Boem and Jenkins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boem and Jenkins

speaking of Pro Football Focus, here are the season grades for the offensive linemen:
Daniel Kilgore 62.2 (average)
Jesse Davis 56.9 (average)
Evan Boehm 49.9 (below-average)
Isaiah Prince 45.6 (below-average)
Julie’n Davenport 45.5 (below-average)
Michael Deiter 42.3 (poor)
Shaq Calhoun 36.4 (poor)
J’Marcus Webb 35.9 (poor)

Does that include Deiter's time at OT?

Always take these ratings with a few chunks of salt. Try as they might, the people doing these ratings may not understand what the assignment was on a particular play or whether a player was expected to have help on that play.

Also, understand that the raters also have biases that determine how they do those ratings.

I'm not arguing for ignoring their work, just don't take their ratings as gospel.

Always take these ratings with a few chunks of salt. Try as they might, the people doing these ratings may not understand what the assignment was on a particular play or whether a player was expected to have help on that play.

Also, understand that the raters also have biases that determine how they do those ratings.

I'm not arguing for ignoring their work, just don't take their ratings as gospel.

I agree with you in general. In some defense, I've never seen them rate, say, Von Miller in the average range or Dallas Thomas as top 10. They're usually pretty close. I referred to this above . . . I don't know if they are counting Deiter's work at OT in those ratings or does he get a separate rating for both positions? Same with Boehm and Davis.

I agree with you in general. In some defense, I've never seen them rate, say, Von Miller in the average range or Dallas Thomas as top 10. They're usually pretty close. I referred to this above . . . I don't know if they are counting Deiter's work at OT in those ratings or does he get a separate rating for both positions? Same with Boehm and Davis.

That is fair.

I'd also like to add this thought... Rankings for rookies (Dieter, Prince) will also be lower, as they are just starting to figure out what they are up against, and they may be being asked to do too much for their level of development. Now, players like Davenport or Webb who've been around for awhile, I think what you see is all you'll ever get.

That is fair.

I'd also like to add this thought... Rankings for rookies (Dieter, Prince) will also be lower, as they are just starting to figure out what they are up against, and they may be being asked to do too much for their level of development. Now, players like Davenport or Webb who've been around for awhile, I think what you see is all you'll ever get.

My only qualification is "some, like me, are correct that..." "Myself" is a reflective pronoun. ;)

Now, players like Davenport or Webb who've been around for awhile, I think what you see is all you'll ever get.

Davenport has been around for a year. In Houston, he was miscast as a RT (FLOP!), salvageable as a LT. Comes to Miami and is injured most of his tenure here.

The WHOLE team is on his level, or SLIGHTLY ahead...hence the 3 wins in 12 games. I look at Davenport as of this was his fourth game and compare him to the rest of the line in their 4th game.

My only qualification is "some, like me, are correct that..." "Myself" is a reflective pronoun. ;)

I was arguing with a flame-thrower awhile back and he wrote that before launching into his point of view...

The only part of that tagline that I wrote was the "ROFL".

Davenport has been around for a year. In Houston, he was miscast as a RT (FLOP!), salvageable as a LT. Comes to Miami and is injured most of his tenure here.

The WHOLE team is on his level, or SLIGHTLY ahead...hence the 3 wins in 12 games. I look at Davenport as of this was his fourth game and compare him to the rest of the line in their 4th game.

I have not written him off, but I suspect that he will be fighting it out for a single roster spot with Prince and Calhoun next year. I don't see any of them as being better than 8th man in a decent rotation.

I was arguing with a flame-thrower awhile back and he wrote that before launching into his point of view...

The only part of that tagline that I wrote was the "ROFL".

Yeah, but I'm not a flame-thrower. :D

Back
Top Bottom