BOBBY TAYLOR Cut June 1st????? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BOBBY TAYLOR Cut June 1st?????

southjerzmastax

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Seahawks | B. Taylor Probably Gone June 1 - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 22 May 2005 17:40:10 -0700

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/21">Mike Sando, reports for the Sporting News, the Seattle Seahawks are expected to release CB Bobby Taylor (knee) after June 1. His knee issues and his high salary make him a prime candidate to be gone. The Seahawks will need his salary cap savings to sign their rookies.

WOULD U GUYS TAKE HIM?????

Taylor is washed up and we already have a better press corner in Sam Madison

If we can get him for a decent deal, he'd make a heck of a FS IMO. He may have lost a step or 2 at CB, but as a S he'd be great.

southjerzmastax said:
Seahawks | B. Taylor Probably Gone June 1 - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 22 May 2005 17:40:10 -0700

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/21">Mike Sando, reports for the Sporting News, the Seattle Seahawks are expected to release CB Bobby Taylor (knee) after June 1. His knee issues and his high salary make him a prime candidate to be gone. The Seahawks will need his salary cap savings to sign their rookies.

WOULD U GUYS TAKE HIM?????
He has KNEE ISSUES AND A HIGH SALARY! COME ON! We just moved Surtain, a top 3 CB with good health and you want to take on Bobby Taylor now? Thats counterproductive. :shakeno: Taylor is an overpaid older CB with bad knees and maybe a top 10 CB...... Surtain was a top 3 CB who was overpaid and just at the peak of his prime..... we moved Surtain, ya think we want Taylor instead?

Philter25 said:
He has KNEE ISSUES AND A HIGH SALARY! COME ON! We just moved Surtain, a top 3 CB with good health and you want to take on Bobby Taylor now? Thats counterproductive. :shakeno: Taylor is an overpaid older CB with bad knees and maybe a top 10 CB...... Surtain was a top 3 CB who was overpaid and just at the peak of his prime..... we moved Surtain, ya think we want Taylor instead?

What high salary Philter? His "big money" Seattle contract was 4 years/11.8 million. No team considers Taylor even a top 20 CB anymore and he won't be paid as one. Taylor wouldn't be expected to be the longterm replacement for Surtain or even a longterm starter. Will be a good and affordable pick up for a team needing CB depth.

Eshlemon said:
What high salary Philter? His "big money" Seattle contract was 4 years/11.8 million. No team considers Taylor even a top 20 CB anymore and he won't be paid as one. Taylor wouldn't be expected to be the longterm replacement for Surtain or even a longterm starter. Will be a good and affordable pick up for a team needing CB depth.

3 million for an injured CB is a high salary. Ty Law is rumored to want 4 million a year. Taylor is waaay overpaid at 3 million a year and has injury problems.

Say he wants to sign a vet min contract here for depth for one season here, thats cool with me. But why in the world would Bobby Taylor want to do that?

Players dont want to sign 1 year deals. There is no security in that. They also dont want to sign 2 year backloaded deals which the team can cut them, its essentially a 1-year deal.

Im a huge Philly fan so I was a huge Bobby Taylor fan and was mad when Philly moved him. Unfortuantely, Bobby Taylor was good a few years ago in Philly, but Philly knew when to get rid of him and when his time had come. Bobby Taylor is on the same level as T-Buck IMO. They both are past their prime only T-Buck doesnt have the injury concerns Taylor does.

Philter25 said:
3 million for an injured CB is a high salary. Ty Law is rumored to want 4 million a year. Taylor is waaay overpaid at 3 million a year and has injury problems.

Say he wants to sign a vet min contract here for depth for one season here, thats cool with me. But why in the world would Bobby Taylor want to do that?

Players dont want to sign 1 year deals. There is no security in that. They also dont want to sign 2 year backloaded deals which the team can cut them, its essentially a 1-year deal.

Im a huge Philly fan so I was a huge Bobby Taylor fan and was mad when Philly moved him. Unfortuantely, Bobby Taylor was good a few years ago in Philly, but Philly knew when to get rid of him and when his time had come. Bobby Taylor is on the same level as T-Buck IMO. They both are past their prime only T-Buck doesnt have the injury concerns Taylor does.

