Both the Steelers and Dolphins showing alot of interest in Najee Harris at Senior Bowl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Both the Steelers and Dolphins showing alot of interest in Najee Harris at Senior Bowl

Trade 3 for 8, 39, future 1st

8. Devonta Smith, Ja'Marr Chase or Jaylen Waddle

Trade 18, 39, 4th for 13

13. Kyle Pitts

trade 36, 82 and future mid round pick for 22

22. Najee Harris

ok ill stop
I’ve been sleeping on kyle pitts. Dude is a monster. A waller clone. Folks are saying he is the best TE prospect in a long time. Would be awesome to land him.

Waller had a better body for run tbru contact than pitts. Especially lower half. That’s probably the biggest discrepancy I see.

I’ve been sleeping on kyle pitts. Dude is a monster. A waller clone. Folks are saying he is the best TE prospect in a long time. Would be awesome to land him.
I agree but everything I have heard is we should not draft him because he is a Mike Gesicki clone (same type not exactly a clone). Is it such a bad thing to have 2 of those guys on the field at the same time? Plus a new WR.

Pitts was a mis-match in college but the pro's play a little differently...

Better value: Najee 18 vs. Williams at 36?

I wouldn't get too cute and wait any longer and end up missing out on the entire lot like last year.

i think Miami just has to watch for the run when it starts. Last year it started at 32 and early 30s teams that drafted guys last year who are still bad teams high at rb probably aren’t gonna take one from ya. Just watch for the run and be ready to move if ya have to. I’m not much of a fan of being the team that starts the run on rbs unless I’m a contender and that’s the one piece I’m away from or I’m loaded so much I can just draft my top talent like kc pretty much did with edwards helaire

The only RB's I see going early are Etienne and Harris.

Backs like Williams, Gainwell, Hubbard, Hill, and Carter will be there in the 3rd and later.

I can't see us burning a 1st on a RB and I doubt we would even spend a 2nd. Ditto on a center for those thinking Creed will go so high. But I wouldn't be surprised if we spend a 2nd on a CB. Some serious talent in this draft there and we have too much money tied up in that position IMHO.

The only positions I'm down with in the first two rounds are QB, OT, WR, and CB (maybe TE and RB if they are game changers). For anything else you have to be a contender who thinks they are a piece or two away. So no to Parson or Pitts or Harris or Etienne in the 1st. We just aren't good enough yet for such extravagance.

The only RB's I see going early are Etienne and Harris.

Backs like Williams, Gainwell, Hubbard, Hill, and Carter will be there in the 3rd and later.

I can't see us burning a 1st on a RB and I doubt we would even spend a 2nd. Ditto on a center for those thinking Creed will go so high. But I wouldn't be surprised if we spend a 2nd on a CB. Some serious talent in this draft there and we have too much money tied up in that position IMHO.

The only positions I'm down with in the first two rounds are QB, OT, WR, and CB (maybe TE and RB if they are game changers). For anything else you have to be a contender who thinks they are a piece or two away. So no to Parson or Pitts or Harris or Etienne in the 1st. We just aren't good enough yet for such extravagance.

Don't take this as an attack but it's odd that you wouldn't spend a 1st round pick on a position of great need with a great player but would waste a 1st on a QB when we have one.

Last edited:
Keep hearing and reading that RBs shouldn't be drafted high because that position isn't rated that high any more and yet I'm reading posts saying we have to grab Harris and make sure we don't let Steelers get him etc etc.
Is Harris that good? With the passing game Alabama has im pretty sure an average RB will get serious yds.

I wouldn't reach for Harris in the first round. They should be able to get Javonte Williams in the 2nd round or other RBs later on.

Drafting a good player isn’t a reach. Especially when that player won’t be available the next time a team is on the clock.

That’s just a popular and overused catch phrase for those that don’t want the player or don’t agree with his value.

If MIA values him and wants him they’ll need to read the field and take him where they can. That could be #36 but might well be #18 (or somewhere in between).

We shall see.

Last edited:
Keep hearing and reading that RBs shouldn't be drafted high because that position isn't rated that high any more and yet I'm reading posts saying we have to grab Harris and make sure we don't let Steelers get him etc etc.
Is Harris that good? With the passing game Alabama has im pretty sure an average RB will get serious yds.

You clearly haven’t been paying attention to many of the talented backs that have been coming out of Bama in recent years.

This narrative that the team is so good that the player can’t be is ridiculous. Sometimes it can be true. That’s what scouting is all about.

But typically the very best teams often boast the very best collection of players. Silly notion, I know.

Better value: Najee 18 vs. Williams at 36?

I wouldn't get too cute and wait any longer and end up missing out on the entire lot like last year.
I think Williams at 36. Harris is the better blocker, but I wouldn't doubt Williams turns out to be the best back in this draft.

I really like both of them.

Flores constantly says “team first” when it comes to personnel wants/adds

Id watch out for creed Humphrey being an apple of the staffs eye this week

they are getting a good 👀 at him

Back
Top Bottom