Bowens And Gardener Were Not Talking Since Last Season... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowens And Gardener Were Not Talking Since Last Season...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
One of the real untold stories behind the DARYL GARDENER fiasco.....is the fact that DT TIM BOWENS (surprisingly) was very adamant about his feelings towards DG.

These 2 guys were once very, very close.....but from what I understand from DREW ROSENHAUS.....these two had not been on speaking terms since the early goings of last season.

Some of the early stories that came out....had JASON TAYLOR and ZACH THOMAS, along with SAM MADISON going into WANNY's office....among others....to give in their 2 cents about the behavior of DG.

But the guy who hardly ever, ever---speaks his mind alone....with his head coach....actually did so this time....and from what I had heard.....it was BOWENs..passionate team-oriented tirade....that at the very least.....must have even surprised WANNY.

I am not saying that TIMBO had an effect on WANNY's decision....but the coach was very aware of this rift between he and GARDENER....

The main question: What happened to this once close friendship?

Drew is not talking about this one....and nobody even on the team wants to talk about it either.

Like WANNY said....his release "was in the best interest of the team". And in the best interest of TIM BOWENS...

DCH

Hey, if the shoe fits.........

Maybe DG will be our "Terry Glenn" this year. Nah, nobody's that bad.

Too bad we didn't get the Terry Glenn deal the Pats got. It would be nice to recoup some of those lost draft picks.

Yeah

Why didn't we trade him for something
He was a good played
We could have got something for him and made sure he was in the NFC so we would not have to face him
LOL

Originally posted by bigwalt18
Yeah

Why didn't we trade him for something
He was a good played
We could have got something for him and made sure he was in the NFC so we would not have to face him
LOL
as clumpedplatelet so astitutely pointed out
Couldn't trade DG: salary cap acceleration
he was too huge a cap hit for anyone to swallow at this point in the year.

I wonder if June 1st affects the acceleration for trades the same way it affects acceleration for cuts...because otherwise there's really no difference between a trade and a cut unless a trade doesn't account for June 1st at all (in which case that $3 million in savings for cutting DG this year would have turned into $3 million in losses for cutting DG this year, but no deadweight next year)

I think the parameters for trading are the same all the time. Example: Carolina eats all of Williams' remaining SB this year, and we only pick up his base salary.

I'm pretty sure that this is the case for all trades.

Yeah but we cant be sure because Jay Williams only had 1 year left on the contract anyway. Even if they cut him it wouldn't be possible to have a 2003 cap hit.

That is the rule, and that is why it is SO hard to trade big name(ie big SB) players, because the team doing the trading has to have enough room under the cap to absorb the SB.

If Randy Moss was traded now, Minny would have to have like $14 million of cap room to absorb his SB hit. That number(or whatever his actual SB was -1 year) would be the same any time during the season.

Yeah that sounds about right. Too bad Darnay Scott's a jag now. I woulda traded OG to get that 4th round pick back and signed Darnay.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Yeah that sounds about right. Too bad Darnay Scott's a jag now. I woulda traded OG to get that 4th round pick back and signed Darnay.

Heh except we would be lucky to get a 7th for him considering most execs figure OG has 2 years left with his toes.

Kinda sucks that most of the offseason we haven't had the money to sign a couple interesting FA's when the phins were interested. Now we have the money and no one available. Think about it this way. If DG was cut a month ago we could have had Marco Coleman along with Burnett (much more stable tandem then Burnett/Williams) and signed Buckley.

Back
Top Bottom