Bowl Records by Conference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowl Records by Conference

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
Just in case we're keeping score, as it currently sits with UCF's win over Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl... here are the records by conference so far in bowl games...

PAC-12 = 6-3

SEC = 7-2

C-USA = 3-3

MWC = 3-3

Independents = 2-1

AAC = 2-3

Big-12 = 3-3

ACC = 4-6

Sun Belt = 2-0

Big-10 = 2-5

MAC = 0-5

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid Georgia.....They are the Clemson of the SEC...

It looks like to me that the AAC was more deserving of 2 BCS bids than the Big 12.

It looks like to me that the AAC was more deserving of 2 BCS bids than the Big 12.

I would like to see UCF in the ACC along with Louisville next year. Add a full time Notre Dame to that and the ACC would have a pretty good strength of schedule. A lot of the decent/middle ACC teams play like crap in bowl games. Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech always choke. Duke at least showed up although they ultimately lost.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Btw, how in the hell did the ACC send 11 teams to bowl games?

I would like to see UCF in the ACC along with Louisville next year. Add a full time Notre Dame to that and the ACC would have a pretty good strength of schedule. A lot of the decent/middle ACC teams play like crap in bowl games. Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech always choke. Duke at least showed up although they ultimately lost.

Sorry Buddy,
But if adding Notre Dame RAISES your strength of schedule...there's a problem...LOL

Sorry Buddy,
But if adding Notre Dame RAISES your strength of schedule...there's a problem...LOL

Yeah they're already playing 5 ACC teams a season so they're practically members. We go up there next November and aside from it being the name of Notre Dame, I don't suspect it will do much for our strength of schedule. I haven't been impressed with them for several seasons now, even their national title game season.

Sorry Buddy,

Hey, it is what it is...the ACC is not good in football outside of the top few teams. Also, it's not like there are tons of quality teams looking for a conference right now. Notre Dame is a consistently solid team if not dominant like they were in the past. They are better than a lot of the other crap in the ACC right now. However, it will still be FSU then Clemson, Louisville, maybe Miami and Notre Dame and a step down to everybody else next year. I am not even sure about Clemson without Boyd and Watkins.

Yeah they're already playing 5 ACC teams a season so they're practically members. We go up there next November and aside from it being the name of Notre Dame, I don't suspect it will do much for our strength of schedule. I haven't been impressed with them for several seasons now, even their national title game season.

They got very lucky several times during their title game season and Alabama exposed them. However, they are still solid and the ACC could do a lot worse than ND.

Hey, it is what it is...the ACC is not good in football outside of the top few teams. Also, it's not like there are tons of quality teams looking for a conference right now. Notre Dame is a consistently solid team if not dominant like they were in the past. They are better than a lot of the other crap in the ACC right now. However, it will still be FSU then Clemson, Louisville, maybe Miami and Notre Dame and a step down to everybody else next year. I am not even sure about Clemson without Boyd and Watkins.

I think you can add VT to that list of quality ACC teams...they may not have been really good the past couple years and as much as I hate them, they generally put together a solid team.

I think you can add VT to that list of quality ACC teams...they may not have been really good the past couple years and as much as I hate them, they generally put together a solid team.

I agree that they are a solid team but they always seem to lay an egg in their bowl game. Georgia Tech is tough during the regular season but they lay eggs in the postseason too. NC and NCST are both in transition but should be good down the road as are Syracuse and Pittsburgh. The ACC doesn't suck, they just haven't been good in bowl games lately. Hopefully FSU and Clemson can win convincingly and gain some respect for the conference.

I like the Pac 12 but it had a favorable draw. The teams were favored in all 9 games. On a college football site a few weeks ago I mentioned the favoritism in all 9 games, and said it equated to an over/under of 6.5 wins, based on the level of the pointspreads. One genius mocked me and said it made no sense to be favored in 9 games, yet with an over/under of 6.5. Apparently he thought the over/under should be 9, since all were favored. What could go wrong?

That 6.5 prop would have been quite interesting because it came down to Stanford, which was bet up to a touchdown favorite. The Pac 12 was 6-2 prior to that game and Stanford led 17-7 before Michigan State started to seize physical control. Actually, I thought the game turned when Anderson dropped a simple interception on third and long when Stanford led 10-0. If they score on the ensuing drive, the Spartans aren't rallying from that deep of a hole. Instead, Michigan State took advantage of the drop and deflected completion to score a touchdown on that drive.

Back
Top Bottom