BP and FA | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BP and FA

The only thing that I dont like about MIA coaching, they do not let veterans play free. Like if they see something to go with it.... Sharper needs that type of freedon or else he would not have so much impact. Miami needs to start doing that if a veteran prives he can read plays let him play.....

Dansby - would be nice but the pricetag is going to be way too High I beleive. Wonder what the difference in $$ is between what Dansby is expected to get and what a LB drafted with our 12th Pick would get? If its close to the same then the point is moot grab Dansby.

Rolle - would be a nice addition but not at the $12 million his contract slated, so as long as he is not asking for that kind of money I am good.

Boldin- would be nice but we would have to give up a draft pick. Unless they are willing to take one of our unwanted and maybe a 4th at best.

But I think the key to our FA should be:

A. Bryant- Would not be a bad pick up. Could be had for cheap and could be the temp we need until we can develop our own #1 may it be Turner or other Young WR.

The one guy that I am watching closely is the Wilfork situation. This pick up alone could be the 1 chip that brings everything else together.

So if we pick up Wilfork and A. Bryant, then we can use this years draft to draft. ILB,OLB,OG,FS etc...

Then use next years draft to draft our #1 WR and RB,which just happens to be the speculated best WR class to have come out in years.
chubbs
i hear what u are saying but i just dont see the miami dolphins of this era making a push for top tier FA. so we will b in the middle of the league yet another year.when was the last time we went for it and grabbed a difference maker out of FA:ponder:

where do you think we finish the year with Dansby,Rolle and Wilfork then all of our picks in the draft.
i think we would contend for the ring so why not just do what needs to be done make us a championship team again

i hear what u are saying but i just dont see the miami dolphins of this era making a push for top tier FA. so we will b in the middle of the league yet another year.when was the last time we went for it and grabbed a difference maker out of FA:ponder:
You don't like what Randy Starks, Justin Smiley, Jake Grove, Lousaka Polie and Jason Ferguson have done for this team? You don't consider them difference makers?

You also said in your first post that they haven't impressed with their drafting, which I beg to differ. The very first pick of this regime, Jake Long, has started EVERY game his first two seasons and has been named to two Pro Bowls. That is very impressive.

7 of the 18 picks are starting right now, which helped build a young foundation. While they were not drafted per say, Davone Bess and Dan Carpenter are two rookies that have paid off big. Heck, Carpenter is a Pro Bowl kicker.

what is your idea of a "difference maker?" cuz Nubs pretty much hit the nail on the head with everyone/everything he just said.

and you do realize we lost alot of key players to injury this year right? you act like this team is so bad, do you remember 2007? i wish i didnt...i now see us going in the right direction. Just because we dont trade away our entire draft and players for Brandon Marshall doesnt mean Parcells isnt "living up to his past", i mean its pretty ridiculous that people think you can just bring in any player at anytime. Theres a business side to the game, this isnt Madden where you can just trade for whoever you want. And this isnt directed just at you, i know you said get them out of free agency but ive seen too many people with crazy trade suggestions.

Now you wanna talk about bad drafting...Ted Ginn & John Beck in rounds one and two pretty much is the worst drafting ive ever seen in my entire life. Just drafting John Beck alone is the worst drafting ever. That dude sucks.

where do you think we finish the year with Dansby,Rolle and Wilfork then all of our picks in the draft.
i think we would contend for the ring so why not just do what needs to be done make us a championship team again
adding those three sounds great, it would seem to address all the weak spots on defense. it's just very rare to see it work out like that. situations change, players change and they don't seem to play at the same level with the new team.
imo, anything is possible, but most reliable way to build a contender is still through the draft

You don't like what Randy Starks, Justin Smiley, Jake Grove, Lousaka Polie and Jason Ferguson have done for this team? You don't consider them difference makers?

You also said in your first post that they haven't impressed with their drafting, which I beg to differ. The very first pick of this regime, Jake Long, has started EVERY game his first two seasons and has been named to two Pro Bowls. That is very impressive.

7 of the 18 picks are starting right now, which helped build a young foundation. While they were not drafted per say, Davone Bess and Dan Carpenter are two rookies that have paid off big. Heck, Carpenter is a Pro Bowl kicker.

