Boy I wished we were picking #2 this year! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boy I wished we were picking #2 this year!

i know that during the rose bowl he was out of the game mentally...

No, during the Rose Bowl Pete Carroll was out of the game mentally. Out his freaking mind.

Bush had a higher yards-per-carry than Lendel AND a higher yard per catch than Jarret. He had the longest run and the longest catch on fewer touches of either.

Bush being on the sidelines for the games biggest play should tell you nothing about Bush and everything about Carroll.

There was absolutely nothing at all wrong with Bush last night except that fools underused him.

nopony said:
No, during the Rose Bowl Pete Carroll was out of the game mentally. Out his freaking mind.

Bush had a higher yards-per-carry than Lendel AND a higher yard per catch than Jarret. He had the longest run and the longest catch on fewer touches of either.

Bush being on the sidelines for the games biggest play should tell you nothing about Bush and everything about Carroll.

There was absolutely nothing at all wrong with Bush last night except that fools underused him.

well lets talk about brown's national title game oh yeah, sorry Bush was in 2.5 and brown hmm none and the game against Va Tech he split carries. What does this tell you about ronnie absolutly nothing much like the arguement against Bush who averages a first down a touch. Im sure there are many running backs that have done that. Not.

Slappy8800 said:
that doesnt even make any sense

it makes sense its just stupid.
oh also, the reason he wasnt in on that play was because they wanted a bruiser. its the same reason bettis is in on the goalline almost exclusively

arent you the guy that doesnt believe we ever landed on the moon?

he didnt have to touch the ball, he couldve been a decoy....no way your best player is on the bench when you need him

oh also, the reason he wasnt in on that play was because they wanted a bruiser. its the same reason bettis is in on the goalline almost exclusively

I understand giving White the ball... but not having Bush on the field, even as a flanker to draw the defense away was terrible, terrible coaching. That nad not calling a time-out on the lateral touchdown.

It was not a good day for Pete. But it was a really good day for Bush and I'm surprised to see people calling him out.

*except for the lateral...and I think Bush has earned one bone-headed move... it was his second fumble all year.

Slappy8800 said:
he didnt have to touch the ball, he couldve been a decoy....no way your best player is on the bench when you need him

Not to worry Slappy... I got your back, they are just being @$$holes...

however, I am a little creeped out by your avitar... :tongue:

Not to worry Slappy... I got your back, they are just being @$$holes...

?

Who's they?

And you agree that Bush can't play pro ball and Joey Harrington should be our QB?

yea no one is being aholes...we are just immersed in a good ole football argument! wOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

There is no one in this draft worthy of a top 10 pick that I'd take over Ronnie, period.

i put my quote in my sig so that come this time next year i will either eat crow or be right

Miamifin23 said:
No disrespect to Ronnie Brown, because I love him, but this would be the year to have the 2nd overall pick in the draft. We could go many options, we could draft Leinart, Young, or Bush... (whoever Houston wouldnt draft). We would have the option of getting a QB for the future, or grabbing a RB that is a game changer. Reggie Bush isn't a back that will give you 20+ carries a game, but him teamed up with Ricky Williams would be a big time 1, 2 punch. I feel this years draft is deeper from top to bottem, and this would also give the option of trading down to a team like the Raiders who desperately need a QB and might be willing to give up about anything to grab Young or Leinart. Don't get me wrong, I love Ronnie Brown, but I would have much rather had the 2nd overall pick this year, rather than last year.

In college I don't remember Ronnie Brown getting 20 carries in any game and I know for a fact in his last two years he did not. Carnell had many twenty carry games and had one 36 carry game while Ronnie had alot of 5 carry games so why does everyone feel we have such a workhorse and Bush is a part timer. I like having Ronnie although for his asking price I wish we had traded down and took a player like Rodgers. With the second pick this year we could have a franchise back, QB or a lineman. Last years draft there were three very even runningbacks and many teams favored differant guys.
Ronnie had three games where he ran the ball over 20 times this year which shows some promise but after week 11 his average per carry was way down and he missed a game due to injury so lets not assume already that Brown is a workhorse because he has far from proven it in college or pros. ron Dayne loked like a workhorse too.

Slappy8800 said:
i like the fact that ronnie can block

I think we have two of the best blocking Rb's in the league but runningbacks can be great without being great blockers. I used to hear on Tampa radio that Keyshawn was the best Wr because of his blocking ability.

Back
Top Bottom