Bobby McCain having his best season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby McCain having his best season

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
Of all those notable Dolphins fifth rounders, McCain is enjoying the best season. Only one of the three passes thrown in McCain’s coverage area this season has been caught — for four yards. Those numbers — including his interception — equate to an incredible 2.8 NFL passer rating in his coverage area - best of any NFL safety.

What’s more, “I think Bobby’s leadership is one of the best I’ve been around in terms of his ability to communicate and really just be the same person every single day and be in the right spot,” cornerback Byron Jones said.

I know a lot of people are anxious to replace Bobby McCain at Safety but he's having a pretty good season and I don't think the Dolphins are going to be looking to replace him.

Bobby's been great this year, he's a little small but so is the honeybadger whom I've always admired.

If Noah can develop a little bit, this group definitely has the potential to be the best secondary in football which is amazing, probably unprecedented for this organization.

Surtain, Madison, Marion and YB? were excellent as well, but this group can be even better...

Funny how I hear he’s a “great communicator” in fact didn’t Byron Jones say he’s the best he’s been around? Yet I also hear the biggest issue with Seattle and Buffalo was communication? Lol.

Funny how I hear he’s a “great communicator” in fact didn’t Byron Jones say he’s the best he’s been around? Yet I also hear the biggest issue with Seattle and Buffalo was communication? Lol.
Igbinoghene started in both those games and Brandon Jones also played significant minutes in those games. Two rookies was the main issue with the breakdowns in the secondary.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves as it is only week 5 of an election year.

In all seriousness, I am the biggest Bobby McCain hater on this site and he definitely needs to be replaced but he is definitely playing better this year, particularly the last 2 weeks.

If he keeps playing well he can stay in, but eventually he will play a QB that will pick him apart over the top due to his speed like they have in the past. If it starts happening again, he needs to sit.

He is playing better but nowhere near Honeybadger level.

That wasn't McCain's bust on the last Buffalo TD? I am glad he's playing better though

Our secondary has been plagued by injuries forcing guys to have to play out of position for years. McCain has been forced to play positions he is never going to be good at (mainly boundary CB). He was a decent slot CB. He has been a decent FS which is played similar to a slot CB in our defensive scheme. Rowe and McCain have played well we Jones and Howard are both at 100%.

I know a lot of people are anxious to replace Bobby McCain at Safety but he's having a pretty good season and I don't think the Dolphins are going to be looking to replace him.

Bad news . . . BM will never be a top safety. Good news . . . if he can play at 'NFL average' that's much better than Miami has often seen. Yeah, he can be upgraded, but he's not Miami's biggest hole in the D

Bobby's been great this year, he's a little small but so is the honeybadger whom I've always admired.

If Noah can develop a little bit, this group definitely has the potential to be the best secondary in football which is amazing, probably unprecedented for this organization.

Surtain, Madison, Marion and YB? were excellent as well, but this group can be even better...

those four didnt play together. while YB was on the team on 2003, he was on the pratice squad. Marion left after 2003.

Madison, Surtain, Marion and Brian Walker were the secondary for most of our good years from the late 90's to the early 00's

Not a fan but he has played well the last two games. hopefully that continues but I think we could upgrade...

That wasn't McCain's bust on the last Buffalo TD? I am glad he's playing better though

Yes! But i think he was really focused on Igbo not messing up again. Remember Jones went out and Igbo was getting an unexpected start.
I'm also sure by that time Igbo had already been scrotched a few times.

those four didnt play together. while YB was on the team on 2003, he was on the pratice squad. Marion left after 2003.

Madison, Surtain, Marion and Brian Walker were the secondary for most of our good years from the late 90's to the early 00's
Sammy Knight came in there too. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn one year our entire secondary (both corners and both safeties) all had 5+ INT's. I could be wrong though.

He is a little small but he is delivering big hits causing several incomplete passes that were caught for big gains.

Back
Top Bottom