If these two could stay healthy, I would agree with you. Starks, Polite, and Ferguson have been great for the team, no question.

I though that Jake Grove was a difference maker in our OL that brought them all together and had the goods to back it up blocking. Our run game was much more Ronnie and Ricky hitting the open hole than having to dance around tacklers in the back field as in '08 or even worse all the lines before that up to Ricky's first year here. His contract was the one of the largest given to a FA OL, so does that not qualify as "making a push for top tier FA." I think it does, it just does not qualify as the splashy, headline grabbing move that most advocate and won't be happy with the trifecta until they do.

Which FA difference maker should they have grabbed last year? TO? TJ Housh? I don't think they made much of a significance difference in their new teams. On defense, Haynesworth was the only consensus difference maker available and who would want that salary on their roster.

We are not as close as NO was last year to pull the trigger as proposed before, but if we were, I say go for it also. One more good draft and my position will change! For now trading players to get more picks and keep adding to the young core would be a better big picture strategy.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&filter_teams=MIA

"The Dolphins averaged 44.2 more rushing yards per game when C Jake Grove was in the lineup. Grove missed the majority of six games in 2009 thanks to an ankle injury. The former second-round pick remains a one of the best run-blocking centers in the game."

not saying he was particularly a "difference maker" but Garner definately came up big for us by playing several positions on the offensive line cuz guys got injured. He never even played center before and he did a pretty good job that game filling in from what i remember.

When was the last time he played three positions in a game?

"Never."

When was the last time he played center?

"Never in a game before."

Except that wasn't exactly true.

"Well, there were two snaps in junior high. Just to see if I could do it."

Thursday, Nate Garner did it.

And, while you could pick a lot of guys to symbolize what the Dolphins have done — rallying back to 5-5 in spite of a rash of injuries — the bespeckled, light-hearted Garner is a good place to start.

"Nate's an up-and-coming player," regular left guard starter Justin Smiley said.

"Nate's a hell of a football player. As long as I've been playing, I've seen some good players, but his versatility is amazing."

A former seventh-round pick of the Jets out of Arkansas, Garner started the game at left guard because Smiley was still bothered by a sore shoulder. He moved to right tackle when Vernon Carey left for a few plays due to a bruised shin. He ended up at center after Jake Grove hurt his ankle and then Grove's backup, Joe Berger, hurt his ankle.

At that point, there were no other options. As it was, the injuries forced Smiley to play when he didn't expect to, and didn't feel comfortable coming in cold.

"I couldn't do it, even if I needed to do," right guard Donald Thomas said. "We probably would have had four, five, six, seven, eight fumbled snaps there. Nate did a great job today. My hat's off to him."

When Garner went in at center, Thomas tried to calm him down by offering to help make the calls.

"And I just told him when we had that one fumbled snap, 'Forget about it, we're in field goal range, just relax, just make sure you get the snap off,'" Thomas said.

"I wasn't messed up about it, even though I knew I messed up," Garner said.

After all, it's not something Garner does all the time. He practices snaps about once a week.

Still, there was little he could do to prepare for the challenge he encountered Thursday.

"The angles are all different from every position," Garner said. "The stances are all a bit different. But you've just got to be able to roll with the flow, you know what I mean?"

So what position is next?

"I already played a little tight end earlier this year," Garner said. "So you never know."

You could say the same about this Dolphins team, from 0-3 to 5-5, even without numbers 10, 23, 25 and 38 — and Thursday, also without 95 and 64.

seriously the last few years what has BP broght in here that was a big splash.he does not go after top notch FA, does not make big time trades and to date has not impressed in his drafting.are we giving BP to much respect on what he did in his past.
i think we have a lot further to go then most people want to believe.why do we fail to state the obvious
with all the names rumored to be on mamis wish list seriously i dont see BP bringing any big names in here via FA PICK UP OR TRADE.even with an uncapped year.BP

Remember when the Redskins would win out in Free Agency? They didn't win any championships that way.

It's all about the right fit at the right price. If the team feels that a player will fit our scheme and will sign for the right price then they will go after them. I don't see us in a bidding war for any player.

Back
Top Bottom