Boem and Jenkins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boem and Jenkins

Hope they keep Boehm for depth, Jenkins has played really well, just not sure his age will be in his favor here... this was nice to see, three rookies highlighted on this play by Baldinger..

Looks like Boehm has had zero snap counts last 2 weeks.

Nice work by Cox there, how involved has he been so far this season?

For continuity and depth, yes. Both have played well in comparison to others.

yes to boehm and jenkins getting extensions [be good depth next year]
also i think about godchaux extension !!

Last edited:
The OL coach maybe the weakest link on this coaching staff.
It's clear we don't have the talent up front.
But there's enough misses there to make you think the coaching at position is not up to par.

It goes without saying how important that position is to overall team success.

I 100% disagree with this statement. You see technique improvements from our lineman almost every single game. That is good coaching. We have 0 clue why they are putting certain guys out and not others. Could be missed assignements, could be communication issue, chemistry issue...we have no clue. But to question googs coaching seems crazy to me. He has done a fantastic job and may be the person I highlight as having the most improvement from his unit as the season progressed. Although, that secondary improvement has been nothing short of spectacular as well...

It's so we can guarantee the R Edge will not get double teamed. They line up the guy most likely to be doubled next to him.

It's not like Harris takes any advantage from it but Chase Young, Shaquil Barrett, Yannick Ngakoue or at least Jamie Collins would.

That's interesting, hadn't thought of that.

Why didnt Boehm play subday

Just throwing theories out there, but I think they're very interested in one of the top two centers in the draft, and are working hard at trying to get Boehm more comfortable at one of the guard position, do he will be ready for next year.

That would allow them a guard that in an emergency can move over to play center also. I like Boehm, and if they get one of those two centers. Boehm needs to be out there also next year.

The OL coach maybe the weakest link on this coaching staff.
It's clear we don't have the talent up front.
But there's enough misses there to make you think the coaching at position is not up to par.

It goes without saying how important that position is to overall team success.

This has got to be a typo. Seriously? Gugs is very well respected around the league. What he's done with rookies, UDFAs, and practice squad players is very impressive.

Just throwing theories out there, but I think they're very interested in one of the top two centers in the draft, and are working hard at trying to get Boehm more comfortable at one of the guard position, do he will be ready for next year.

That would allow them a guard that in an emergency can move over to play center also. I like Boehm, and if they get one of those two centers. Boehm needs to be out there also next year.

I'd love to see Biadasz or Humphrey at C and Boehm at RG. Throw in one of the top rated LTs in the draft, sign a quality RT in FA, and draft Tommy Kraemer from ND (he's recovering from surgery now, but would be a nice road-grading LG in the Quentin Nelson mold) and let Dieter and Kraemer compete. Hey, a guy can dream! :)

Kilgore is a captain and a hard working vet... Flores respects him and is leaning on him to settle things down this year.

Is he good? Not really.

Will he be on the team next year?

I doubt it.

Boehm will however... and I'm guessing that he will be our 7th man, backing up all three inside positions. If the new center flames out; Boehm will replace him.

Just my guess.

Next year, Davenport, Prince, and Calhoun will be fighting for one spot.

Another guess...

Nice work by Cox there, how involved has he been so far this season?

Cox not very involved at all, so far. Makes me wonder why we drafted a FB? Still, he was sure useful on that play. Could be they don't want to tip their hand they are gonna run by having Cox in there? Or maybe their formations with Cox are mostly not yet ready for primetime?

▪ Pro Football Focus gave Parker, quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and tight end Mike Gesicki the top three grades on Miami’s offense. Guard Shaq Calhoun was given the worst grade on offense; he allowed five quarterback pressures and a sack. Left tackle Julien Davenport, who missed three snaps with an injury, allowed two sacks and five pressures.

This is and has been embarrassing for Davenport and not much better for Shaq.

speaking of Pro Football Focus, here are the season grades for the offensive linemen:
Daniel Kilgore 62.2 (average)
Jesse Davis 56.9 (average)
Evan Boehm 49.9 (below-average)
Isaiah Prince 45.6 (below-average)
Julie’n Davenport 45.5 (below-average)
Michael Deiter 42.3 (poor)
Shaq Calhoun 36.4 (poor)
J’Marcus Webb 35.9 (poor)

This has got to be a typo. Seriously? Gugs is very well respected around the league. What he's done with rookies, UDFAs, and practice squad players is very impressive.

That maybe so...but i question some of the line-up choices and this line doesn't seem to be getting better as the season progresses.
They seem to be making the same mistakes over and over.

Fitz ability to scramble and make plays happen is the only reason why it doesn't look worst than it is in actuality.

I stand by my original statement.

Note: You absolutely need talent at all position including that one. But there is coaching deficiency, imo, at that position.

Back
Top Bottom