Boise St win hurts power conferences in the future | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boise St win hurts power conferences in the future

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
And the "STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE" factor. It really does. Last nights game was ground-breaking on many levels and could be the start of a new era in college football.

It shows that these teams that run the table in a lesser conference with a bad SOS can play with the big boys and WIN!!!!!!

The next time you have 2 teams fighting for 1 spot; SOS might not come into play as much or at all. Team with the best record might get the opportunity to play. No more, a 1-loss team from a power conference is better lets reward them. Those days might be coming to an end.

Playoffs are the only way to solve this!

That's not gonna happen anytime soon.

But say next year Rutgers (who plays nobody) runs the table..........they will be in that final game with a garbage Strength of Schedule!!!

That's not gonna happen anytime soon.

But say next year Rutgers (who plays nobody) runs the table..........they will be in that final game with a garbage Strength of Schedule!!!

Rutgers will have to play South Florida. Louiville, and West Virginia and those are pretty good teams

I disagree, Utah was even more impressive 2 years ago and it didn't change much. If Boise St. had beat a top 5 team last night things could definitely change, but SOS will ALWAYS be on the mind of the human voters.

I disagree, Utah was even more impressive 2 years ago and it didn't change much. If Boise St. had beat a top 5 team last night things could definitely change, but SOS will ALWAYS be on the mind of the human voters.

But Utah beat Pitt and Pitt is from the BE and most didn't think Pitt deserved to be there.

Boise beat Oklahoma!!!!! Big 12. And its OKLAHOMA a team that has played for the national title like 3 times this decade already!!!!!

SOS will be in hte mind, but not play a huge factor. I see that changing

Rutgers will have to play South Florida. Louiville, and West Virginia and those are pretty good teams

Great. Like I said they play 3 semi-tough in conference games and nobody out of conference except for Maryland.

Yep, thats all that is too it. Strenth of Schedule will always factor in. But last night clearly proved that some kind of playoff system NEEDS to happen. I mean Boise just came off of a huge win against Oklahoma, now they are gonna go in to face UF for a chance to be in the National Championship game . . . it would be monumental.

As long as there is the BCS, teams like Boise wont be in a National Championship game unless all the top teams have 2+ losses . . . meaning they CANT control their own destiny, and that ain't right.

utah ran the table and did this a few years ago....it didnt exactly hurt the power conferences then

So, now if for some god forsaken reason UF beats Ohio State, doesnt BSU become the nation champs?? Since they would be the only unbeaten team in the country???

utah ran the table and did this a few years ago....it didnt exactly hurt the power conferences then

Difference is they played a overrated Pitt team . . . Boise beat a powerhouse Oklahoma team . . . . big difference. Factor in that this is the 2nd time in 3 years this has happened . . . it means more now.

I think each conference should be required to have a conference championship game. In some cases, a BCS conference might need to add a team or two. (PAC 10 & Big 10(11)).
Also, I like the BCS formula and don't think a playoff solves the problem. I don't think a non-BCS conference team should be given an equal slate as a team from a power conference...in that case, what is the point in playing in an extremely hard conference? I think you should benefit from that.
The perennial powerhouses in small conferences should be encouraged to schedule harder out of conference teams, to break the stereotype. Either that or hope their conference becomes stronger.
That's the only solution I see to the scenario some Boise fans feel they're unjustly in.

I think each conference should be required to have a conference championship game. In some cases, a BCS conference might need to add a team or two. (PAC 10 & Big 10(11)).
Also, I like the BCS formula and don't think a playoff solves the problem. I don't think a non-BCS conference team should be given an equal slate as a team from a power conference...in that case, what is the point in playing in an extremely hard conference? I think you should benefit from that.
The perennial powerhouses in small conferences should be encouraged to schedule harder out of conference teams, to break the stereotype. Either that or hope their conference becomes stronger.
That's the only solution I see to the scenario some Boise fans feel they're unjustly in.

Boise st. should move to the PAC 10.

Fresno and BSU to PAC-12

Then they can have a championship game.

Back
Top Bottom