Bobby Simmons to Bucks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Simmons to Bucks

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
Bobby Simmons took a 5 year, $47 million deal from Milwaukee. Should be a nice complement to Michael Redd and Desmond Mason. I'm guessing Mason comes off the bench.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2103984

If TJ Ford is healthy, that team's starting to look pretty good. Their problem is being stuck in the same division as Detroit, Indiana and Cleveland, all of whom are still better. (I'm assuming Cleveland resigns Ilgauskas and makes one more addition. If not, then Milwaukee's better.) Still, they're probably a playoff team now.

phunwin said:
Bobby Simmons took a 5 year, $47 million deal from Milwaukee. Should be a nice complement to Michael Redd and Desmond Mason. I'm guessing Mason comes off the bench.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2103984

If TJ Ford is healthy, that team's starting to look pretty good. Their problem is being stuck in the same division as Detroit, Indiana and Cleveland, all of whom are still better. (I'm assuming Cleveland resigns Ilgauskas and makes one more addition. If not, then Milwaukee's better.) Still, they're probably a playoff team now.

I like Simmons also, but what we really needed was a 4.. It will interesting to see which player comes off the bench at the 3 when the season starts. Mason didn't exactly have a bad year last year he avg. more that Simmons.

The Bucks are really coming up strong this year. I was hoping that Simmons would sign with my Rox, ut i guess i am wrong.

If the Bucks teams stays like this, we should make the playoffs. We will have a nice starting 5 and some great players off the bench. Watchout East..

GreenMonster said:
I like Simmons also, but what we really needed was a 4.. It will interesting to see which player comes off the bench at the 3 when the season starts. Mason didn't exactly have a bad year last year he avg. more that Simmons.

I think that Mason's game is better suited to a sixth man role than Simmons. Mason thrives on energy and loves to play fast-paced basketball. I would use him as a guy that could come off the bench and give the team a shot of adrenaline.

I think the Bucks could have used a four, but it may not be such an urgent need. This could be a real fast-breaking team next year; if Ford is healthy, they're very athletic at every position but center...where almost no one is all that athletic anyway. A combo of Gadzuric and Smith at the 4 would fit into that pretty well.

PhinDude88 said:
I was hoping that Simmons would sign with my Rox, ut i guess i am wrong.

Where would they play him? You guys already have Tracy McGrady at the 3 and more combo guards than the Knicks. The best move would probably be to offer the mid-level exception to Stromile Swift and hope he takes it.

Hmm, looks like Milwaukee could be an interesting team to defend next year...on one hand, it could be very Phoenix-like, especially if Desmond Mason is playing the 4. However, you also have a #1 pick, a center, who doesn't really fit with that style of offense.

RWhitney014 said:
Hmm, looks like Milwaukee could be an interesting team to defend next year...on one hand, it could be very Phoenix-like, especially if Desmond Mason is playing the 4. However, you also have a #1 pick, a center, who doesn't really fit with that style of offense.

Desmond Mason won't play the 4, he doesn't really rebound and thats what killed us last year. I do like Mason of the Bench he is a great scorer and can run all day. I know one thing, that with Ford back, Bogut at C, and now Simmons we should be able to put up a bunch of points each night.. Playing D is a different story...

GreenMonster said:
Desmond Mason won't play the 4, he doesn't really rebound and thats what killed us last year. I do like Mason of the Bench he is a great scorer and can run all day. I know one thing, that with Ford back, Bogut at C, and now Simmons we should be able to put up a bunch of points each night.. Playing D is a different story...

That's probably why they wanted Simmons. Unlike many of their other guys, Simmons can D up. Figure they'll put him on guys like LeBron and McGrady and hope the rest of the team can hold their own.

With a healthy TJ Ford, this could be a playoff team if Bogut has a similar impact to Okafor/Howard last year.

C - Bogut/Gadzuric/Booth
PF - Smith/Pachulia/Kukoc/Fizer
SF - Simmons/Mason/Welsh
SG - Redd/Mason/Welsh
PG - Ford/Williams/Strickland

2 Pistolz said:
With a healthy TJ Ford, this could be a playoff team if Bogut has a similar impact to Okafor/Howard last year.

C - Bogut/Gadzuric/Booth
PF - Smith/Pachulia/Kukoc/Fizer
SF - Simmons/Mason/Welsh
SG - Redd/Mason/Welsh
PG - Ford/Williams/Strickland

I would be quite happy with this rotation if we can keep both Gadzuric and Pachulia. Even if we only get one we will have a solid team with Ford a semi rookie, and Bogut looks to be pretty NBA ready..

Man Simmons got ALOT of money for a one year career. We had him in Washington for a couple of years and he wasn OK but never a great player. This deal is a ton of money for a guy that had a big year for the Clippers. Are they really going to bench Mason for this guy? Not sure why a team that needs rebounding and defense picked up a guy they already have in Mason. I know they need talent but this move doesnt really seem to make a lot of sense.

Its a shame to see a franchise continually screw up. At least buck's fans get to be excited about that high draft pick they get every year. They desperately need some sort of interior presence on the defensive end and they pick up a small foward who is recently removed from the NBDL. If they do try Mason at the PF spot they will be fun to watch.....but fun to watch doesnt necessarily translate into victories.

Ferretsquig said:
Its a shame to see a franchise continually screw up. At least buck's fans get to be excited about that high draft pick they get every year. They desperately need some sort of interior presence on the defensive end and they pick up a small foward who is recently removed from the NBDL. If they do try Mason at the PF spot they will be fun to watch.....but fun to watch doesnt necessarily translate into victories.

Mason is 6'5. I think we can probably put the kibosh on the "maybe he'll play the 4" talk.

finfansince72 said:
Man Simmons got ALOT of money for a one year career. We had him in Washington for a couple of years and he wasn OK but never a great player. This deal is a ton of money for a guy that had a big year for the Clippers. Are they really going to bench Mason for this guy? Not sure why a team that needs rebounding and defense picked up a guy they already have in Mason. I know they need talent but this move doesnt really seem to make a lot of sense.

Problem is that there just aren't that many PFs on the market that would be a big help to the Bucks. Shareef Abdur-Rahim would, but it looks like he's headed elsewhere (looks like he wants to take the MLE from an immediate contender). Tyson Chandler would, but he's out of their price range. The only guy that might have made sense and is available is Stromile Swift.

I suppose Swift would be a better pickup, but I'm getting the feeling that he's going to be dramatically overpaid by someone. Call it a hunch. In any event, aside from that, the 4s on the market won't help the Bucks much. You can get by with Joe Smith and Dan Gadzuric at the 4. It's not ideal, but they're not bad. Remember that Gadzuric frequently was pressed into service at center last year, which he's ill-suited for. He'll be better at the 4.

Back
Top Bottom