Boise State vs. Virginia Tech Predictions | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boise State vs. Virginia Tech Predictions

JC...my brother...we'll work it out,need your Canes to take care of Ohio State.

Very concerned with this game man. Very concerned. We have A LOT of questions. I seen several things Thursday night that I didn't like at all. We have some serious matchup problems with Ohio State.

My biggest concern, as always, is coaching. Seantrel Henderson needs to play NOW but won't play enough on Saturday. We have to keep J12 upright and allow him time to find the open man because the Ohio State secondary cannot match speed with our wideouts. Kylan Robinson has about as much business on the field of play as I do. Our linebackers are a HUGE hole. McCarthy and Spence are both undersized at their positions and we have nothing to put in place of Robinson outside of Ramon Buchanon.

We have to contain Terrelle Pryor. I seen FAMU's QB scramble several times Thursday night and it scared me. I haven't had a chance to sit down with the film from Thursday as I just got back from Miami late tonight...flying into Cleveland Friday morning for the Ohio State game on Saturday...not sure if I'll have time to even look at the tape.

you guys can call me crazy but in a bcs game teams do not want to face boise...they do so many unorthodox things etc that if you give that team and head coach a month to prepare you may well end up getting your *** handed to you...

you guys can call me crazy but in a bcs game teams do not want to face boise...they do so many unorthodox things etc that if you give that team and head coach a month to prepare you may well end up getting your *** handed to you...

Exactly. And it's coaching like that which helps me make A LOT of money in the first week of college football. I flat ROBBED the bookie a few years ago when Alabama and Clemson played in the opener. Alabama +7 and I get Nick Saban against Tommy Bowden lololololol. As crazy as it sounds, Les Miles is another one you can cash in on. LUCKILY for me, I got the LSU - North Carolina game when it first opened at LSU -4.5. Had I waited and got it at LSU -9 I would have lost my *** because I bet heavy on that game.

I also took Utah over that scrub *** Dave Wannstedt outright on Saturday.

Exactly. And it's coaching like that which helps me make A LOT of money in the first week of college football. I flat ROBBED the bookie a few years ago when Alabama and Clemson played in the opener. Alabama +7 and I get Nick Saban against Tommy Bowden lololololol. As crazy as it sounds, Les Miles is another one you can cash in on. LUCKILY for me, I got the LSU - North Carolina game when it first opened at LSU -4.5. Had I waited and got it at LSU -9 I would have lost my *** because I bet heavy on that game.

I also took Utah over that scrub *** Dave Wannstedt outright on Saturday.

you can't go wrong betting against dave wannstedt...i don't know how that guy can coach pee wee let alone d1

i don't know the line penn st vs bama but if i'm betting my chips are all in with bama...all in

I'm with Namor, neither of these teams impressed me... they both have weaknesses...

Congrats to the Boise fan... good team, well coached, etc...

NOW.. Just imagine having to play a game of this magnitude, this taxing, this brutal, this much of a tester half a dozen times a year... because that's what it's like to play in a major BCS conference... and that's without even factoring in the conference championship game (which the WAC never had) and a bowl game...

I think that's what Boise fans that whine about not getting the respect they deserve just don't understand.... This game was Boise's season... it was virtually a one game season (other than Oregon St.)... then they get to play a bunch of teams in the WAC like San Jose St. every week that Bama just beat 48-3 with backups and 3rd stringers...

I knew if VT let it get into a shootout that it favored Boise St.... Looking back, VT can say they lost this game in the 1st quarter by letting Boise get up 17-0.... VT outscored 'em 30-9 over the next 2 quarters....

Again, that's the problem you run into when playing these teams who only have to get up for one or two games a year...

I think they're both top 10 teams... but neither is top 3... VT is going to have issues if their offensive line keeps getting whipped like that all year... Tyrod Taylor is pretty good when he has time to improvise, but if you get pressure on him with your front 4 he can't handle it... he holds the football too long..

Incredible game to watch though... this is what college football is all about... It blows the NFL away in my opinion...

Kellen Moore is a nice little system quarterback, but he ain't an NFL prospect... a late rounder who might fit in a WCO..

He can't push the ball down the field consistently and he's not quite as accurate as you think when you get into the details... things like ball placement and leading receivers...

Ryan Williams is going to be quite an NFL prospect at RB soon.. but I don't think he's NFL ready just yet. I think people tend to forget that he's still 1 game past being a redshirt freshman. He's not in Mark Ingram's category yet as far as being NFL ready... Williams legs tend to go dead on contact in certain instances, you won't ever see that out of Ingram. Williams needs to continue to get stronger in his lower body and run with better balance, and he will as he matures and gets stronger.

Certainly not a top 10 pick... borderline 1st rounder based on upside who probably still needs to go ahead and stay for his junior season... his slight deficiencies are only going to be multiplied X10 at the NFL level right now and most likely wouldn't even start for a season or so...

The best two NFL prospects on the field in the game were Jarrett Boykin and Austin Pettis... Boykin is so incredibly talented, he just needs to work on catching the football EVERY time (as does Julio)... Austin Pettis is one of the best route runners in college football, but his ceiling is as a #2 WR in the NFL... very nice player..

i fell asleep in the beginning of the third quarter. also not impressed with either team. very impressed with moore (as a college QB) and peterson, however. that coach knew exactly what beamer was gonna do and game planned perfectly to stop it. it was clear va tech had the superior talent - i'll need to catch the 2nd half and see what happened.

va tech lost that game in the first half, for sure. kept doing the same **** that wasn't working. just stupidity and arrogance on his part. boise deserved this one.

gonna be pulling for oregon st hard. really don't want to see and legitimate team get screwed. fugg you BCS.

So give your power rankings after week 1... How would everyone rank the top 10 teams? Not how you think they'll rank in the AP, but how YOU would rank them based on this weekend...

So give your power rankings after week 1... How would everyone rank the top 10 teams? Not how you think they'll rank in the AP, but how YOU would rank them based on this weekend...

absolutely not. :lol:

I'll do it for you then Bob....:lol:

1. Alabama

2. Ohio St.

3. Iowa

4. USC

5. Boise St.

6. Nebraska

7. Virginia Tech

8. Texas

9. Florida St.

10. Florida

That's how I would have 'em...

okay i'll play. not cool.

1. alabama

2. ohio st

3. oregon

4. nebraska

5. iowa

6. FSU

7. TCU

8. auburn

9. wisconsin

10. texas

based on the weekend at least ...

You really like Auburn don't you Bob? That's a lot of points to give up to Arkansas St.... turned the football over too many times for my taste.

Oregon ran the score up on a high school team... I'm not sold yet.

Don't think USC is a top 10 team, eh? Interesting...

It was hard for me to put Texas in the top 10, they took forever to get going against an overmatched Rice team... but they're a good team, and there's really nobody worthy of replacing them.

Florida will get it going, they'll get the snap issues worked out one way or the other...

I knew you folks wouldn't give BSU the respect deserved even after this game. Even though the lot of you said you would.

No big whoop. Haters gonna hate.

i was just impressed that auburn had an offense. they always have a D. they got a chance this year man.

they all ran the scores up on high school teams. oregon just did it the best.

i hate USC and they let hawaii put up a bunch of points. can't judge it all based on barkley. that D does not impress me - especially the secondary.

texas looked like ****. almost as bad as florida.

as far as UF - they looked horrible against a 1-11 team. worst offensive outing i've ever seen from them (and i remember the zook years). i have no doubt urban will whip that offense into shape but i was following the rules you laid out - my top 10 teams based on the weekend. UF has no place on that list based on the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom