Bobby Taylor to be released... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Taylor to be released...

KPDolfan424

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I havent seen this mentioned yet, if it has my fault but does anybody know if he is any good in seattle?? could this help our corner back situation?

he is a very big(6'2 or 6'3) aggressive corner, and would be best in a zone scheme. i would take him over Mcquarters unless he was more expensive. i am not gonna call him a "saban type player" becuz i hate that Frickin term, but he is physically the kind of player at corner that saban has expressed interest in becuz he is tall and physical.

yea, saftey would be a great idea too

I would take McQuarters over Taylor. Bobby Taylor is old, knee injury problems, on the downside of his career, and overpaid.

well McQuarters is garbage, i have watched him the past 3 years be horrible with the bears. the only thing he does well is serve the community

he is a very big(6'2 or 6'3) aggressive corner, and would be best in a zone scheme. i would take him over Mcquarters unless he was more expensive. i am not gonna call him a "saban type player" becuz i hate that Frickin term, but he is physically the kind of player at corner that saban has expressed interest in becuz he is tall and physical.

Try not to forget the whole ketchup allegory. Saban doesn't just like one kind of player...though he does show a clear preference for height among LBs and DL. But, at a position like corner, you need to have your big physical guys and you also need to have your speedy guys that can run all the way down the field with receivers. He likes to have variety in his team, so that he can use the players how he sees fit.

ouch, yea i just saw taylor is 31...not such a great idea afterall

right, i agree, but we dont have any large aggressive corners on our team, and taylor is exactly that. i wasnt sayin that is the only type he likes, i just have read how he likes bigger players with size advantage

he was self labeled "bobby-the-blanket" here in philly and was laughed out of town his final year for being a wuss. he should play the game in his sunday dress.

DcRy82 said:

There is a reason both Philly and the Seahawks let him go.

DcRy82 said:
right, i agree, but we dont have any large aggressive corners on our team, and taylor is exactly that. i wasnt sayin that is the only type he likes, i just have read how he likes bigger players with size advantage

Taylor and is agressive, but that doesnt change the fact that we need a depth CHEAP CB thats healthy and can make it through the season. Taylor is old and has knee problems... you dont want to depend on him as your depth CB. We already have Poole injured, we dont need another CB down.

DcRy82 said:
ouch, yea i just saw taylor is 31...not such a great idea afterall

so hes old and his best years are behind him. sounds like a normal Saban signing to me... :lol:

but seriously, a 1 year contract to fill a gap caused by injury is not that bad an idea. the only problem might be his contract, but if no other team offers him anything, he may settle for a low amount.

InMyChambers said:
he was self labeled "bobby-the-blanket" here in philly and was laughed out of town his final year for being a wuss. he should play the game in his sunday dress.

bro - your sig is funny as s*** :lol:

Back
Top Bottom