BP and FA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BP and FA

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
seriously the last few years what has BP broght in here that was a big splash.he does not go after top notch FA, does not make big time trades and to date has not impressed in his drafting.are we giving BP to much respect on what he did in his past.
i think we have a lot further to go then most people want to believe.why do we fail to state the obvious
with all the names rumored to be on mamis wish list seriously i dont see BP bringing any big names in here via FA PICK UP OR TRADE.even with an uncapped year.BP

I give him respect because he's built 4 different conference finalists over 3 decades and they're not all in the distant past. take a look the current Cowboys to see what he's trying to build.
his "coaching tree" has won 5 of the last 9 superbowls and his philosophy has proven time and time again to be a winning one.
on the other hand, constantly over-paying for big name FA's and trading away draft picks is a sure way to the bottom half of the league. the Redskins of the last few years is a good example of this type of management.
imo, Tony Sparano is completely correct to say "it's about finding the right 53 guys, not the most talented". EVERY team has talent and the most talented rarely wins it all.

I can see your point Rent as long as they dont end up being like Cybril Wilson I can be more open to that theory provided that they dont get burned in coverage or drop every pass thrown their way.

the Colts have done the best job of assembling talent and so did our arch rivials the pats they won superbowls with guys like Wess Welker and Randy Moss .

I can see your point Rent as long as they dont end up being like Cybril Wilson I can be more open to that theory provided that they dont get burned in coverage or drop every pass thrown their way.

the Colts have done the best job of assembling talent and so did our arch rivials the pats they won superbowls with guys like Wess Welker and Randy Moss .
no they didn't.
the Colts put their team together by drafting well. no big trades, no big name FAs

Jeff Ireland Is In Charge Of The Draft Picks...bp Has A Big Hand In It..but I Believe Ireland Calls The Shots.

because they had one of the best turn arounds in nfl history in 2008. People are too quick to stab them in the back, imo.

no they didn't.
the Colts put their team together by drafting well. no big trades, no big name FAs
Yea, the Saints would be a much better example of adding big pieces through FA and trades. They traded for Shockey and Vilma and added Brees and Sharper via FA

Yea, the Saints would be a much better example of adding big pieces through FA and trades. They traded for Shockey and Vilma and added Brees and Sharper via FA
it kills me that the Dolphins passed on Sharper last year. he was available for a couple weeks in free agency before the Saints picked him up. Wilson was signed almost a month earlier

seriously the last few years what has BP broght in here that was a big splash.he does not go after top notch FA, does not make big time trades and to date has not impressed in his drafting.are we giving BP to much respect on what he did in his past.
i think we have a lot further to go then most people want to believe.why do we fail to state the obvious
with all the names rumored to be on mamis wish list seriously i dont see BP bringing any big names in here via FA PICK UP OR TRADE.even with an uncapped year.BP

I'm down with the whole 'missed the mark on FA' thing... but drafting??? I'm not certain that we could have done better in that department considering the sheer number of starters from the last two classes... He has had some misses, Pat White was a HUGE gamble but he has hit on far and away the vast majority of the picks...

I thought the Tuna had gone certifiable with the Hartline pick... I have since rescinded that sentiment in a big way...

He has drafted a very good core but now it is time to step up, bite the bullet and go out and acquire some game changing talent via trade/FA... We need players who are in their prime NOW!

I'm down with the whole 'missed the mark on FA' thing... but drafting??? I'm not certain that we could have done better in that department considering the sheer number of starters from the last two classes... He has had some misses, Pat White was a HUGE gamble but he has hit on far and away the vast majority of the picks...

I thought the Tuna had gone certifiable with the Hartline pick... I have since rescinded that sentiment in a big way...

He has drafted a very good core but now it is time to step up, bite the bullet and go out and acquire some game changing talent via trade/FA... We need players who are in their prime NOW!
The only thing I disagree with that post is, I dont think we are done adding to that Core. I still think we need 1 more good draft.

When you're rebuilding, you're wasting your time putting on the decorative shutters, let alone installing the windows until after the foundation is laid and the cement dries.

We were willing to give up big money for pace a couple years ago he just decided to sign with the jets. I am just hoping we can get Antrel Rolle he is the only player I really want I would be ok if we got dansby to

The only thing I disagree with that post is, I dont think we are done adding to that Core. I still think we need 1 more good draft.

Absolutely agreed. the drafting has to remain a constant... Look how well the Patsies have done with such low level picks year after year.. If you want to become 'perennial' than you have to draft well... Class after class... PERIOD.

But this is year 3... The crucial year... You now know what you have in your 2 years of picks and it is time to accelerate the process...

They cannot afford to bring in more 'projects' who won't peak for another 3 years... They have got to plug some holes with game changing talent who are in their PRIME right now.

Talent costs... You are not going to get these types of players for free... So we have to bite the bullet and step up whether it be in a trade or shelling out some big cash.

It's time BP... It's time...

Dansby - would be nice but the pricetag is going to be way too High I beleive. Wonder what the difference in $$ is between what Dansby is expected to get and what a LB drafted with our 12th Pick would get? If its close to the same then the point is moot grab Dansby.

Rolle - would be a nice addition but not at the $12 million his contract slated, so as long as he is not asking for that kind of money I am good.

Boldin- would be nice but we would have to give up a draft pick. Unless they are willing to take one of our unwanted and maybe a 4th at best.

But I think the key to our FA should be:

A. Bryant- Would not be a bad pick up. Could be had for cheap and could be the temp we need until we can develop our own #1 may it be Turner or other Young WR.

The one guy that I am watching closely is the Wilfork situation. This pick up alone could be the 1 chip that brings everything else together.

So if we pick up Wilfork and A. Bryant, then we can use this years draft to draft. ILB,OLB,OG,FS etc...

Then use next years draft to draft our #1 WR and RB,which just happens to be the speculated best WR class to have come out in years.
chubbs

Dansby - would be nice but the pricetag is going to be way too High I beleive. Wonder what the difference in $$ is between what Dansby is expected to get and what a LB drafted with our 12th Pick would get? If its close to the same then the point is moot grab Dansby.

Rolle - would be a nice addition but not at the $12 million his contract slated, so as long as he is not asking for that kind of money I am good.

Boldin- would be nice but we would have to give up a draft pick. Unless they are willing to take one of our unwanted and maybe a 4th at best.

But I think the key to our FA should be:

A. Bryant- Would not be a bad pick up. Could be had for cheap and could be the temp we need until we can develop our own #1 may it be Turner or other Young WR.

The one guy that I am watching closely is the Wilfork situation. This pick up alone could be the 1 chip that brings everything else together.

So if we pick up Wilfork and A. Bryant, then we can use this years draft to draft. ILB,OLB,OG,FS etc...

Then use next years draft to draft our #1 WR and RB,which just happens to be the speculated best WR class to have come out in years.
chubbs

Agreed... Totally.

Wilfork is the 'ace in the hole'... He would be a coup, with the double whammy of hurting a divisional rival in the process...

IMHO the order of business would be to ink... Wilfork or Dansby... draft exactly as you outlined... (McClain would be nice) and trade for a WR... I'm not convinced Bryant is the home run threat we so desperately need on 'O'...

Also I don't love Boldin's injury history so... Truthfully I would see what it would take to get Marshall out of Denver... Head case or no... That kind of talent at that young an age is worth the gamble... There is a reason he talks the talk during the week... It is because he walks the walk on sundays.

JMO.

Back
Top Bottom