Boom, Bust and Breakout Dolphin for 2020? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boom, Bust and Breakout Dolphin for 2020?

look at the players scheduled to hit FA who have already proven capable

breida, wilson, godchaux. one of those should be boom. im going w breida as boom, wilson as breakout (he makes great plays but never had a top 10 season statistically) and i agree on flowers as bust

I concur, GREAT THREAD!

Boom: KARRAS - he bet on himself with a 1 year deal & he has been nothing but solid to this point. IMO, he will lead a much improved OL.
Bust: R. DAVIS - Hasn't he regressed his last 4 years?
Breakout: A. JACKSON - I'm one of the few I guess that believes not only will he be "serviceable" in 2020 but I see a young RICHMOND WEBB. He's 20! He's already big (#323 6'5") with excellent feet. Wait until he gains his "man strength". He's been thru hell already with his sister, the challenge of the NFL will not be too big for him IMO.

This thread should be a yearly offseason thread!

Boom: Mike Gesicki
Bust: Jakeem Grant
Breakout: Christian Wilkins

BOOM : TUA
BUST : TUA
BREAKOUT : TUA

I have solidified myself as both incorrect and correct in all scenarios moving forward. Building my sports talking head resume

Boom: Byron Jones - I think this year he ends up finally getting a bunch of interceptions
Bust: Bobby McCain - I think Brandon Jones will end up filling his position
Breakout: Preston Williams - He's a better fit for Tua than Devante, His lateral agility and ability to create separation quickly is exactly what Tua needs.

Just a fun little thread to get some football conversation going on. Name 1 player for each category that you think will fit that label. So for example 2019 Boom: Devante Parker, Bust: Charles Harris, and Breakout: Mike Gesicki. My 2020 predictions Boom: Xavien Howard (I think he could replicate his season from 2 years ago, playing across from Byron Jones should give him plenty of opportunities to be a ballhawk and challenge for NFL interception leader), Bust: Ereck Flowers (this one is the toughest for me, I think Flowers will be an upgrade but don’t think he will live up to 10 mill per year contract which is why i chose him) Breakout: Preston Williams (He showed flashes last season before injury, with Devante Parker establishing himself as a bonafide number 1 if he can draw more coverage it will allow Williams even more opportunities in 1 on 1 situations where his size and catch radius will allow him to dominate)

As much as I’m not rooting for this, but I feel Preston will be a bust this year. Still concerned about his injury and makeup. Fitz I can see as a bust, he’s an up and down player. I can see Breida as a Boom. He was already a good player who was underused

Boom: Xavien Howard
He is a ballhawk whom the entire NFL tried to throw away from last year. But, with Byron Jones on the other side, they'll be forced to throw almost exclusively at the nickel/dime defenders and risk being very predictable, throw at Jones and let their offense sputter into 3-and-outs, or challenge Howard and risk INT's. I'm going out on a limb and predicting that Howard has a banner year with 6 or 7 INT's as offenses cannot avoid him like last year.

Bust: Robert Hunt
Now he may eventually become a solid contributor, but these expectations that he'll be an instant-starter seem to me to be way off. The idea that he can make the jump from a run-only low level college offense to a starting NFL OT seem borderline crazy to me. We used to have an OL who was an athletic freak from a small school who never made the transition ... his name was Turner. If that name does not ring a bell ... that should tell you something about how hard it is to jump up to NFL competition from low level stuff where he dominated because he simply was physically superior to his competition by a wide margin. I think the expectations are simply far too high for him in 2020, and judging by that , I"m going to say he's a bust as far as 2020.

Breakout: Mike Gesicki
It takes TE's a while to adjust to the NFL. The position at this level is super-complex, whereas at the collegiate level it is very basic. Gesicki is a big target and a great seam threat and Fitzpatrick's confidence in him seemed to be growing throughout the season. IMHO, he's poised to make a breakthrough this year. If Tua ends up starting, all bets are off as we don't really know with whom he will have chemistry, but a good outlet TE and seam threat is always a good safety blanket for a rookie.

I concur, GREAT THREAD!

Boom: KARRAS - he bet on himself with a 1 year deal & he has been nothing but solid to this point. IMO, he will lead a much improved OL.
Bust: R. DAVIS - Hasn't he regressed his last 4 years?
Breakout: A. JACKSON - I'm one of the few I guess that believes not only will he be "serviceable" in 2020 but I see a young RICHMOND WEBB. He's 20! He's already big (#323 6'5") with excellent feet. Wait until he gains his "man strength". He's been thru hell already with his sister, the challenge of the NFL will not be too big for him IMO.
agreed on Jackson, reports are that he has picked up the system well and coaches are impressed.

Boom: Breida
Bust: Grant
Breakout: Weaver

Back
Top Bottom