Boston Globe - Ross Wanted To Trade Down To Save Money | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston Globe - Ross Wanted To Trade Down To Save Money

Look I can buy it and it's certainly not about the money but the lack there of. Look Ross is a business man and he owns a team that is financially strapped against the salary cap, just lost its top players to free agency and does not pocess enough picks in the current draft to replace that talent. Trading down mads perfect sense. Not unhappy we took Fitzpatrick as he is probably a elite talent which you have to grab, but Laundry, Suh and Ajayi were elite talent too so.

Look I can buy it and it's certainly not about the money but the lack there of. Look Ross is a business man and he owns a team that is financially strapped against the salary cap

being close to the salary cap and being financially strapped aren't even in the same universe.

as to the salary cap, in a few weeks we get the remainder of the Suh money for this year ($17,000,000?) so the difference between the 11th pick and whatever you traded down to, plus paying the extra picks, would have a negligible effect on our cap situation.

When I saw the thread title.....I thought "no way" Ross would not pick a quality player to save money. Glad to see there are so many like minded Fins fans. You certainly can question some of the things we have spent money on.....but cheap isn't an issue Mr. Ross has.

Was that well placed source from the Patriots front office? Just curious.....

If true, definitely troubling. I doubt the validity though. If the question was asked it would make sense. We are cap strapped and need to fill lots of holes so maybe he though we could get good value like other teams. But in terms of just money, it makes no sense to pay Suh to go away and overpay all the free agents (internal) we have had the last few years and shell out the money we did this offseason just to turn around and not pick a guy on a ridiculously friendly rookie scale.

Don't buy it. Ross has made mistakes but he's never been cheap or put his own judgement on football decisions ahead of the football guys. This sounds like someone took an old Jerry Jones story and replaced Jones with Ross.

I wonder if Ben Volin wrote the original copy? He’s at the Globe.

Whether Ross asked a question, obviously it didn’t happen so he didn’t order anything.

I would have been upset if we traded down. If you get a chance at a blue chip player at a tough position to find, you pounce. We got one of the five or six best prospects in the draft (Mayfield, Barkley, Nelson, Chubb, Smith).

I wonder if Ben Volin wrote the original copy? He’s at the Globe.

Whether Ross asked a question, obviously it didn’t happen so he didn’t order anything.

I would have been upset if we traded down. If you get a chance at a blue chip player at a tough position to find, you pounce. We got one of the five or six best prospects in the draft (Mayfield, Barkley, Nelson, Chubb, Smith).

yes it written by Volin

Waiting for the Miami Herald to come out saying Kraft is trying to recruit Meek Mill to be Brady’s backup QB. Wonder which story would be more ridiculous.

Let's face it if Ross wanted that it would have been done he has the purse strings.

being close to the salary cap and being financially strapped aren't even in the same universe.

as to the salary cap, in a few weeks we get the remainder of the Suh money for this year ($17,000,000?) so the difference between the 11th pick and whatever you traded down to, plus paying the extra picks, would have a negligible effect on our cap situation.
The post read financially strapped against the salary cap not that Ross was financially strapped. Yes come June 1st we will have some savings from the Suh savings to sign some marginal free agents.

Back
Top Bottom