Boise State vs. Virginia Tech Predictions | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boise State vs. Virginia Tech Predictions

I knew you folks wouldn't give BSU the respect deserved even after this game. Even though the lot of you said you would.

No big whoop. Haters gonna hate.

it's not that. mad props coaching circles around a talented va tech team. you made beamer look like a doofus in the first half. my problem is if boise runs the table they get a shot at the title. granted, you have 1 more tough game this year than usual - two - but still. do people want to see a team get a title shot that doesn't play an actual schedule? i don't think so man.

God forbid UF wins every game but bama, or vice versa. you're gonna tell me that an undefeated boise team is more deserving that a 1 loss UF team? just look at the schedules.

it's not that i don't root for boise - i do. i just hate that they got ranked 3 b/c now someone more deserving will get screwed. squeaking by 1 (or 2) good teams a year doesn't do it for me. it's the BCS man - it's the worst. college football needs playoffs. i hate these conversations - b/c it's not at all i slight against boise - trust me.

it's not that. mad props coaching circles around a talented va tech team. you made beamer look like a doofus in the first half. my problem is if boise runs the table they get a shot at the title. granted, you have 1 more tough game this year than usual - two - but still. do people want to see a team get a title shot that doesn't play an actual schedule? i don't think so man.

God forbid UF wins every game but bama, or vice versa. you're gonna tell me that an undefeated boise team is more deserving that a 1 loss UF team? just look at the schedules.

it's not that i don't root for boise - i do. i just hate that they got ranked 3 b/c now someone more deserving will get screwed. squeaking by 1 (or 2) good teams a year doesn't do it for me. it's the BCS man - it's the worst. college football needs playoffs. i hate these conversations - b/c it's not at all i slight against boise - trust me.

Your fave teams made this system...

Boise has been against it from the beginning. Now that BSU has the advantage through your F'd up system, now the big schools want to whine.

Give us a playoff.

Boise has been against it from the beginning. Now that BSU has the advantage through your F'd up system, now the big schools want to whine.

Give us a playoff.

pretty much man. :lol:

Boise barely scraped by the best opponent they'll face all season.... Do they deserve respect? Absolutely..

Do they deserve to be shoved in the title game already like everyone is trying to do? Absolutely not...

I'm all for the playoff... always have been... Problem is, even in that scenario there's going to be teams with 2 losses that deserve a playoff spot over ANY team (even if they are in a BCS conference) that's going undefeated with Boise's schedule...

Ohio St. could lose to Miami next week and run the table the rest of the way and it's going to be more impressive than squeaking by VT and then running off a series of W's against the WAC and a Pac-10 team with 1 loss already...

Bama could spot Boise 14 points and I'd still take Bama...and I'm dead serious. Virginia Tech spotted them 17 and still should've won the game..

When you guys leave the WAC for the MWC, I want Bama to take Boise's spot in the WAC.. Fill out our OOC schedule with VT, Clemson, etc. and some ranked team from Oregon and.. BAM!! We deserve a shot in the title game baby...

Give us a playoff.

Boise doesn't have the advantage... how many NC games have they played in?

SEC fans wouldn't want a free ride to the title game... The point is they want the team that they're going to play in it to deserve to be there also...

Blah blah blah Ted Slimm...

You were one of those who said that this game would prove or disprove BSU. Now that's not the case. What do you need?

Would you like a big conference to invite BSU? I'm sure they want the same.

HA I just had a thought.

What was Ole Miss's best ranking last year?

Oh boy that conference play sure could grant them a BCS bowl, and that's for real! What a joke.

Blah blah blah Ted Slimm...

You were one of those who said that this game would prove or disprove BSU. Now that's not the case. What do you need?

Would you like a big conference to invite BSU? I'm sure they want the same.

I honestly meant that when I said it too... But I can't honestly with good conscience say that Boise St. was the better team tonight Rafiki...

Boise has my respect, you can believe that... they can play some football and are well coached. I just don't think they could pull out a game like tonight against that quality of an opponent 4-5 weeks in a row...

I'm all for a playoff... but if I was a Boise fan I wouldn't expect the college football world to dump the entire system and turn everything upside down just for little ol' me...

The only thing that's going to change the system is this.... IF the BCS somehow puts Boise in the title game this year with that schedule over a 1 loss BCS team... then you'll get your wish eventually.. because there will be enough of an uproar..

Look on the bright side, Boise has the easiest path to the title game from this day forward... Everybody else still has PLENTY of loseable games ahead...

Boise doesn't have the advantage... how many NC games have they played in?

SEC fans wouldn't want a free ride to the title game... The point is they want the team that they're going to play in it to deserve to be there also...

they have the advantage b/c of their preseason ranking and schedule. huge advantage. if they squeak by oregon st. (likely), they'll blow out every other opponent by 30 points. that's the thing i don't like. preseason rank them like 7 or 8 - that way they don't get in over more deserving teams. at 3 they're not going anywhere if they run the table. alabama and ohio st have to do the same in this scenario. not a fan.

they have the advantage b/c of their preseason ranking and schedule. huge advantage. if they squeak by oregon st. (likely), they'll blow out every other opponent by 30 points. that's the thing i don't like. preseason rank them like 7 or 8 - that way they don't get in over more deserving teams. at 3 they're not going anywhere if they run the table. alabama and ohio st have to do the same in this scenario. not a fan.

Don't count on it... The computers had undefeated Boise ranked the same as 10-3 Oregon last year... If Bama or Ohio St. slips up and loses 1 game... Boise is not a shoe in to go to the title game if they finish unbeaten...

The media hype might persuade some of media voters, but the computers won't be affected by it... SOS is still going to win out in the end... If any non-AQ team had a legitimate beef with being left out of the national championship game last year, it was TCU because of the schedule they faced... not Boise...

But the BCS was clever, matching those two up in a BCS bowl game to avoid conflict...

Here's the problem with a playoff if you're Florida, Alabama, etc....

Why stay in the SEC and get pulvarized every week if there's a playoff at the end anyway? When teams like Boise are going to play cupcake schedules and get in the playoff at the end anyway and have a shot at the title?

**** that!! Florida or Bama would be better off to leave the SEC, become an independent, play a soft schedule equal to Boise's, and just wait for the playoffs to begin....:crazy:

But there's too much tradition at stake... too many rivalries.. Like I said, SEC fans don't WANT an easy road to the title game, they just want whoever the two teams are in it to have EARNED their way there...

You don't have a playoff and blow the whole thing up to accomodate ONE team who just feels they're being disrespected... No sir..

If you have a playoff, it should be to accomodate the teams in BCS conferences who have to run the gauntlet every year and may end up with 1 or 2 losses... while teams like Boise are getting all fired up for a 2 game season and receiving the same benefits...

Boise has no ****ing CLUE what it's like to have to lay your season on the line EVERY Saturday....

Don't count on it... The computers had undefeated Boise ranked the same as 10-3 Oregon last year... If Bama or Ohio St. slips up and loses 1 game... Boise is not a shoe in to go to the title game if they finish unbeaten...

The media hype might persuade some of media voters, but the computers won't be affected by it... SOS is still going to win out in the end... If any non-AQ team had a legitimate beef with being left out of the national championship game last year, it was TCU because of the schedule they faced... not Boise...

But the BCS was clever, matching those two up in a BCS bowl game to avoid conflict...

Here's the problem with a playoff if you're Florida, Alabama, etc....

Why stay in the SEC and get pulvarized every week if there's a playoff at the end anyway? When teams like Boise are going to play cupcake schedules and get in the playoff at the end anyway and have a shot at the title?

**** that!! Florida or Bama would be better off to leave the SEC, become an independent, play a soft schedule equal to Boise's, and just wait for the playoffs to begin....:crazy:

But there's too much tradition at stake... too many rivalries.. Like I said, SEC fans don't WANT an easy road to the title game, they just want whoever the two teams are in it to have EARNED their way there...

You don't have a playoff and blow the whole thing up to accomodate ONE team who just feels they're being disrespected... No sir..

If you have a playoff, it should be to accomodate the teams in BCS conferences who have to run the gauntlet every year and may end up with 1 or 2 losses... while teams like Boise are getting all fired up for a 2 game season and receiving the same benefits...

if they've got the backing to be preseason #3 i don't see them being left out after they go undefeated. not this time. people would freak and call the whole ranking pointless ... which it would be if boise got left out. why even rank them 3 in the beginning if you're gonna keep them out in the end? makes no sense. not to mention the style points they'll be racking up when they're butt spelunking wyoming by 30 points.

you're right about the SEC playoff thing but that goes both ways. by having such a hard road until the playoffs the SEC would be more battle tested and ready to go than anyone - unless they've suffered a bunch of injuries along the way. i'd rather face the tough schedule until crunch time - i'd know exactly where my team is at, what they're capable of, and how to beat the potential threats.

the independents would be at a huge disadvantage b/c that's 3,4,or 5 games in a row they have to game plan and show up for in a row. who knows if they'd be up for the challenge. not them.

i'd want UF and bama to stay right where they're at. we've got the depth to withstand an injury or two. and i want that tradition intact regardless.

hell, even if we would be at a disadvantage - i still say let them have their cake. we've got the best talent in the country in the southeast - let us battle it out to see who's the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Virginia Tech is the better team. I doubt there's one guy on Boise State's team who would start for the Hokies. Maybe Pettis...perhaps Kellen Moore. But I did bet the Broncos tonight because with months of preparation and everything on the line in ONE game, you don't want to play Boise State. But there's no way they'd survive in the SEC. You could see how the physical style of Virginia Tech was beginning to take its toll on Boise State in the second quarter. Imagine that every week in the SEC or Big 10 where teams line up and play smash mouth football. Boise just doesn't have the athletes to compete on that level week in and week out. They just don't.

I'm sorry but Boise State just doesn't belong until they can get into a major conference somehow. But I can't even see that happening. It just doesn't make a lot of sense for the PAC 10 to go out and get Boise State. Boise doesn't really bring a lot to a major conference. That's not a knock on Boise State it's just the truth. They're not bringing in a major television market which is VERY important and their airport is garbage. And even if they run the table and they probably will, they shouldn't get in over a one loss SEC or Big 10 school.

yup. it is what it is. i'm just glad i'm not a hardcore boise fan b/c i'd be pulling my hair out every damn year. a playoff system would have its kinks - especially at first - but at least deserving teams wouldn't be bent over on an annual basis.

To straight hell with a playoff system. Leave it how it is. Maybe add a plus one but that's as far as I go with that. I don't want my college football watered down. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom