• Az-Zahir Hakim

Votes: 42 21.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I know there are threads about this, but I think this topic deserves a poll! I say David Boston for sure. I was really upset we never saw him play a down! I am not crazy about Hakim...injury prone and never gotten over 700 yards in a season...we know Bostons POTENTIAL, and I think he could do well in Linehans system.

We definitely need a slot receiver and Az would be a better fit there or Charles Lee but Boston is just too freakish as long as he can keep his cool from assaulting people I still want to see him drag some small corners an extra 8 yards on a quick slant.

Interesting, I didnt think there would be such a gap. 10-1 is quite surprising. Alot of people have been high on Hakim and some people really dont want Boston back. I wouldnt mind either but if I could choose, definately Boston.

Boston... we have a slot WR in Chris Chambers.

We can get Booker and Boston on the outside, with Chambers in the slot... put Randy in motion and then shift Ronnie from RB to WR and the D is screwed!!

Phinfan31 said:
I know there are threads about this, but I think this topic deserves a poll! I say David Boston for sure. I was really upset we never saw him play a down! I am not crazy about Hakim...injury prone and never gotten over 700 yards in a season...we know Bostons POTENTIAL, and I think he could do well in Linehans system.
so the difference is??? boston never played a down, yet you love him... but hakim is quicker than shiznit and you don't like his potential? boston is just about as injury prone as hakim these days.

I want to see us start three wide recievers. To me, David Boston is by far the better fit. Put he, Chambers, and Booker on the outside, with Brown in the backfield, McMike at TE, and whatever line we can put together (maybe something like Carey, James, McKinney, Hadnot, and McDougle) blocking for either Feeley or Ferotte, giving them plenty of weapons to use. We can rotate in guys like Heath Evans or Donald Lee, situationally.

If we can get protection for their QB's and open up a hole or two for our new running back, the offense should be quite potent.

Obviously, our defensive front seven looks fantastically deep. If we can get our secondary sorted out, and our line improves (signifigantly), we'll be a much better team than people are expecting...

General Grimmac said:
so the difference is??? boston never played a down, yet you love him... but hakim is quicker than shiznit and you don't like his potential? boston is just about as injury prone as hakim these days.
Boston is younger I believe so potential doesn't factor.

Az has lost his top speed because of injuries.

Both are injury risks since each has missed all or parts of at least two seasons as a result of injuries. Boston adds the risk of flaking out, which did not surface last year, but he wasn't around long enough to see how he'd hold up under pressure. It was an issue in Arizona and San Diego. Boston's steroid use is another red flag...has he stopped?...how much of his previous development was due to steroids?...will he get suspended again (for a year)?

Hakim is less of a risk. If we only sign one of them, I vote Hakim.

I'd rather sign both, though, and make a move to significantly upgrade the WR corps.

I'd take Boston. If the Dolphins played in a dome on turf, then maybe I'd take Hakim.

PHINSfan said:
I'll take either of them, or maybe both!

Cool!
Maybe both of them may get injured at same time and share a hospital room. :roflmao:
Seriously, Boston can be a little better if that release for failed test brings some ego hurt and puts back David in shape.:D

Who knows if bostonwill ever get back on the field to what he was in arizona.Remember the one year in SD HE STUNK IT UP and was suspended by MARTY for being a jerk.WE dont need pains in the *** on the team.GO PHINS

Even though we've desperately need a slot WR for many years now, in Linnehan's Offense it doesn't appear to be as critical. Thus, I'd take the big-play Boston over Hakim.

Quite honestly, I wouldn't even take Hakim over Ike Hilliard. The reason being that Hilliard is fearless, has great hands and does not shy away from contact. Hakim doesn't like to get hit (like all the former/current Rams receivers) - and I would rather have a tough slot WR that will catch the damn ball, over one that's a little younger & maybe slightly quicker.

Lastly, we do not currently have a back-up WR who would be able start and be effective if one of the starters went down. Another reason I would take Boston first and Hilliard second. Hakim is NOT a starter due to his finesse game and diminutive stature. I would hate to see our Offense get going this year and then stall b/c Chambers or Booker gets hurt and then the other team just smothers the other WR. Thompson, Gilmore & Welker should never start this year under any circumstance.

but look at it this way which ever one of this to we sign both could be dangerous imagine if we had bothe of them and chmabers and booker but i no that wont happen

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom