Bobby McCain | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby McCain

Interesting point about you're guy in the seventh. Isaiah Ford might be flawed value logic in the seventh. I, as well, was secretly hoping for some scatty CB's.

I watched the Voch Lombardi YouTube of Tankersly and he looks way better in press coverage. I'm glad we got him, like you said, you can't have enough of them. However, combining his lack of tackling prowess, with his propensity to hold, he might just be the last guy on the roster I'd consider for the slot.

But yeah, really would have liked to see a Corn Elder or Teez Tabor drafted this year.

Yeah, Voch Lombardi confuses Tankersley with Gareon Conely a few times, but his analysis is spot on. When Tankersley is able to get in the receiver's face and get physical he can be a great CB. But if asked to play off and read, that's not his strong suit. He needs to get into camp and buckle down so he can learn those situations better and move instinctively rather than panicking from lack of knowing what to do or falling behind the play and then grabbing. He also needs to take a more committed approach to tackling. Both of those things can be taught if Tankersley is willing to learn.

He def. needs to play better to be a starter in this league yes, but let's see how an upgraded front 7 helps his play improve...FWIW our LB play was a borderline disaster last year and our lack of 2 starters at Safety most of the season didnt help anyone either...I like the kid and am rooting for him but am not sold at this point
Plus theres this:
mccain.jpg

I think Jordan Lucas was moved back to Cb as well. Played the slot at Penn St. A long shot, underdog I know....

McCain is my major question mark for this season too. I'm still hopeful he will become that slot CB our coaches believe he can be. In most cases, it takes 2-3 years before a DB settles in and plays to potential. Let's hope that proves to be right for McCain in his third year.

When my friend played against him in pre season during Mccain's rookie year he said Mccain had laughably stiff hips and let him do whatever he wanted against him. Ever since he told me that I can't un-see how tight his hips are on the field.

well looks like bobby mccains gig it is then. barring a Lafayette pitts upset. or Miami deciding that x howard is it's best slot in the nickel

Glad to see you back Hoops! We always appreciate your insight!

When my friend played against him in pre season during Mccain's rookie year he said Mccain had laughably stiff hips and let him do whatever he wanted against him. Ever since he told me that I can't un-see how tight his hips are on the field.

This. The kid moves like the Exxon Valdez.

McCain scouting report:

Plays low with agile feet and sudden quickness…fluid hips and doesn’t struggle changing directions in transition…natural feel in coverage with terrific ball awareness

Room to clean up his pursuit angles with unreliable break down skills in space…half-hearted tackle attempts and doesn’t pack much power behind his pads

will lose his man in space and allow his eyes to get lost in the backfield…needs to improve his underneath anticipation to click-and-close sooner on slants, protecting against getting beat deep.

Did he do enough to make an NFL roster? Just curious.

He makes a face like someone stole his momma's bag of groceries but he is too little to go after it.

Last edited:

It's obvious when he's on the field. Glaringly obvious.

He's a starter because Miami. Miami is gonna hurt in slot play this year, if depending on McCain and whatever poor soul is behind McCain on the depth chart. Another case of fourth or fifth string on a good team starting for Miami. And a slug backing up the position on the depth chart.

And I'm not as high on Howard as some people seem to be.

LD

Did he do enough to make an NFL roster? Just curious.

Miami Dolphins.

Cupboards so bare for years. Last year a couple injuries and they're pulling delivery guys off the street to start.

It's such an old story.

And each year they it seems like they cut talent that is better than someone they keep -- at a position of need. Not so bad as in the Philbin years, thankfully. But Miami.

LD

Back
Top Bottom