Blitzing this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blitzing this year?

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I was just curious, do you think we will do more blitzing this year with a new defense, and if so where do you think it will come from? I think Nick will have to take shots at the opposing teams offense to keep them off keel, and picking on our back field, that will new in working together. I think he will bring linebackers early in the season, and as the team gels, then there will be more corner, and safeties.

I definately believe there will be alot more blitzing going on this season. From what I've heard, the defense will have a new look and have there oppenents confused and they will not know what to look for. It wont be the old dolphin defense...believe that.

id like to see alot of Seau blitzes...but im sure alot of our players will blitz this year..

I don't know what grabs my attention the pictre or the thread:D . I agree with what your saying and I think we will blitz more this year but at the beginning of the season I can see him keeping it really simple until everything is done right because hes like a perfectionist.

Joneal7 said:
id like to see alot of Seau blitzes...but im sure alot of our players will blitz this year..
I don't think you want to bring Seau at the beginning of the season, because they will be expecting him, use him as a decoy.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I was just curious, do you think we will do more blitzing this year with a new defense, and if so where do you think it will come from? I think Nick will have to take shots at the opposing teams offense to keep them off keel, and picking on our back field, that will new in working together. I think he will bring linebackers early in the season, and as the team gels, then there will be more corner, and safeties.
:yes: I really do think that we will be blitzing a lot more. From what I've heard Saban blitzes a lot and tends to put A LOT of trust in his secondary. I am not too familar with Saban's defensive scheme though, so if someone else could ellaborate better, would be greatly appreciated. I think the strength's of our Defense is our Defensive line and our Linebackers so this may be great for Saban's defensive scheme even though we are not a 3-4. I really do believe that we will be blitzing a lot more than we have under Bates and would be great to see a lot of Seau and Thomas blitzes. :cooldude:

painnotpleasure said:
:yes: I really do think that we will be blitzing a lot more. From what I've heard Saban blitzes a lot and tends to put A LOT of trust in his secondary. I am not too familar with Saban's defensive scheme though, so if someone else could ellaborate better, would be greatly appreciated. I think the strength's of our Defense is our Defensive line and our Linebackers so this may be great for Saban's defensive scheme even though we are not a 3-4. I really do believe that we will be blitzing a lot more than we have under Bates and would be great to see a lot of Seau and Thomas blitzes. :cooldude:
I would rotate the linebackers out often to give them a breather like we do with our Dline, and mix our linebacker lines with veteran leadership, and young wheels to keep the offense on who might be coming. This way we have our experienced players out there that can read teh play, and some young legs out there to get to the corner before they have a chance to turn it up field.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I don't think you want to bring Seau at the beginning of the season, because they will be expecting him, use him as a decoy.
That's like saying "don't pass the ball to Randy Moss the first two games, use him as a decoy." Junior Seau has been one of the best blitzers in the game for over ten years, let the man do what he's good at.

popularwar said:
That's like saying "don't pass the ball to Randy Moss the first two games, use him as a decoy." Junior Seau has been one of the best blitzers in the game for over ten years, let the man do what he's good at.
Yes he is , and he isn't. They know that he will be coming. Do remember last season the off side call that Junior got. I think he can still blitz, but it should be a slight delay to diguise it, rather then charging to the line, and being called for off sides.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Yes he is , and he isn't. They know that he will be coming. Do remember last season the off side call that Junior got. I think he can still blitz, but it should be a slight delay to diguise it, rather then charging to the line, and being called for off sides.
Actually, even the last few seasons we would show blitz with Junior and have him drop into coverage. I understand what you mean about disguising the blitz but a lot of times plays are designed a certain way to make the quarterback react differently.

I sure hope so. I want to see helements flying off and players getting creamed by two or more players coming off both ends. I want blood, I want tears, I want heads damn it!

popularwar said:
Actually, even the last few seasons we would show blitz with Junior and have him drop into coverage. I understand what you mean about disguising the blitz but a lot of times plays are designed a certain way to make the quarterback react differently.
Agreed. It will be an interesting defense that will be more agressive, and less passive then in the past. I will really enjoy to watch an attack defense again with fire.

This might be a bit off topic but its close enough and I cant think of where else to post it. I love blitz-heavy defenses. Blitzing creates confusion, often leads to receivers taking a hotrout right into a secure zone. It leads to interceptions, it keeps the offense off ballance, all that. However, every time I see a safety move on a blitz, I freak out. I cannot understand why or how it is unlike a corner blitz but when I see a safety blitz I have to close my eyes and hope for the best, even if that blitz leads to a interception returned for a Dolphins touchdown to win the superbowl in overtime, I am not celebrating, I am thanking god it didnt go bad. If I was a coach I would not hesitate to send a nine man blitz but the safteys better be back in coverage. I swear, on Saturday at training camp, if they are doing defensive drills and I see a safety blitz I am going to jump the fense and kick Tebucky Jones square in the nuts

Back
Top Bottom