Boomer's Top 15 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Top 15

Nice board Boom, not much to argue with there.

I am one that is beginning to wonder if passing on Patrick Willis may be the type decision that harkens back to bypassing Ray Lewis for Daryl Gardener.

Not to say that Gardener wasn't a fine prospect or a very good player, but I think we can agree on which of those two will be enshrined in Canton one day.

I have this uneasy feeling Patrick Willis may end up being that good of a Pro.

Willis may be the safe selection...at 9. Hard to pass on a linebacker that runs 4.38....and Zack isn't getting any younger. I'd still like to see the Dolphins trade back and use their picks on Staley and Kalil....but thats a different story.

C'mon. I definitely can't agree with the Carr being a "win" situation?

Carr is Joey Harrington with a worst decision making ability. People here have nailed Culpepper to a cross about his "not making quick reads"...Carr is worst.

You can't blame Carr's sacks on his OL and Culpepper's on his slow reads. Carr obviously is a sack artist "and" interception artist because of his slow decision making.

I don't see OAK signing Carr. And I totally disagree with your "emotionally" based dislike for Russell.

Russell is the consensus top pick overall. Stop hatin Boom.

Jesus......it's like a car crash.

So can you explain why, if Harrington is a better decision maker, why Carr's career percentage rating is 4.5% better than Harringtons, why his QB rating is 7.4% better than Harringtons and why Carr's 3rd down completion percentage is 64.5% and Harringtons is 53.8%?

I suppose that passed you by?

I suppose you also forgot that Carr came in and had little talent around him, with only cursory refrains from Domanick Davis and one target in Andre Johnson, whereas Harrington had 1st round picks, nee franchise linemen in front of him, three 1st round pick wideouts and a 2nd round pick tailback and still couldn't perform like Carr. Same in Miami with 2 Pro Bowl receivers and the 2nd overall pick at TB and he struggled.

So in fact, you're talking rubbish.

Culpepper's issue was that in his previous years, he had the ability to choke down and creatv a play by moving the pocket and then releasing the ball. All of a sudden, his career trait, on show since he was at high school, had gone. Thus, he was going through the same progression he did in Minny, but when it came to choking down, the wheels weren't there.

And FLMAO @ "emotionally based" assessment on Russell. What a stupid thing to say. The assessment is based on the same standards as everyone elses - film study. He throws far too many stupid passes and you can confuse him with coverages. That's fact in college and it will be fact in the NFL.

And if he's the "consensus top pick overall", can you please tell me why, when polled on the basis of anonimity by Gil Brandt, did all 32 teams have Calvin Johnson as the consensus number one pick on all 32 boards?

And if a team with QB needs in the top 15 has Russell as a mid 2nd rounder, that would blow your stupid comment even further out of the water.

C'mon. I definitely can't agree with the Carr being a "win" situation?
So you think that drafting a QB with 75 career starts who had an horrific OL that got him hammered on almost every pass, to the point where he was being hit even before he could set up and then adding arguably the best prospect, regardless of position, in the past 15 years, is a worse choice than drafting a high risk QB with a lazy work ethic and bad decision making and then adding a Buster Davis to play WR in round 2.

You would be in a majority of 1.

I fully expect the Raiders to deal for either Byron Leftwich, Aaron Rodgers or sign David Carr, than take Russell.

You'll probably get your answer from Mike Mayock, Mel Kiper Jr, and all the other draft experts who have Quinn dropping.

You're much too high on Quinn. And you have Carriker over Adams?

Now I do agree with a lot of your assessments though. I definitely like Ginn Jr at #9. I do like Reggie Nelson and was surprised how so many experts don't have him in the top 15.

But as much as I like Willis. I definitely think you have him too high and no way we draft a LB at #9. No way in heaven, earth, or hell.

But I do like most of your stuff though Boom. Good job. And I do like that you went with "your" feelings and not just bandwagoning with all the other draft gurus.

So good job.

Quinn dropping? Where's that then?

And yes, Carriker over Adams. I'm sure you're itching to inform us all on your critiques of both, based on hours of tape breakdown, so the floor is yours.

:rolleyes2

Jesus......it's like a car crash.

So can you explain why, if Harrington is a better decision maker, why Carr's career percentage rating is 4.5% better than Harringtons, why his QB rating is 7.4% better than Harringtons and why Carr's 3rd down completion percentage is 64.5% and Harringtons is 53.8%?

I suppose that passed you by?

I suppose you also forgot that Carr came in and had little talent around him, with only cursory refrains from Domanick Davis and one target in Andre Johnson, whereas Harrington had 1st round pick, nee franchise linemen in front of him, three 1st round pick wideouts and a 2nd round pick tailback and still couldn't perform like Carr. Same in Miami with 2 Pro Bowl receivers and the 2nd overall pick at TB and he struggled.

