Boomer, | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer,

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
Drop me an e-mail.

box1@pc.edu

We need to collaborate on a Dolphins Mock Draft for the site.

I signed up for the Draft Inner Circle stuff, since it was cheap. I must say that the talk is interesting about Cedric Benson.

Don't it always seem to workout this way. Most mocks project a certain player to the Dolphins 3-4 months before the draft ever starts, and they change as the rumors start swirling. Then, low and behold, the pick typically turns out to be that player they projected 3-4 months before the draft.

Remember last year in January when everyone and their mother was projecting Vernon Carey to Miami. Well, it happened.

KB21 said:
Drop me an e-mail.

box1@pc.edu

We need to collaborate on a Dolphins Mock Draft for the site.

I signed up for the Draft Inner Circle stuff, since it was cheap. I must say that the talk is interesting about Cedric Benson.

Don't it always seem to workout this way. Most mocks project a certain player to the Dolphins 3-4 months before the draft ever starts, and they change as the rumors start swirling. Then, low and behold, the pick typically turns out to be that player they projected 3-4 months before the draft.

Remember last year in January when everyone and their mother was projecting Vernon Carey to Miami. Well, it happened.

Will do mate. I'm hectic today - Monday - so I will do it tomorrow.

Top 2 as we stand now, if you believe the growing rumours - Smith to the 9ers and Benson to the Fins with Edwards to the Browns and Caddy to the Bears with Tampa taking Rodgers. IMVHO.

I'll add to that:

6. Titans - Mike Williams
7. Vikings - Troy Williamson
8. Cardinals - Ronnie Brown

I think the top 8 are close to being locked in at this point, though it wouldn't surprise me to see Mike Williams drop to the Redskins.

KB21 said:
I'll add to that:

6. Titans - Mike Williams
7. Vikings - Troy Williamson
8. Cardinals - Ronnie Brown

I think the top 8 are close to being locked in at this point, though it wouldn't surprise me to see Mike Williams drop to the Redskins.

Read on an insider board today that the Skins have been flying Williamson in for a workout and are getting very hot for him.

Boomer said:
Read on an insider board today that the Skins have been flying Williamson in for a workout and are getting very hot for him.

Great! So, they'll have Santana Moss and Williamson running go routes every pass play. I have no idea how they plan to complete any pass under 25 yards, but it'll be fun to watch.

BTW, if that looks like a shot at Boomer, it isn't. I'm perennially in awe of how many dumb moves the Redskins make. I fully expect them to trade Rod Gardner for a bag of chips.

phunwin said:
Great! So, they'll have Santana Moss and Williamson running go routes every pass play. I have no idea how they plan to complete any pass under 25 yards, but it'll be fun to watch.

BTW, if that looks like a shot at Boomer, it isn't. I'm perennially in awe of how many dumb moves the Redskins make. I fully expect them to trade Rod Gardner for a bag of chips.

AP is reporting that the Skins have traded Rod Gardner for a bag of Wheetos.

So close Phun, so close.

;)

I really really really hope we don't tab Benson at #2. I'd rather not draft him period. But especially not a at #2. I think I'd rather have the Cadillac. But neither of them at #2.

Muck said:
I really really really hope we don't tab Benson at #2. I'd rather not draft him period. But especially not a at #2. I think I'd rather have the Cadillac. But neither of them at #2.

:yeahthat:

Muck said:

Is that because of character or ability?

If it is character, then that is understandable, though I'm not close enough to the situation to know what really has gone on.

However, if it is ability, then I don't agree. Based on ability alone, I rated him as the #2 player in the entire draft in my rankings. When you watch him on film, he just jumps out at you with his explosion, ability to break tackles, and ability to cut in the open field.

IMO, he would have been the top runner in last year's draft as well. If you want a guy who can do what Ricky Williams did for this team on the field, then Cedric Benson is that guy.

KB21 said:

If it is character, then that is understandable, though I'm not close enough to the situation to know what really has gone on.

However, if it is ability, then I don't agree. Based on ability alone, I rated him as the #2 player in the entire draft in my rankings. When you watch him on film, he just jumps out at you with his explosion, ability to break tackles, and ability to cut in the open field.

IMO, he would have been the top runner in last year's draft as well. If you want a guy who can do what Ricky Williams did for this team on the field, then Cedric Benson is that guy.

See, that's the problem. I don't necessarily want another Ricky Williams. I want somebody with a bit more versatility, because I don't see us playing the "wad" gameplan that required a back like Ricky. That's why I'm more of a Ronnie Brown/Cadillac Williams fan. Of course, my real preference is still Alex Smith if we stay at #2. I'm all messed up inside! :cry:

DrAstroZoom said:
See, that's the problem. I don't necessarily want another Ricky Williams. I want somebody with a bit more versatility, because I don't see us playing the "wad" gameplan that required a back like Ricky. That's why I'm more of a Ronnie Brown/Cadillac Williams fan. Of course, my real preference is still Alex Smith if we stay at #2. I'm all messed up inside! :cry:

Benson had 69 receptions in his career at Texas, so I wouldn't say that he's just a wad ball running back.

Ricky Williams was actually used as more than just a runner. I think he caught at least 50 passes in each of his two seasons in Miami. The problem that existed with Ricky was that Dave expected him to carry the ball 400 times and then catch another 50-60.

KB21 said:

I think it's just a little bit of a lot of things that makes me uneasy about him. The fact that he's carried the ball alot, even more than record-breaking Ricky did, worries me. I'm afraid that he'll be another Eddie George and be washed up by age 28 or so.

He didn't seem to have good games against the top teams he faced like Ricky did. Nor is he on Ricky's level as a back and athlete. Maybe I'm just spoiled from that 2002 season. But Ricky came out a much higher prospect than Benson.

Character is also a concern. I don't know the guy from a sack of coal (that's me buying in. lol). But after being burned by previously by a flaky guy (albiet an unbalanced one), I'm treading lightly when that word gets thrown around again. On the other hand you have Brown and Caddy getting glowing praise for their personality, attitude and work ethic. Perhaps if we were getting good reports on Benson, I'd breathe a little easier. But his stock only seems to be dropping, whereas Brown and Williams' stock keeps climbing.

I feel like Benson is probably going to be a better back than Brown, who has all the measureables but isn't elusive and apparently lacks vision. I just want the draft to get here already so I can stop worrying about it. lol

I change my mind daily, but I have to say that I have just watched 2 old Auburn games and Carnell has some serious game. I think he'd be a stunning addition to this squad.

As would Mike Williams.

And Braylon.

And Ronnie Brown.....I'm so torn.

Back
Top Bottom