Bobby Simmons to Bucks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Simmons to Bucks

phunwin said:
Mason is 6'5. I think we can probably put the kibosh on the "maybe he'll play the 4" talk.

Marquis Daniels logged some serious time last year at the 4....granted hes not much of a defensive presence down there but it still was fun to watch.

phunwin said:
Problem is that there just aren't that many PFs on the market that would be a big help to the Bucks. Shareef Abdur-Rahim would, but it looks like he's headed elsewhere (looks like he wants to take the MLE from an immediate contender). Tyson Chandler would, but he's out of their price range. The only guy that might have made sense and is available is Stromile Swift.

I suppose Swift would be a better pickup, but I'm getting the feeling that he's going to be dramatically overpaid by someone. Call it a hunch. In any event, aside from that, the 4s on the market won't help the Bucks much. You can get by with Joe Smith and Dan Gadzuric at the 4. It's not ideal, but they're not bad. Remember that Gadzuric frequently was pressed into service at center last year, which he's ill-suited for. He'll be better at the 4.

Good Post... Some team I am sure will overpay for Swift... Gadzuric did a great job playing Center (great RBer) and the move to the 4-5 will be better for him. Mason playing the 4 is laughable for anyone that knows the Bucks. With all the firepower we have at the 1,2,3, I am pretty happy with a PF-C rotation of Smith, Bogut, Gadzuric, Pachulia. In the Eastern Conference we could do well..

GreenMonster said:
Mason playing the 4 is laughable for anyone that knows the Bucks. With all the firepower we have at the 1,2,3, I am pretty happy with a PF-C rotation of Smith, Bogut, Gadzuric, Pachulia. In the Eastern Conference we could do well..

Just curious...as a bucks fan would you prefer them to be a fun team to watch or one that wins games? I assume you can accept that there is no way they are contenders, the odds are that at best they will be the 6th team in the east...

Ferretsquig said:
Just curious...as a bucks fan would you prefer them to be a fun team to watch or one that wins games? I assume you can accept that there is no way they are contenders, the odds are that at best they will be the 6th team in the east...

The Hawks have a fun team to watch but its all about winning. Besides the Heat, Pistons, Pacers, nobody in the East will be hands down better than us. For a team that won 30 games last year, we added TJ Ford back from injury, #1 pick Bogut at C, and then Simmons another good wing player, who can D up and shoot. The will be fun to watch and atleast make the playoffs. This team can be a contender if some things come togather since we play in the East..

ok I get it....you are delusional... I know as a fan its nice to think your team will always contend but there is just no way that team is even close to the elites in the eastern conference. I just dont see the benifit in winning games when you know you cant contend....better to have some really lousy seasons and hope to draft a superstar.

Ferretsquig said:
ok I get it....you are delusional... I know as a fan its nice to think your team will always contend but there is just no way that team is even close to the elites in the eastern conference. I just dont see the benifit in winning games when you know you cant contend....better to have some really lousy seasons and hope to draft a superstar.

I am delusional.... I guess the Cavs should keep losing because last year they couldn't even make the players with Lebron in the East.. I never said my team was close to the 3 elite teams ( Heat, Pistons, Pacers), but after that we should be in the mix somewhere. You my friend would make a great GM of the Hawks...:lol: I guess the Mavericks and Sonics should just blow up there teams too and start over... It takes more than 1 year to build a team and we have alot of good young players who will get better in time.. All of your rambling comes from a guy that would play Marquis Daniels and Desmond Mason at the 4...

But really how can you even hope to win a championship? The common element of championship teams for the last 20 yrs has either been a dominant big man or Jordan, with the exception of the two Piston's abberations. Its nice to dream and I guess if your satisfied with being a perennial playoff loser then its fine.....seems like a miserable thing to root for though.

Ferretsquig said:
But really how can you even hope to win a championship? The common element of championship teams for the last 20 yrs has either been a dominant big man or Jordan, with the exception of the two Piston's abberations. Its nice to dream and I guess if your satisfied with being a perennial playoff loser then its fine.....seems like a miserable thing to root for though.

Its what sports are all about.. Who says Bogut can't be great. And every team since 92' cept the Bulls, Rockets, Lakers, Spurs, and Pistons seem fine just trying to contend every year. What do you have against a young up and coming team..

Oh nothing against them, I do love watching Ford play. Its just hard for me to grasp the idea of rooting for a team which has little to no chance of competing for a title.

Ferretsquig said:
Oh nothing against them, I do love watching Ford play. Its just hard for me to grasp the idea of rooting for a team which has little to no chance of competing for a title.

Sorry I am a Bucks fan till I die just like the Dolphins. I am a diehard RedSox fan also (GreenMonster) and have waited every day since 86' when I was 8 and my dad woke me up so I could watch the RedSox win the WS. If I told you in the early 90's when Uconn had Tate George and a bunch of scrubs that we would win 2 titles before 2005 people would laugh me off the board. I am a true fan the roots for my teams through thick and thin...(Dolphins, Redsox, Bucks, Thrashers, Uconn)

Back
Top Bottom