BPA here we come! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BPA here we come!

jimthefin

Club Member
Reaction score
With the addition of Armstead, Connor Williams and Cedrick Wilson(plus the two RB's) I think we can really focus on BPA at #29.

OL, WR and RB were the obvious needs and Miami has addressed them all, and quite nicely too.

I am not saying these additions preclude Miami from going OL or WR at #29 but they certainly do not have to reach for either position now.

I am starting to think Nakobe Dean would look really good filling out the LB Corps.

Agreed we can go in different directions I am OK with Dean here if we don’t go playmaker on O

I would have like Parsons last year but can’t live in the past - Dean would be a problem for the QBs in the AFCE

Last edited:
With the addition of Armstead, Connor Williams and Cedrick Wilson(plus the two RB's) I think we can really focus on BPA at #29.

OL, WR and RB were the obvious needs and Miami has addressed them all, and quite nicely too.

I am not saying these additions preclude Miami from going OL or WR at #29 but they certainly do not have to reach for either position now.

I am starting to think Nakobe Dean would look really good filling out the LB Corps.
He's got my vote. I have Mike as our #1 need.

I agree that Grier has set it up well for BPA.

Dean would be on my short list. Burks, Linderbaum, Karlaftis, Jermaine Johnson, Chenal as well.

BPA should be the plan regardless, with rare exception.

The perennial cellar dwellers and stagnant middle class are usually there because they consistently reach for need over selecting the best talent they can get regardless of position.

Regarding Dean, how many 225 LB Mikes have you seen in this scheme (in NE or MIA)? Do you want a 225 LB Mike taking on Centers and OG's 20-40 times a game? If you don't, how would the D account for this? Take DB's off the field?

Dean is great, but I cannot see the fit at Mike.

Do we have interest (or cap) to sign Bobby Wagner? Then we can truly go BPA.

We still need to draft OL, WR, RB in top 3/4 rounds. At this stage, we still have a glaring need at MLB.

Dean in 1st?
Chenal in 2nd?

I don’t think signing Armstead and Williams changed our draft plans at all. There was very little chance we were going to add another rookie OT at 29 even if it was a need. I could see us drafting an OC like Linderbaum or Lindstrom. Otherwise I still expect us to go WR, LB, or RB with our first 2 picks.

Back
Top Bottom