Booker good fit in new offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker good fit in new offense

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Dolphins | Defining Booker's Fit - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 15 May 2005 13:37:12 -0700

Jason Cole, reports for the Sporting News, Miami Dolphins WR Marty Booker should be an interesting fit in offensive coordinator Scott Linehan's new offense. Booker is a really good run-after-the-catch receiver who is best when getting the ball on the move. While Linehan's offense puts a premium on the deep ball, Booker could become the guy who runs the drag routes underneath the coverage as the outlet wide receiver.

Interesting. This will require AJ (or Gus) to be accurate with a moving target. That was always one of Fiedlers weaknesses (among many).....receivers would have to stop, jump, or dive to catch his passes, even on the short or intermediate routes. AJ hit a couple receivers in stride last season so I know he can do it. The question is, can he do it consistantly.

Any news like this is good news. I was hoping Booker would make more of an impact.

I am glad to see that Booker will be a good fit. So would Chambers be like Moss was in Minny?

I'm hoping Marty Booker will be a good fit in our new offense. Our Wide Receivers have to step up BIG time and that's going to mean especially Chris Chambers and Marty Booker. Randy McMichael, while he has not been consistent, has put up good numbers. If Booker is going to be, being covered by #2 corners... he's definitely going to have to step up this season if we plan to execute an effective passing attack regardless of who our QB is. Also that 3rd WR is still up in there... whomever that may be will also have to step up whether it is Thompson, Boston, Hakim.. etc. etc. It would be great if it was Boston and than I think we would have a GREAT passing attack with Chambers, McMichael, Booker, Boston, and I would also want Thompson to be #4. I also would like to keep Gilmore and he would be #5. Not only would we have good quality WR corps, we'd also have a lot DEPTH at WR. It's really great to hear that Booker will be a good fit in Linehan's offense, but EVERYONE is going to have to step up big time.

I'd definitely want to have 2 playmaking WRs, and two possession WRs. That means that Boston needs to be signed. Gilmore or Thompson will battle it out for the 4th spot and one will then be cut. Davis can take the fifth spot and Welker the sixth, just by name.

Davis has no chance of making this team unless he gets tougher and becomes willing to go over the middle because he doesn't have the size and speed to be a deep threat.

I really fail to see the excitement of over an UDFA WR who has average speed and slightly above average hands.

He has very good quickness and he doesn't have average speed, it's a bit better than that. He knows how to get open. Better reason to get excited about him than J.R. Tolver a couple years back.

Jaj said:
I'd definitely want to have 2 playmaking WRs, and two possession WRs. That means that Boston needs to be signed. Gilmore or Thompson will battle it out for the 4th spot and one will then be cut. Davis can take the fifth spot and Welker the sixth, just by name.

add to this the very real threat of Ronnie Brown in the slot :cooldude:

Jaj said:
I feel that Thompson would make a pretty good 4th WR for us and that he will be able to take advantage of 4th string CB's. For the 5th spot, I wasn't sure. I was thinking we could keep Gilmore there, but if Josh Davis is good enough to make the team.. It wouldn't be a bad fit at all. I'm just hoping that we are able to sign Boston and that he can stay healthy and out of trouble.

painnotpleasure said:
I feel that Thompson would make a pretty good 4th WR for us and that he will be able to take advantage of 4th string CB's. For the 5th spot, I wasn't sure. I was thinking we could keep Gilmore there, but if Josh Davis is good enough to make the team.. It wouldn't be a bad fit at all. I'm just hoping that we are able to sign Boston and that he can stay healthy and out of trouble.

If Boston had played this year he probably would have had atleast Chris Chambers numbers. I wonder who Ogunleye would have been dealt for :confused:

Well i guess i will ask again, will Chmabers be like Moss was back in Minny?

Jaj said:
I agree with you, what about Kendall Newsom? still with us? he was pretty good in preseason, before got injured.

PhinDude88 said:
Well i guess i will ask again, will Chmabers be like Moss was back in Minny?

Yes he gets that role, but expect Miami's offense to be different than Minnesota's in 04.

Back
Top Bottom