Bolts act fast in coaching search, interview Singletary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bolts act fast in coaching search, interview Singletary

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
clear.gif

In the last 14 months, Mike Singletary has interviewed for the head-coaching jobs with Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit and now San Diego.

The San Diego Chargers began their coaching search so quickly that the first candidate to be interviewed ran into the guy he hopes to replace.

Hall of Fame linebacker Mike Singletary met with team executives Wednesday, less than 48 hours after Marty Schottenheimer was fired.
The former Chicago Bears great said he crossed paths with Schottenheimer, who was still cleaning out his office.

"I saw him and said hello," Singletary said.

Singletary, interviewing for a head coaching job for the third time since early January, thinks he's ready to move up after four seasons as an assistant.
"There's no doubt in my mind," Singletary said after emerging from his interview. "Absolutely."

Schottenheimer was fired Monday by Chargers president Dean Spanos, who said there was a "dysfunctional situation" between the coach and general manager A.J. Smith. San Diego was an NFL-best 14-2 last season before falling apart in its playoff opener, a 24-21 loss to New England.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/02/14/singletary.interview.ap/index.html

i still question why we never interviewed him for our head coaching position. not that having cam is bad or anything, but i called for at least an interview with him when our search first started.

They better act fast..its like a week from FA and scouting and they dont have an Off. Cord, Def. Cord. or head coach.

great players don't make great coaches look at Wayne Gretsky and Joe Morgan and Tony Perez and Pete Rose and many others.

That would be a great hire for the Bolts. Merriman would explode under Singletary.

great players don't make great coaches look at Wayne Gretsky and Joe Morgan and Tony Perez and Pete Rose and many others.
Thats not exactly true with Football, other sports yes, but there are quite a few great coaches that were pretty good players. Ditka is the main one that comes to mind.

Singletary deserves a HC job. He's an inspirational motivator kind of coach. He obviously knows his Xs and Os according to his days with the Chicago Bears but I do think that the Chargers would be really good off with him as coach.

Don't see a team that was 14-2 last year hiring a brand spanking new head coach. The pieces are all there to win now so going with an experienced head coach is probably the best bet.

:lol: @ crossing paths with Schott. Can you say awkward moment?

HysterikiLL said:
:lol: @ crossing paths with Schott. Can you say awkward moment?

Well, if it came down to pure fisticuffs my money would of course be on Mike, but I have a gut feeling Marty might just be a biter...:shakeno:

The Chargers better act fast with free agency, the combines and draft coming up.

They better act fast..its like a week from FA and scouting and they dont have an Off. Cord, Def. Cord. or head coach.

They have an Off. Cord. already. They promoted Clarence Shelmon. He was their running backs coach the past 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom