. . . blame the Miami Dolphins receiver, starting with Jarvis Landry | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

. . . blame the Miami Dolphins receiver, starting with Jarvis Landry

No one wants to listen to this article but it is true. Our WR's are insanely overrated at this point in their careers. People act like Parker is a top 5 WR...while he has the physical attributes to become that type of receiver he isn't even close right now. He is inconsistent and doesnt create separation nearly as much as he should. Honestly, as bad as Tanny is at taking sacks, I think a lot of times no one is getting open and that is hard to see from the couch. Couple that with his lack of pocket presence and you can see why he takes so many sacks.

You don't have to tell me...Stills flat out SUCKS...he is BAD. He has speed and that is it. He doesn't position his hands correctly for the ball, he can't get off of press, and he is the worst *****-ass Tedd Ginn wanna-bee when it comes to blocking I have ever seen.

I think 10 times out of 10 fans, coaches, anyone would rather take an incomplete pass as oppose to going backwards and taking a sack. A sack is a drive killer and he's been sacked 201 times, an incomplete pass you live to fight another day or at the very least if its 3rd down you help the punt team out with field position.

Obviously there's other aspects of the game that you don't understand.

Blaming landry for that hold and TD called back. :lol:

Without that hold there is probably no TD. Only in Dolphins lala land we count imaginary points yet the excuse making continues.

Not if Landry executes the block perfectly. I'm not saying it was an easy block to make cleanly, but it was certainly within his ability to make that block legally.

But meanwhile 7 points was wiped out by a TD pass because of a penalty by a WR as pointed out in the article. There is enough blame to go aroud. Thats was a crucial point in the game also, oh wait, it wouldnt have mattered because our defense would have let them score next drive

Something to consider - A very strong argument could be made that Ajayi doesn't score if Landry's defender isn't held on his pursuit for outside containment.

Ah, that had already been addressed. :up:

Blaming landry for that hold and TD called back. :lol:

Without that hold there is probably no TD. Only in Dolphins lala land we count imaginary points yet the excuse making continues.

Sometimes what a good qb would do is throw it to the receiver and let him make a play, or tuck and run, or throw it away. standing there and waiting to be sacked doesn't have to be the most used option.

Thats why he is not an above avg QB. However I would still prefer sacks to INT's. We have a bad combo or receivers not separating or taking too long to separate, a bad OL, and a QB with bad pocket presence.

Good thing we gave up all those picks for Carroo. Sorry it still bothers me espceially in light of where the roster is.

Trust me I get angry any time I think about it. And i HATED the move on draft day as well, this isn't an after the fact comment. Even if Caroo was good which he has clearly not shown anything yet, it was terrible to trade up for him. And in my opinion terrible to draft a #3-4 WR period with all the holes we had. ****ing Tannenbaum cant stand him.

There are plenty of WR's great ones at that, who don't block well. I mean landry is what 5'10 180 pounds? Asking him to block effectively is bad coaching,

Landry is 5'11" 203#.

And it's bad coaching if he isn't blocking efficiently. Especially vs a DB in similar size, which was the case here.

You don't have to tell me...Stills flat out SUCKS...he is BAD. He has speed and that is it. He doesn't position his hands correctly for the ball, he can't get off of press, and he is the worst *****-ass Tedd Ginn wanna-bee when it comes to blocking I have ever seen.

Did Stills even play Sunday? I don't remember hearing his name once.

Not if Landry executes the block perfectly. I'm not saying it was an easy block to make cleanly, but it was certainly within his ability to make that block legally.

If and what and should and could. That way we can scrutinize every penalty ever called as being the reason for not scoring. Landry is one of the few bright spots on that team. He seems to wear aqua and orange with pride. He still makes mistakes and he still gets emotionally carried away but his contributions to this team outweigh the negatives.
But yeah use him as a scapegoat for us being incompetent to overcome any penalty with our high completion percentage, safe short passing and running game.
I was wondering how long it will take to pull guys like Landry into the mix of bad boys trying to protect other players and coaches shortcomings.
We should also blame Grant for taking to long on his return TD. We missed those valuable 5 seconds at the end of the game.

:bobdole:

If only half the team and coaches would have the heart of Landry we would be a much better team.

If and what and should and could. That way we can scrutinize every penalty ever called as being the reason for not scoring. Landry is one of the few bright spots on that team. He seems to wear aqua and orange with pride. He still makes mistakes and he still gets emotionally carried away but his contributions to this team outweigh the negatives.
But yeah use him as a scapegoat for us being incompetent to overcome any penalty with our high completion percentage, safe short passing and running game.
I was wondering how long it will take to pull guys like Landry into the mix of bad boys trying to protect other players and coaches shortcomings.
We should also blame Grant for taking to long on his return TD. We missed those valuable 5 seconds at the end of the game.

:bobdole:

If only half the team and coaches would have the heart of Landry we would be a much better team.
Every body needs to be scrutinized and held accountable. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

So, you're happy with our game plans each week? Are you hearing the players say positive things? Is ANYONE taking a leadership role on this team? This team is demoralized...they think they suck, and they're playing like it. This is Cam Cameron part 2.

Don't feed his nonsense.

So, you're happy with our game plans each week? Are you hearing the players say positive things? Is ANYONE taking a leadership role on this team? This team is demoralized...they think they suck, and they're playing like it. This is Cam Cameron part 2.

That's very true...at the same time it would be nice if the receivers ran consistent routes and were where they're supposed to be for the QB.

Also for Tannehill to throw it away without it be intentional grounding he needs to get outside the tackle box...not gonna happen with this O-line...or throw in the direction of a receiver and make it look like an attempt (at which point everyone would then moan and complain about how inaccurate he is and how his pass wasn't even close). So the QB is in a no-win situation.

Except over 5 years it's the same story from all you people.

If NFL QB Ryan Tannehill is worried about taking a sack or throwing an incompletion because of what the fans might think than i wouldn't even know what to think of him. That should be the last thing on his mind which I'm sure it is since the majority of fans are already tired of him.

Taking a sack because it helps with time of possession is the silliest i've ever read on here, there are so many things wrong with that statement. 1 you shorten how far the offense has to go to be in scoring position which puts more pressure on the defense. 2. everytime a QB gets sacked you risk a fumble or injury--in the case of the fumble depending where you were say the opponents 20, you've put the defense in a tough spot again.

Come on manic they were that worried about tim of possession they would just run a draw play or something no NFL offense is going to take a sack for time of possession purposes.

Some people will twist themselves into pretzels to absolve their golden boy of blame.

Blaming Gase after 5 games is foolish. Look he benched players who didn't preform and now cut players that sucked. What other dolphins coaches did that the past 15 years?

Back
Top Bottom