Bobby Mccain Starting Free Safety | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Mccain Starting Free Safety

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Club Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the move?

This move seems to be more in line with having Minkah close to the LOS where he is more effective. I'm not sure if Bobby is suited for the free safety position (does he have the range?) but willing to see how this move unfolds as Miami progress toward their first pre-season game.

Minkah is more effective in coverage anywhere and should be practiced there to work out penalty problems

Thoughts on the move?

This move seems to be more in line with having Minkah close to the LOS where he is more effective. I'm not sure if Bobby is suited for the free safety position (does he have the range?) but willing to see how this move unfolds as Miami progress toward their first pre-season game.

It isn't an optimal long term solution, but if the intention is to use Minkah's flexibility to the greatest advantage, it makes sense.

Neither Rashad, nor TJ suit the position any better, and although McCain is a bit overpaid, he isn't garbage, as long as you don't ask him to play a wide corner position.

Seems pretty obvious the staff likes the fact they can have
Minkah and McCain on the field at the same time...

I think it will be quite interesting to see how it plays out.

>>> for what it's worth -- he's still list as a CB on the team roster

Last edited:
You have to think some decisions come from playing against the Dolphins but also knowing the Patriots.

Thoughts on the move?

I admit, for now, I'm not sure I like it, but I don't see them every day. It does interest me fans are seeing a lot of seeming experimentation - McCain at FS, Ballage starting RB, Eguavoen (how is that name pronounced?) at LB, etc.

Now let's keep on an eye open for RJ's twitter and social media posts. ;)

(and real estate listings)....

It doesn't matter how many moves they make back there......if they don't have a pass rush up front our DB's will be in trouble all year long.

It doesn't matter how many moves they make back there......if they don't have a pass rush up front our DB's will be in trouble all year long.
So, even if that's true, does that mean we shouldn't prepare for the future? Should we just say "screw it"?

SMH

Back
Top Bottom