Bo and Ronnie | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bo and Ronnie

pcfin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I wanted to compare the two Auburn backs. Does anyone have measureables on Bo Jackson. I believe Ronnie Brown has similiar size and speed. IMO Bo could have been one of the greatest. What other backs had similiar size and speed?:)

pcfin said:
I wanted to compare the two Auburn backs. Does anyone have measureables on Bo Jackson. I believe Ronnie Brown has similiar size and speed. IMO Bo could have been one of the greatest. What other backs had similiar size and speed?:)

I've never seen anyone that is comparable to Bo Jackson. Bo Jackson was 6'0", 245 lbs, and he ran a legitimate 4.3 forty. I've never seen a running back combine the size, the power, the explosion, and the speed that Bo Jackson had wrapped up into one package.

The guy I have compared Ronnie Brown to is Ahman Green.

Ahman Green = Fumble King :roflmao:

Yeah I agree with KB. Bo Jakson is the greatest athlete I have ever seen. And I stress athlete. He could do it all. It's a shame his career ended so early. God only knows how much greater he could have been had he dedicated himself to football only.

KB21 said:
I've never seen anyone that is comparable to Bo Jackson. Bo Jackson was 6'0", 245 lbs, and he ran a legitimate 4.3 forty. I've never seen a running back combine the size, the power, the explosion, and the speed that Bo Jackson had wrapped up into one package.

The guy I have compared Ronnie Brown to is Ahman Green.

bo was nothing more than an athlete...his feet werent that impressive when it came to making a guy miss

I've never seen a guy in my life that i can compare to barry sanders...and frankly i dont think we ever will

Ronnie Brown in my opinion compares most to Duce Staley...I'm sorry folks i just havnt seen enough of ronnie brown to be convinced that he is the next LT...just cause he had a very good combine.

Carnell Williams in my opinion compares most to Curtis Martin...the guy fights for every yard and never gives up.

Cedric Benson compares most to ricky williams...in everyway possible

but my sleeper running backs in the 2nd round we should take a look at are

Marion Barber reminds me alot of Deuce McCallister...the guy can run and catch out of the backfield very well...there are some injury concearns but when hes healthy hes one hell of a back

Eric Shelton reminds me alot of Stephen Davis...hes an uphill runner who likes to plow over defensive backs. Might even slip to the 3rd round.

Buddwalk said:
bo was nothing more than an athlete...his feet werent that impressive when it came to making a guy miss

I've never seen a guy in my life that i can compare to barry sanders...and frankly i dont think we ever will

Ronnie Brown in my opinion compares most to Duce Staley...I'm sorry folks i just havnt seen enough of ronnie brown to be convinced that he is the next LT...just cause he had a very good combine.

Carnell Williams in my opinion compares most to Curtis Martin...the guy fights for every yard and never gives up.

Cedric Benson compares most to ricky williams...in everyway possible

but my sleeper running backs in the 2nd round we should take a look at are

Marion Barber reminds me alot of Deuce McCallister...the guy can run and catch out of the backfield very well...there are some injury concearns but when hes healthy hes one hell of a back

Eric Shelton reminds me alot of Stephen Davis...hes an uphill runner who likes to plow over defensive backs. Might even slip to the 3rd round.

Brown compared to Staley? :shakeno:

I don't see that at all. Staley has a lot more juke in him than Brown does. Brown is more straight ahead and a LOT more powerful. Not to mention the size difference.

My favorite memory of Bo was(and I'm a Alabama fan,so I was happy to see
Bo leave Auburn,same with Caddy and Brown)he was playing in one of the
senior all-stars games,I forgot which one,but Bo took the handoff up the
middle on a draw,when this unknown middle linebacker just destroyed him
on the tackle,highlite material.This MLB was from Western Mich or Central
Mich. ,I'm not sure....It was John Offerdall...Shula drafted him with his
second pick in that years draft.

duce with more juke? i dont think so... i think staley is a bigger slower more powerful brown... i mean duce got 10 lbs on him... but i think they have similar running styles, they wlil be successful with big holes but aren't gonna make much on their own... i feel like with our line a caddy or benson would be a better bet, a back woh doesn't need that monster hole to get through and will find that cutback lane and make a hole where ones not supposed to be...

Buddwalk said:
I've never seen a guy in my life that i can compare to barry sanders...and frankly i dont think we ever will.

I don't know that we will ever see a future RB that compares to Sanders but in the past Gale Sayers certainly was someone that I think possessed similar traits.

Thanks for the info. If Ronnie Brown is wearing a dolphin uni, and turns out to be Ahman Green w/o the fumbles, the fins will have a great back.

Ronnie is real good, but NOBODY can compare with Bo..

in measureables. Bo ran the 2 fastest times for the National Scouting Service for the NFL EVER. He ran back to back 4.2 40's. Bo graded out perfect in like 10 of 15 categories, unreal. Even the baseball scouts said he was one of the best baseball prospects he had ever seen. So Bo was possibly the best football AND baseball prospect ever.

cad said:
Ahman Green = Fumble King :roflmao:

Being from Auburn i can tell you that Brown has NEVER been known as a fumbler. I think alot of Greens problem though is that hes a profuse sweater and of course when hands get slippery 'LETS GET READY TO FUMBLLLLLLLE!!!!'(in a Michael Buffer voice)

I see Brown as more of a Jamal Lewis. He CAN cut, he CAN move despite some peoples feelings however his most effective running is straight ahead.

Bo was sick. I think he and Ronnie possess some qualities but like KB said, a bigger and faster specimen and an absolute freak incomparable to anyone in this day in age.

Back
Top Bottom