Bobby Mccain Starting Free Safety | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Mccain Starting Free Safety

So, even if that's true, does that mean we shouldn't prepare for the future? Should we just say "screw it"?

SMH
No, I didn't say that. All I said was we need a pass rush or our DB's will get exposed. Seems you read what you wanted to read for no reason.

No, I didn't say that. All I said was we need a pass rush or our DB's will get exposed. Seems you read what you wanted to read for no reason.
When 9 of of 10 posts are negative, I get the picture.

Any comment concerning the actual thread topic?

My apologies. Perhaps I overreacted.

Had you made the statement in this manner originally, I probably would have just glossed over it.

My bad

It's a total wildcard.

Sometimes those guys aren't challenged enough, or in the right situations, to where they rarely get exposed. That's the hope.

But if you're a safety then at some point a tight end is going to find you. And if you're 5'9" then that could spell trouble, just as we saw Mike Gesicki make a new highlight clip for himself the other day by reaching up and Moss'ing Bobby McCain.

And the other thing is, if you don't have a lot of experience playing with that much green in front of you, and especially if you're not the fastest guy on the field which he's clearly not, and especially if you're short, then at some point you're going to take a false step or take the wrong angle when the ball breaks into the open, and what could've gone down as just a big 20+ yard play could turn into a 60 yard touchdown.

The height and the speed both minimize the margin for error to a very large degree. And he does not have a wealth of experience to draw on in order to overcome that low margin for error with consistency and feel.

If he does this well, it will be a great tribute to him as a player. The coaching staff are asking a lot of him.

Other than him being short, small, having poor closing speed, so so tackler, inconsistent with coverage, so so ball skills and the secondary having a plethora of breakdowns when he was making the calls last year (from what I recall hearing), Im all in with him as our last line of defense. Hurrah!??

He'll probably end up playing a couple of roles just as several of the defensive players (and NE players) will do...It seems they want to be versatile and play the match-ups. It makes sense to get him a lot of reps at the FS spot even if he still plays slot once in a while.

Seems to me Reshad and TJ are going to be in the box most of the time (LB or SS) and one of them is going to lose some snaps to more versatile players. More than a few DB's being paid as starters right now that will not be full time players. If Jones is truly late to meetings a lot as was rumored in the past, he could be on the way to being phased out. I doubt Flo will tolerate it.

Feels like jones is getting traded to me.

With Miami fronting a bunch of the money in the process.

Be surprised if he’s still here coming out of the preseason

Need all the safeties we can get.. i can see us line up with x and rowe and the other 4 guys in the secondary are all safeties...

Ugh I was hoping for fewer snaps for McCain (preferably zero) not more. This is the first seed of doubt for me on the Flores regime.

I haven’t been the biggest McCain fan so the move to remove him from a spot and replace with a better player who’s great there is the right call..

Brian Flores calling McCain a “very very talented player” gives me hope that seeing the field differently and having different responsibilities might match up with his skill set better

Better then having Jones and McDonald back there. What is it with this franchise putting two strong safety’s whom skill is suited close to line of scrimmage. We all knew it wouldn’t work with Wilson and bell years ago. We knew Jones TJ wouldn’t work well together either.

I like this move. When McCain is in the slot he is scrappy , willing tackler with ball skills. On the boundary he is awful. But he has better range then Jones and McDonald.

Tired of getting beat deep. Worth a shot I think.

Back
Top Bottom