So in fact, you're talking rubbish.

Culpepper's issue was that in his previous years, he had the ability to choke down and creatv a play by moving the pocket and then releasing the ball. All of a sudden, his career trait, on show since he was at high school, had gone. Thus, he was going through the same progression he did in Minny, but when it came to choking down, the wheels weren't there.

And FLMAO @ "emotionally based" assessment on Russell. What a stupid thing to say. The assessment is based on the same standards as everyone elses - film study. He throws far too many stupid passes and you can confuse him with coverages. That's fact in college and it will be fact in the NFL.

And if he's the "consensus top pick overall", can you please tell me why, when polled on the basis of anonimity by Gil Brandt, did all 32 teams have Calvin Johnson as the consensus number one pick on all 32 boards?

And if a team with QB needs in the top 15 has Russell as a mid 2nd rounder, that would blow your stupid comment even further out of the water.

I couldn't agree with you more Boomer. Russell is being over-hyped because he has a strong arm....but many see him as the same as Culpepper....strong arm...weak mind.
To be frank with you...I don't like either Russell or Quinn and I believe there's far more talent at QB in the mid rounds. What Carr did while playing with the Texans is scary...imagine if he had a real team supporting him...what could he do.

Boomer
Did you happen to see the highlight video on Brady Quinn that was posted on Youtube? I was already impressed by what I have seen and heard on Quinn but after seeing this video I am really impressed and wish there was someway the Phins could grab him.
Here is the link if you havent seen it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJgmeEH1lrE
Please take a look if you haven't already seen it.

I think I probably have seen it, but what it will show is a player with a good arm, with the ability make all the throws, who can put the deep ball on the outside shoulder away from the CB, who can hit the strike down the middle with touch and accuracy, who can move the pocket, make yards with his feet or throw on the run, who can lead his team and who will be a very good NFL QB.

So you think that drafting a QB with 75 career starts who had an horrific OL that got him hammered on almost every pass, to the point where he was being hit even before he could set up and then adding arguably the best prospect, regardless of position, in the past 15 years, is a worse choice than drafting a high risk QB with a lazy work ethic and bad decision making and then adding a Buster Davis to play WR in round 2.

You would be in a majority of 1.

I fully expect the Raiders to deal for either Byron Leftwich, Aaron Rodgers or sign David Carr, than take Russell.
Do you think the Browns will then take Russell instead of Quinn? God I hope so.

Boomer you never fail to impress. Great read again. I would not want to be the man to pick @ #9 if we had to chose between Willis and Ginn hehe. But man Ginn would be exciting to watch in a phins uniform.
Thanks.

Willis may be the safe selection...at 9. Hard to pass on a linebacker that runs 4.38....and Zack isn't getting any younger. I'd still like to see the Dolphins trade back and use their picks on Staley and Kalil....but thats a different story.

Now we're talking. I would love to see Willis at 9 if Landry is gone. Then Best OT available, then Satale with second pick of the third...Of course Drew Stanton in second if still available.

I couldn't agree with you more Boomer. Russell is being over-hyped because he has a strong arm....

What Carr did while playing with the Texans is scary...imagine if he had a real team supporting him...what could he do.

I agree with you on those 2 points Mr G.

I know that Miami are pretty high on Kevin Kolb and whilst he still has that funky little quirk to his delivery and the ball doesn't always come out in a hurry - I want to see more snap in his arm - he's strong armed, accurate and very mobile. And a great kid to boot.

Do you think the Browns will then take Russell instead of Quinn? God I hope so.

There's a chance. I mean, I think we all know the relationship between Russell and Phil Savage and that Randy Lerner has demanded a new QB. The question is, Savage and Crennel are on the edge of the precipice in terms of job safety. Can they afford to pick 3rd and bring in a Russell who might not contribute for 2 seasons, by which time they've been whacked?

I don't see the signing of Jamal Lewis as anything long term or overly significant. I still think they look at Adrian Peterson.

I agree with you on those 2 points Mr G.

I know that Miami are pretty high on Kevin Kolb and whilst he still has that funky little quirk to his delivery and the ball doesn't always come out in a hurry - I want to see more snap in his arm - he's strong armed, accurate and very mobile. And a great kid to boot.

And he should be around in the early part of the 3rd round. I like Kolb...and thou many don't like the Palmer kid....he does have size and a decent arm...and I see him no better than a 6th rounder. A player that the Dolphins can work on...for a future trade.

Back
Top Bottom