Boise St win hurts power conferences in the future | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boise St win hurts power conferences in the future

Difference is they played a overrated Pitt team . . . Boise beat a powerhouse Oklahoma team . . . . big difference. Factor in that this is the 2nd time in 3 years this has happened . . . it means more now.

OU was NOT a powerhouse this year. Yeah they've been pretty successful in recent years but they are not even a top 5 team this year. Not saying that Pitt was 2 years ago, I just don't see a difference between the two teams(Utah and BSU).

OU was NOT a powerhouse this year. Yeah they've been pretty successful in recent years but they are not even a top 5 team this year. Not saying that Pitt was 2 years ago, I just don't see a difference between the two teams(Utah and BSU).

Utah was alot better and had more talent. Plus they beat Pitt alot worse than Boise State beat OK. Ok has a good running game, But Thompson is not a top Qb and he has hurt OK at times this year.

Fresno and BSU to PAC-12

Then they can have a championship game.

Geographically, that makes sense, but it will never happen because those schools don't measure up to the Pac-10's standards academically. If Gonzaga had a football team, they would be a great candidate, and BYU is often mentioned as well, although realistically, it will never happen (at least not in the forseeable future). The Pac-10 is very happy with the way things are currently, except for the yearly BCS shafting.

Geographically, that makes sense, but it will never happen because those schools don't measure up to the Pac-10's standards academically. If Gonzaga had a football team, they would be a great candidate, and BYU is often mentioned as well, although realistically, it will never happen (at least not in the forseeable future). The Pac-10 is very happy with the way things are currently, except for the yearly BCS shafting.

Would you care to expound on how they don't "measure up" academically?

No...I wouldn't. I am stating the reasons that Tom Hansen and other Pac-10 officials have given for not liking Fresno State and Boise State as possible candidates for pac-10 expansion. If you have an issue, it is with them, not me. I have heard "range of academics" mentioned in reference to Boise St. if that makes you feel better. My impression is that currently, they are just not a big-time school, and the Pac-10 only wants schools that add something to the conference academically as well as athletically. BYU and Utah are more appealing schools on that level, as would Gonzaga be, if they had a football team.

I have a question for you though...how do people in Boise view Pokey Allen? We loved him when he was the Portland State coach, and he gets a lot of the credit for moving PSU up to Division 1-AA.

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind that statement. How has the Pac-10 ever been shafted by the BCS?

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind that statement. How has the Pac-10 ever been shafted by the BCS?
Probably referring to Cal in '04. It's funny that they're so happy. I know USC and Pete Carroll are happy with their annual free BCS lunch.

of all the games in this post season, the BS-okee game is the one I regret the most getting a recording... don't ever buy bargain dvd's..they aren't.

of all the games in this post season, the BS-okee game is the one I regret the most getting a recording... don't ever buy bargain dvd's..they aren't.
I keep checking ESPN classic, but I haven't seen it there yet. Maybe you can find a listing for it there and record it later?

I keep checking ESPN classic, but I haven't seen it there yet. Maybe you can find a listing for it there and record it later?

my only hope is they play it late at night... however, I cannot find any listings for the actual games...

my only hope is they play it late at night... however, I cannot find any listings for the actual games...

On Fox Sports Net (Ohio), it is being replayed at 7:30 one of these upcoming days. I don't know if it is only the Ohio section that is doing that, but I thought I'd let you know.

On Fox Sports Net (Ohio), it is being replayed at 7:30 one of these upcoming days. I don't know if it is only the Ohio section that is doing that, but I thought I'd let you know.

thanks stitches, I just wasted a bunch of time trying to figure out the FSNF schedule, maybe I'll give it another go later

Back
Top Bottom