Boston turned down more money to sign with Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston turned down more money to sign with Fins

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Former Pro Bowl wide receiver David Boston turned down a chance to make more money elsewhere in hopes of getting his career back on track with the Dolphins.

Boston re-signed with Miami, getting a one-year contract for the veteran minimum of $540,000 with incentives as part of the contract. The Dolphins released Boston earlier in the offseason in a salary cap move, but the team made it clear to him at the time it would like him to return.

Boston talked with San Francisco and Tennessee before returning to the Dolphins. Agent Mitch Frankel said Boston turned down a contract with Tennessee that was potentially much more lucrative.

''Probably four or five times more,'' Frankel said. ``But David really liked what he heard from coach [Nick] Saban in the meetings they had and felt good about the opportunity and the situation with the Dolphins.''

Frankel said Boston has trimmed down to 233 pounds as part of his rehabilitation from patella tendon surgery last summer. Boston, whom the Dolphins acquired in a trade from San Diego a year ago, missed all of last season after tearing the patella tendon in his left knee during training camp.

Frankel said Boston took a physical Wednesday before signing and has been cleared for full participation in workouts. Boston took part in on-field training activity Wednesday.

Link

good read - if true than he'll really play with something to prove and not only for the money!

...233pounds!!! Hell yes one thingI was worried about is him putting back on his weight, but he's doing all the right things let's just hope he can stay healthy.

DBoston80 said:
...233pounds!!! Hell yes one thingI was worried about is him putting back on his weight, but he's doing all the right things let's just hope he can stay healthy.
i'd like to see him lower than 233 like around 220.

finsnchips said:
i'd like to see him lower than 233 like around 220.

....That might be askingalittle too much!!! This time last year he wieghed 255-260!!

DBoston80 said:
....That might be askingalittle too much!!! This time last year he wieghed 255-260!!
oh... i dont think it'll happen.

I just would like to see him at that weight because he would still have a presence whilst reducing the risk of him getting injured.

Wow Taking a cut in pay is so honorable it makes up for him cheating by taking drugs. Phew, I sure am glad he saved us some money, Nothing worse then getting screwed by an overpriced cheater. oh and my agent/headhunter turned down a much more lucrative job for me cause well i liked what my current boss had to say. :rolleyes:

Taking a paycut shows that he is a team player. Some people have ripped him for not being loyal, but since he's been a dolphin, he has done Nothing to accuse him of not being committed.

Scrap said:
Boston knows we're headed in the right direction. He wants a ring.
Maybe ,but I'm almost certain he wants to revive his career first. He has a better chance w/ Linehans system. If he ends up w/ probowl nos. we'll see if his willing to sign w/ the fins for a cheap contract because he wants to win a sb.

Justasportsfan said:
Maybe ,but I'm almost certain he wants to revive his career first. He has a better chance w/ Linehans system. If he ends up w/ probowl nos. we'll see if his willing to sign w/ the fins for a cheap contract because he wants to win a sb.
:D I'm being quite the optimist there, aren't I ?

Scrap said:
:D I'm being quite the optimist there, aren't I ?
I would be very optimistic if I was a finfan . There's no denying Wanny turned the fins into DUH Bears. Maybe Saban can bring back the fins. As a bills fan, I hope not :couch:

Justasportsfan said:
There's no denying Wanny turned the fins into DUH Bears.
I think Dave did a great job!:escape:

Back
Top Bottom