Boom, Bust and Breakout Dolphin for 2020? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boom, Bust and Breakout Dolphin for 2020?

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just a fun little thread to get some football conversation going on. Name 1 player for each category that you think will fit that label. So for example 2019 Boom: Devante Parker, Bust: Charles Harris, and Breakout: Mike Gesicki. My 2020 predictions Boom: Xavien Howard (I think he could replicate his season from 2 years ago, playing across from Byron Jones should give him plenty of opportunities to be a ballhawk and challenge for NFL interception leader), Bust: Ereck Flowers (this one is the toughest for me, I think Flowers will be an upgrade but don’t think he will live up to 10 mill per year contract which is why i chose him) Breakout: Preston Williams (He showed flashes last season before injury, with Devante Parker establishing himself as a bonafide number 1 if he can draw more coverage it will allow Williams even more opportunities in 1 on 1 situations where his size and catch radius will allow him to dominate)

Boom: Preston Williams - follows up a rookie season that showed flashes of what he can be if he stays healthy and has his head on straight
Bust: Jakeem Grant - still can't live up to his contract and the team moves on and gives some younger guys on the depth chart a shot with the return duties
Breakout: Raekwon McMillan - finally has a supporting cast and the coaching staff that will allow him to play to his potential

Great thread first of all....

Boom: This is a hard one; easy to go with receiver, but again going a bit off script and saying Tua. Strongly believe he will win the job way faster than people think. Not losing time as he would have if the schedule was normal, gets equal footing with rookies all over the league. And he will show he is the guy for 12-15 years.

Bust: Vince Beigel a good solid depth player but with Baker and McMillian covering the middle and Van Noy AVG who flashed last year and the addition of Lawson and Ogbah who both can stand up and rush as well he just fizzles out of reps and ends up as a guy who takes minimal snaps

Breakout: Going rouge a bit and will say Robert Hunt. Feel like he ends up at guard to start and straight up mauls from day one. Might end up at RT but kid will be knocking heads all year

Not to start an argument, but Grant is going to earn $4.3 million dollars in 2020. That's 48th in the league at his position...and he's 27. He might very well bust, but it's not like he's an old vet with a huge albatross of a contract.

Boom: Jordan Howard. We finally got a guy that can run between the tackles and get us the tough yardage.

Breakout: Michael Dieter. He has been doing alot of extra curricular work and will be ready to maul this year.

I refuse to pick a Bust.

I'm going all in on this. If you're a realist and feel you need to bring me down to earth, feel free to pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow lol. My optimism is a five alarm fire you can't put out with 100 fire trucks. My optimism is deeper than the Mariana Trench to a free diver. My optimism is more plentiful than the supply of bad songs on a Waffle House jukebox.

Boom: Preston. I think he's going to nuke this season from orbit and be the next Julio Jones. Breida is going to hornswoggle defenses with his speed and his Michael Jackson moves. Igby, X and Jones are going to savage wrs in a way we haven't seen since Surtain Madison and Marion. Qbs will cry themself to sleep because of them.

Bust. Ballage. He sucked harder last year than an imploding neutron star. Sad to see.

Breakout. Tua. This kid is going to do to defenses what a young Mike Tyson did to his opponents. He's been in our facility for two days and may have beaten out RF with his first protein drink fart. He's healthy, he's capable we'll unleash the beast this year. By next year, Jackson and Mahomes will be washing his car begging him for an autograph.

Bust: X. Howard. I think he will be "hurt" a lot and wont be on the field much again. should have traded him already.
Boom: Jordan Howard - a pleasant surprise and much needed running game.
Breakout: Josh Ros....:lmfao: but really Christian Wilkins is my breakout pick.

Boom: Ogbah, best pass rusher on the team and should be a big contributor if he stays healthy.

Bust: Fitzpatrick, tough call cause I love what he did last year; but, he’s a year older. Regression seems inevitable.

Breakout: Jerome Baker, last year was supposed to be the year for him. He has more help this year and I think he’ll be much more disruptive.

Boom: Jordan Howard, When healthy he's a perfect fit for a Chan Gailey style offense. I think Howard surprises with a Huge season for Miami. 2nd choice is Ogbah, he's underrated.

Breakout: Jerome Baker, he'll be in year two under Flores' defensive scheme. He began to flourish towards the middle part of the season, after a stellar preseason showing. Baker was making plays and should be better in year 2.

Bust: Flowers, not sure his surprising play at LG in Washington will last? He scares me. Hopefully he's finally come into his own as a player and continues to build on what he did in the last 8 games for Washington. I'm hopeful, but not confident. Time will tell.

Just a fun little thread to get some football conversation going on. Name 1 player for each category that you think will fit that label. So for example 2019 Boom: Devante Parker, Bust: Charles Harris, and Breakout: Mike Gesicki. My 2020 predictions Boom: Xavien Howard (I think he could replicate his season from 2 years ago, playing across from Byron Jones should give him plenty of opportunities to be a ballhawk and challenge for NFL interception leader), Bust: Ereck Flowers (this one is the toughest for me, I think Flowers will be an upgrade but don’t think he will live up to 10 mill per year contract which is why i chose him) Breakout: Preston Williams (He showed flashes last season before injury, with Devante Parker establishing himself as a bonafide number 1 if he can draw more coverage it will allow Williams even more opportunities in 1 on 1 situations where his size and catch radius will allow him to dominate)

OK, I'll guess, with a couple of parameters. 1) The player is a projected starter on legitimate competition to start. 2) Rookies can't "break out."

Boom - Davis. All the talent in the world
Bust - Grant. His speed doesn't make him a lock. If someone can return KO AND Punts, and is faster than DBs, AND has good hands, Grant is expendable. 2-3 guys on the team may be 'that guy.'
Breakout - I'm tempted to go with Needham, but he's behind X and Jones. Maybe Wilkins, but I have Davis as "boom." I'm going Baker. He has surrounding talent and SHOULD have a better DL to keep him clean. I also think he'll be disruptive in pass rush.

Boom: Mike Gesicki. He had a great end of the season under Flores and I think he carries that into 2020 and becomes a good offensive weapon.
Bust: Preston Williams. He showed flashes but I think too much was made of his limited production and he is here simply due to his lofty expectations by the fanbase. He won't be the #2 receiver on this roster in 2020.
Breakout: Christian Wilkins. He builds on a solid rookie year to become a monster in the middle of the D-line.

Back
Top Bottom