Bowens fined for cheap shot late hit. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowens fined for cheap shot late hit.

Taco John

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dolphins | Bowens Fined $5k - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
12:12 PT: The Sun-Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins DL David Bowens has been fined $5,000 by the league for a late hit on Broncos QB Brian Griese.

Last week was a big week for fines.

Harrison in SD, The safety for Philly who hit Hilliard, The safety in Dallas who knocked the Seahawk into the hospital.

They all got between $50,000 and $75,000 fines. An expensive week to play D.

where does the money go from the fines is a good question ?

actually the league gives fine money to charity. I love the NFL!!

Originally posted by MarinoFan
actually the league gives fine money to charity. I love the NFL!!
then let 'em fine 'em - there are too many injuries already if it means let crushing hits - that fine (no pun intended ;) ) with me

a $5,000 fine doesn't even cover the change portion of the players weekly check. Timbo probably has more than that in his pocket right now.

I just got fine by the nfl too.

I wouldn't be surprise.

as of now, finHeaven is going to fine all members for posting smack in the Fins forum and wearing 2 different color socks :stooges:

I'm not sure about all of the hits, but I am sure about one:

When a guy launches himself (i.e. leaves his feet) at another player leading with his helmet (head down), then he should he fined. Not only could he hurt the other guy, he can seriously hurt himself.

Anyone that knows football, knows that your head should always be up.

The hit on Chambers was dirty and we are lucky no one was hurt worse.

Frankly Taco, I don't care how many times you try and justify the hit by showing up on this board with a post about a Dolphin being fined.

It was a cheap shot that doesn't belong in this league, and I would say that if it was a Dolphin player that made the hit. You should be honest enough to do the same.

I agree with the Chambers hit that guy deserved a fine. However the fine to Dawkins at 50,000k was a bad call. Dawkins wasnt head hunting IMHO on that play. Yeah it sucks Hilliard got knocked out for the season. But it really wasnt a dirty play. Should he be fined? yes but not 50k he didnt do it on purpose or out of anger.

Sammy Knight of the New Orleans Saints, said something that I agree with on the Jim Rome show today. He said if there is an injury, pretty much you can expect a fine. I think he is dead on with that.

Personally, I don't agree with the Dawkins fine, He clearly just made a good play, he was head hunting like someone else said. The league pretty soon will make all players where two flags of the same color on their hips since two hand touch will be "too violent" for them soon. Seriously they are extending the quarterback rule to pretty much all offensive positions.

The Kennedy hit was a legit fine worthy hit, as is pretty much anything Rodney Harrison does, but 75k? 50K? Thta might make them learn their lesson, but what if they weren't doing anything wrong? What does thta teach them?

Originally posted by PhinKev
I'm not sure about all of the hits, but I am sure about one:

When a guy launches himself (i.e. leaves his feet) at another player leading with his helmet (head down), then he should he fined. Not only could he hurt the other guy, he can seriously hurt himself.

Anyone that knows football, knows that your head should always be up.

The hit on Chambers was dirty and we are lucky no one was hurt worse.

Frankly Taco, I don't care how many times you try and justify the hit by showing up on this board with a post about a Dolphin being fined.

It was a cheap shot that doesn't belong in this league, and I would say that if it was a Dolphin player that made the hit. You should be honest enough to do the same.

Amen: that indeed was a fineable cheap shot..he indeed left his feet head first..the other calls like on Rice and the giants...are questionable...especially on Rice his hands even came up during the hit..no helmet contact..

Back
Top Bottom