I don't understand your logic. You state Bobby Taylor isn't worth a 3 million a year salary (I agree) but he won't accept any less? Not a Philly fan so I don't know what type of person he is, but if he wants to play he won't have a choice. Even if he passes a physical, don't see anyone giving him a big contract. Best I think he can hope for is a 2 year incintive based contract with the veteran minimum & small bonus. Contract may even look big, but would have a lot of funny money salary next year he'll never see similar to Tebucky Jones ($665,000 to 3 million salary)

Eshlemon said:
I don't understand your logic. You state Bobby Taylor isn't worth a 3 million a year salary (I agree) but he won't accept any less? Not a Philly fan so I don't know what type of person he is, but if he wants to play he won't have a choice. Even if he passes a physical, don't see anyone giving him a big contract. Best I think he can hope for is a 2 year incintive based contract with the veteran minimum & small bonus. Contract may even look big, but would have a lot of funny money salary next year he'll never see similar to Tebucky Jones ($665,000 to 3 million salary)

Well im glad we both agree he isnt worth 3 million a year....

From our standpoint, we would want a player like him to sign a 1 year vet min deal to be our #4 CB.....

From Bobby's standpoint, why would he want to do that? If you are a player at his age, you want job security. You dont want to sign a 1 year deal for cheap and be in the same exact situation you are a year from now. You also dont want to sign a 2 year deal thats backloaded where the team will just cut you after a year.... that give you no job security. A 2 year incentive based contract sounds great for us as fans, but realistically its a 1 year deal for Bobby before he is cut at the same time next year. It doesnt make sense for him to sign it unless he plans on only playing one more year...... which maybe he does, I have no idea.

Taylor left Philly because he wanted to be paid and Philly didnt want to pay him. Philly doesnt overpay for players and although they have said goodbye to some of my fav players, a year from the move when I look back it was a good move. Taylor's play dropped as soon as he left Philly.... same with Troy Vincent, same with Trotter, and same with Hugh Douglas. They all wanted to get paid and Philly said "no thanks"

...anyway back to the subject. Taylor is going on 32 years old I believe... players at that age want a secure deal to finish out their career. If Taylor thinks he has 3-4 years left in him, he is going to want to sign for that amount of time for job security until he retires. He is in the same boat Ty Law is only he isnt as pricey as Law. They both are coming off injuries and are both question marks. You dont want a question mark as your depth CB. This is why there are a lot of contract disputes with teams. Players want security because they have such a short career span and teams only want you for your prime career span.

Also, just a side note, based on our cap room, I dont know if we would even be able to sign him at a middle figure. We will probably go after someone cheaper with no injury concerns such as RW Mcquarters who was just released today.

Philter25 said:
Well im glad we both agree he isnt worth 3 million a year....

From our standpoint, we would want a player like him to sign a 1 year vet min deal to be our #4 CB.....

From Bobby's standpoint, why would he want to do that? If you are a player at his age, you want job security. You dont want to sign a 1 year deal for cheap and be in the same exact situation you are a year from now. You also dont want to sign a 2 year deal thats backloaded where the team will just cut you after a year.... that give you no job security. A 2 year incentive based contract sounds great for us as fans, but realistically its a 1 year deal for Bobby before he is cut at the same time next year. It doesnt make sense for him to sign it unless he plans on only playing one more year...... which maybe he does, I have no idea.

Taylor left Philly because he wanted to be paid and Philly didnt want to pay him. Philly doesnt overpay for players and although they have said goodbye to some of my fav players, a year from the move when I look back it was a good move. Taylor's play dropped as soon as he left Philly.... same with Troy Vincent, same with Trotter, and same with Hugh Douglas. They all wanted to get paid and Philly said "no thanks"

...anyway back to the subject. Taylor is going on 32 years old I believe... players at that age want a secure deal to finish out their career. If Taylor thinks he has 3-4 years left in him, he is going to want to sign for that amount of time for job security until he retires. He is in the same boat Ty Law is only he isnt as pricey as Law. They both are coming off injuries and are both question marks. You dont want a question mark as your depth CB. This is why there are a lot of contract disputes with teams. Players want security because they have such a short career span and teams only want you for your prime career span.

Also, just a side note, based on our cap room, I dont know if we would even be able to sign him at a middle figure. We will probably go after someone cheaper with no injury concerns such as RW Mcquarters who was just released today.

Taylor may want a big long term contract (who wouldn't?) but if NFL teams agree with us, he's not going to get it. IMO he has two choices, get paid 1-1.5 million this year or retire.

taylor is sorry thats why philly sent him packin and hes old mcquarters you got a pen

Taylor should be no more then a DimeBack. I would take a chance of signing McQuarters before i would Taylor.

Back
Top Bottom