Both the Steelers and Dolphins showing alot of interest in Najee Harris at Senior Bowl | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Both the Steelers and Dolphins showing alot of interest in Najee Harris at Senior Bowl

****, i forgot to add the "I'm trolling with Ballage" comment at the bottom of the posts.
Chargers had eckler and a couple of decent reserves. Nothing bad enough that they need to draft a RB high IMO

The cards invested a midround pick in Chase Edmonds a couple years back, and he's had some serviceable games, but they would've never traded for or resigned Drake if he was the answer. Chase is better used as a complimentary back.
Not sure who you are referencing with Daniels. no RB by that name was drafted, AZ only drafted a late round RB that didnt contribute.

Cowboys are going to have a hard time getting out of the Zeek contract. they are stuck with him.

Im far from an expert, but with the Bills being so close this year, i really think they will be trying to look for another piece to slow KC down. If they go Def in FA, then I would definately worry that the 30th pick could be RB

The Jets and Steelers i see being the biggest scare
Edmonds, thats who I meant, lol. Its early for me, brain cells arent firing correctly. At least I got the first name right, lol.

Wouldn't shock me to see the Bills trade to grab one of the two top RB.
Believing that would put them in the Superbowl

Does the Bills strike you as a team that puts any priority on running the ball? Yet, They going to trade up for a RB? Right!

Looks like we may have some competition for our running back. They may want to either trade in front of us for him or scoop him up if we pass. I dont think that we can get cute and pick someone else thinking he will be there in the 2nd. If he is our guy, we have to get him at 18.

This was obvious, I mentioned in a post over two weeks ago that Najee will not get past Pittsburgh in the first round. He is the EPITOME of a Pittsburgh Steeler RB. If the Fins really want him, they'll have to take him at 18. Although I would love to have Najee, I feel 18 is too high and 35 is the right place to take him. If the Steelers grab him the first round, I would be very happy taking UNC RB Javonte Williams at 35 or 50 (in a perfect world).

This is a passing league at the end of the day. Running backs have a good 8-9 seasons. It is better we use the 2nd round to groom someone that fits the style of offense that we want. Our running game at the end of the day is dependent on the success of our passing game, and we are in a heavy passing league.

Last edited:
This was obvious, I mentioned in a post over two weeks ago that Najee will not get past Pittsburgh in the first round. He is the EPITOME of a Pittsburgh Steeler RB. If the Fins really want him, they'll have to take him at 18. Although I would love to have Najee, I feel 18 is too high and 35 is the right place to take him. If the Steelers grab him the first round, I would be very happy taking UNC RB Javonte Williams at 35 or 50 (in a perfect world).
If we take Williams he has to use #34 so I can dust off my old jerseys!!!

Najee Harris is a very good RB, and I'm sure his skill will translate to the NFL. He has power, athleticism, tenacity, and decent speed. He can pass protect and catch the ball. The RB position may be devalued in today's pass-first NFL, but Harris is probably the 2nd best RB prospect in this class (after Etienne), and one of the very few elite RB's in this draft class. It's understandable that all of the NFL is interested.

If we take Williams he has to use #34 so I can dust off my old jerseys!!!
LOL. Honestly, he reminds me a little of that awesome power back for the Falcons years ago ... can't think of his name though. Huge thighs ... reminded me of Earl Campbell a little bit. Javonte Williams isn't as good as that Falcon guy, and neither is even close to Earl Campbell ... but there's room in the NFL for a power guy like Javonte Williams.

That Chiefs offense is in a league of their own. Mahomes is great but his weapons are something I don't ever remember a team having.

It all starts with Reid. The guy can scheme you up and do you dirty, all with a smile.

As for what they did to BUF. They used almost the exact same defensive game plan they use on BALT. And the Bills had no answer or adjustments.

Reading McDermott press conference, he seems to understand the vast difference between his boys and Reids.

Najee had 1450 yards rushing with 26 tds and I think 400 yards receiving with 4 tds against SEC teams and the other top teams. Just saying I don't think he makes it to rd2
Mac Jones had the same typoe of umbers vs SEC teams. I don't think he'll make it to rd. 2...even though he should.

Only 2 RB's in the free agency are going to alter the draft.
who ever signs aaron jones is immediately wiped off the board.
who ever signs Drake, i would be pretty confident want take a RB high

1. Jags..fine...robinson was a find
2. Jets..need but not at 2... drafter perine in 4th but they need a speed back
3. us...need, too early here

AT 3, WE CAN GET WHATEVER RB WE WANT WITH NO DETERRENCE, VERY DUMB THOUGH

4. Falcons..need
5. Bengals..set with Mixon
6. Eagles...set with Sanders
7. Lions...set with Swift
8. Carolina..set CMac
9. Broncos..set Gordon
10. Dallas...set Zeek
11. Giants...set Bark
12. 49ers...set with RB by committee...i think they are the new Broncos with plug and play backs succeeding
13. Chargers...set Ballage
14. Viks..set Cook
15. Pats. set RB by commit Michel Harris
16. Cards...I think if Drake leaves they need a RB, with only 5 picks in draft, i dont think they have the luxury of 1st round RB, also one of the reasons i see them trying to bring Drake back...but this could be the first potential RB spot.
17. Raiders...Jacobs
18. us...need RB, if the Cards resign RB this is the last chance we get the top RB on board IMO, too early for my blood

AT 18, I ONLY SEE POTENTIALLY ONE RB HAVING BEEN PICKED AND THATS IFFY. I DO THINK PITT IS A SMART ENOUGH ORG TO NOT TRADE DRAFT CAPITAL TO MOVE AHEAD OF US FOR RB

19. Redskins..set Gibson
20. Bears...set Montgomery
21..Colts...set Taylor
22. Titans..set Henry
23. Jets....need RB...will pick twice before our next pick
24. Steelers...need RB (and alot more)
25. Jags...fine (above)
26.. Brown...set Chub
27. Ravens..set Dobbins
28. Saints..set Kamara
29. GB...Aaron Jones?? if no aaron jones, Rodgers is gonna scream for a RB that can catch or WR
30. Buff...think they run it back with Moss and try to go defense to offset KC
31 TB..fine with Jones
32. KC..set with CEH
33. Jags (above)
34. Jets (above)
35. Falcons. need RB
36. us need

AT 36, I THINK POTENTIALLY THE TOP 2 RB'S WOULD BE GONE IF WE SAT AND WAITED.
ASSUMING CARDS RESIGN DRAKE, IF YOU WANT TO GUARANTEE RB OF YOUR CHOICE, I THINK YOU HAVE TO JUMP TO 22. DO I AGREE WITH TRADING UP FOR RB, NO, BUT 16, 23/34, 24, 29, 35 COULD ALL POTENTIALLY BE RB (HARRIS OR T ET)

so i guess if you love Harris and a player you dont love is on the board at 18, you could potentially try dropping down a couple spots
Thank for this, very good analysis
By the way, what about Mark Ingram? Can he take one of those teams out of the early rb consideration ?
Specially someone in win now mode like Buffalo, Pitt or GB

Last edited:
It all starts with Reid. The guy can scheme you up and do you dirty, all with a smile.

As for what they did to BUF. They used almost the exact same defensive game plan they use on BALT. And the Bills had no answer or adjustments.

Reading McDermott press conference, he seems to understand the vast difference between his boys and Reids.
I've always liked Reid since his days in Phl, great coach

Back
Top Bottom