sacks the TOP will go down even more than it is now. Dolphins will have the ball for 15 minutes per game.

Edit: Actually there was a time when Tannehill did throw the ball away to avoid a sack in his second year under Sherman. And I remember people here complaining that he needs to just throw the ball to a receiver and give the receiver a chance to make a play.

If NFL QB Ryan Tannehill is worried about taking a sack or throwing an incompletion because of what the fans might think than i wouldn't even know what to think of him. That should be the last thing on his mind which I'm sure it is since the majority of fans are already tired of him.

Taking a sack because it helps with time of possession is the silliest i've ever read on here, there are so many things wrong with that statement. 1 you shorten how far the offense has to go to be in scoring position which puts more pressure on the defense. 2. everytime a QB gets sacked you risk a fumble or injury--in the case of the fumble depending where you were say the opponents 20, you've put the defense in a tough spot again.

Come on manic they were that worried about tim of possession they would just run a draw play or something no NFL offense is going to take a sack for time of possession purposes.

There are plenty of WR's great ones at that, who don't block well. I mean landry is what 5'10 180 pounds? Asking him to block effectively is bad coaching, all you can ask is that he tries and Landry gives the most effort out of anyone on this team. It's like asking Tom Brady to run the read option and then bashing him when he doesn't run it effectively. Now Parker with his size should be able to block but Landry.... not so much.

I'd take Landry's passion and effort any day. If he happens to fumble a ball every so often... I'm fine with it.

There are plenty of WR's great ones at that, who don't block well. I mean landry is what 5'10 180 pounds? Asking him to block effectively is bad coaching, all you can ask is that he tries and Landry gives the most effort out of anyone on this team. It's like asking Tom Brady to run the read option and then bashing him when he doesn't run it effectively. Now Parker with his size should be able to block but Landry.... not so much. I'd take Landry's passion and effort any day. If he happens to fumble a ball every so often... I'm fine with it.
Agreed, but passion without execution is not a way to stay in the NFL. Not to imply Landry doesn't deserve to be in the NFL, he's a top WR. But passion, by itself, can't excuse every mistake and, Landry, for whatever reason, isn't playing up to previous years. He gets no pass.

Back
Top Bottom