Blaming the head coach!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blaming the head coach!!!!!!

Eric/Hawaii

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I haven't seen one post concerning Dave's idea to fake a field goal. Miami was only down by 10. I know it was a long one but do-able for Mare.
If he hits it miami is down by 7 with plenty of time left. Get the defense together on the sideline and get them motivated to get a turn over or at least a three and out. Then only down by 7 it's run ricky run - taking the pressure off Lucas.
I think the coaching is as much to blame as anything else.
Just a view from a Bills fan in the middle of the pacific.

Barbarian

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I agree to a point... The call was a poor one IMHO, and I thought so the moment I saw it (my buddy I was watching the game with said before the play "wouldn't it be funny if they called a fake" and I told him, "no, that'd be dumb... damnit, No! they {cursing deleted}") so yes... bad call, just as bad as Buffalos decision to Fake that punt (only Lucas fumbled away that opprotunity for Miami... w/in FG range I might add).

A few questionable calls by the coaches through the game, but then again, hindsight is 20/20.

Barbarian

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, true, but we all know Mare's leg as well... he could have made it, I think kicking would have been a much higher percentage play than the fake... and if we were gonna go for, then line up and go for it... I hate fakes, it says that our regular Offensive package can't move the ball and it all just screams "I give up" to me... running a fake when your up to pile it on a team is one thing, but this was still a very winnable game at that point.

Miamian

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
I actually liked the call, but thought that we should have run a little wider on the play, since the Bills had it stacked to the middle. Then again, we're all Monday morning qb's.

SuperMarksBros.

Formerly Fiedler for MVP
Reaction score
mare hasnt been the model of consistency lately, i can understand why wanny made the call. "hindsight is 20/20," oh how true that cliche is.

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Miamian
I actually liked the call, but thought that we should have run a little wider on the play, since the Bills had it stacked to the middle. Then again, we're all Monday morning qb's.
I agree - I could not believe he did not make it since Ruddy and Nails were way down field - which means they either missed their man or blew him away. Edwards was a bit dinged - so that may have a been a factor. Of course, you could argue - why not just hand it off to Ricky in the base O or try to draw an offsides and pouch kick it, but I agree with Wanne in that Lucas was so bad that a little trickery w/him on the sidelines was needed.

Top Bottom