Brad Johnson To Miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brad Johnson To Miami?

after watching RJ get sacked 5 times on 6 plays or something like that I would bet my first born that #14 is their starter on Spet 8th.

Thanks clumped.

Rumors of Brad Johnson COULD be true I'll acknowledge that. However any rumor consisting of Brad Johnson being swapped for Jay Fiedler...I would have to believe are absolutely false unless proven otherwise.

If it were anyone other than Den54 posting this, I would believe they were nutso, however I trust Dennis to be telling the absolute truth about how the Tampa stations are abuzz with this possibility which has cited an unnamed but "reliable" source and says that the teams are currently in trade negotiations. So given this development I think it would be beneficial to take a look at the situation and see if its likely.

Brad Johnson has been named the starter by Gruden but he won't necessarily call him better than Rob Johnson, who he claims brings something completely different to the table. Meanwhile against us in the preseason game and in the scrimmage, Rob Johnson hurt us with his feet and his arm, and he was the only guy that could bring them down the field and score a touchdown for us....with the 1st team offense and 1st team defense still in the game. Brad really did not do well.

From our point of view yes, Brad has a sizable contract he's workin on. BUT a big portion of that was his signing bonus which I believed was $5 million. I'm trying to find his base salaries on NFLPA but the search is down. Oh well. Lets assume his base salary for the season is less than 3 mil which is likely. What we'd get is a guy that already knows Norv's system and would only barely need a brush-up in the system in order to be effective, and he would be Jay Fiedler's BACKUP quarterback. Thats right he'd be the backup. And it makes sense in a weird way. The Phins media have been talkin all along about how the last 3 super bowl champs have won the whole thing with their backup QB...and perhaps the point is not lost on them and they REALLY have no confidence in Ray Lucas. Of course Lucas had a great outting against the Bucs but, still he doesn't show up to practices and that kind of thing really grates on coaches. Furthermore Lucas seems to accept that he looks sh!tty in practices and talks about how hard it is to practice while the games themselves are just fun so he naturally looks better in games. So could it be that the coaches want an insurance policy for Jay Fiedler, given Fiedler's recent hip surgery (which was a precursor to a number of injury problems in 2000)? Maybe. If it appears that Gruden is set on gettin rid of Johnson and therefore the asking price is low...then perhaps the coaches are just planning on dumping Lucas. Or even crazier, keeping Lucas as the 3rd string QB and trying to hide Levcik on the psquad while Kustok (who doesn't even deserve the psquad) just leaves the team.

I'm willing to go that far down the rabbit hole of the logic behind any deal that could be in the works, however one place I am not willing to go is to say that BJ would be here to take, or even COMPETE for, the starting job against Jay Fiedler. Fiedler's got too much of a vote of confidence from both the coaches and the players to do that and he just got a brand spanking new contract this offseason. Fiedler's made connections with the Miami community, and for the first time fans were starting to accept him a bit more. He's got friends on the team to the point where Lucas can't even try to hint that he's out there competing for the start....and Lucas is quite the friend-maker in the locker room too.

Once again the only reason I'm even delving into the logic of such a move is because of the nature of the rumor (a report of ongoing negotiations rather than a what-if scenario) and because of the person who reported that rumor (who happens to be a heck of a guy)

Rob Johnson only got sacked I believe once or twice. 3 of Ogunleye's sacks came in the 3rd quarter when Rob was no longer in the game.

right now i'd have to go with fiedler as the starter, but lucas really looked good! don't think i'd be too worried about fiedler going down with lucas as the backup.

Hey did you hear Deion Sanders is going to come out of retirement and be our 3rd string QB?

Don't believe it?

Then why the hell do you believe this piece of crap?

I think this is a little more likely and has a tad bit more logic behind it than something that absurd. I know Dennis and he wouldn't report something false, so its safe to say that yes Tampa radio stations are abuzz over Brad Johnson to Miami rumors. He says they claim they have a reliable source saying that negotiations are ongoing. I believe HIM that they claim it, I don't necessarily believe THEM that they do in fact have a reliable source on this, however you have to admit its a little bit different than when Pro Football Talk and Keith Box were reporting on the "possibility" of getting Brad Johnson from the Bucs because they were just reporting a "what-if" scenario. Whats been reported now is an "ongoing trade negotiation" Much different.

Could be false. However does anyone remember the eve before we released Daryl Gardener? I had said it then, that at first you hear it from one source and you brush it off as ridiculous (PFT), then you hear of the possibility from another source and you start to wonder. Hear it from a third and you've got a very real possibility. Thats exactly what happened with DG...PFT reported it first...then the Sentinel reported the possibility of it happening, then the Herald did the same...then DG was released. How many people came on this board and SWORE that rumors of DG's possible release were crazy and unfounded?

How many would have come on here and said "Hey did you hear Deion Sanders is going to come out of retirement and be our 3rd string QB? Don't believe it? Then why the hell do you believe this piece of crap?"

In fact VanDolphan what WERE your exact words on the eve of the DG release. They were quite similar I remember that much...

But honestly I'm much more abuzz about the rumors of Mark Dixon moving to 2nd team LT and letting Nails take over as 1st team LG...than I am about this rumor.

Honestly I had just about given up on Ray Lucas before the Tampa game. He did well enough to buy him more time in my book. And a Brad Johnson signing will not in my opinion change chemistry all that much and may in fact increase our chances of reaching the championship game should Jay go down with injury. Nobody doubts that this is still Jay's team. And Brad's coming here with his tail tucked between his legs failing in Tampa after signing a nice big contract...would not necessarily start a locker room QB controversy. May start a media one, but the locker room can withstand a media created QB controversy that is all hype because they KNOW who their man is.

So all in all, the rumor of Dixon moving to 2nd team LT is both more believable, and probably has more tangible effects on the team.

Rob Johnson was sacked 3 times, and Shaun King 4. I agree we you ck about this BJ deal crap. Someone is full of SH*T!! If some of you guys are going to smoke this kinda crack, at least pass it around and mail some of it to us!!

Originally posted by chambers84
Rob Johnson was sacked 3 times, and Shaun King 4. I agree we you ck about this BJ deal crap. Someone is full of SH*T!! If some of you guys are going to smoke this kinda crack, at least pass it around and mail some of it to us!!

Anything that strong is probably deadly.

I can't believe I'm reading this crap. There's about as much a chance of this happening as there is of me sprouting wings and flying to the the sun. Jay's the QB period. Why don't we all just quit wasting our time on this stupid thing and start talking about things that actually might happen, like RW running for 1,500 yards, or Chris Chambers having a superstar type year.

Whoever the talk show host was that threw this little tid bit of garbage out should take a serious beating from his listeners for leading them completely astray.
:toliet:

Originally posted by Expo88
Jay's the QB period. Why don't we all just quit wasting our time on this stupid thing and start talking about things that actually might happen, like RW running for 1,500 yards, or Chris Chambers having a superstar type year.

Very well put.:up:

The funny thing is that whoever started this BS will probably have created 50 new posts when it's all said and done.

Damn Guys!!

I just got up this morning and I must say some of yall make it hard for me to enjoy my cup of java lol.

Listen, I was riding around yesterday listening to a Tampa sports station that I pick up here where I live, which is only about 45mins away for you skeptics. Any ways I thought I pass it along to my fellow members at Fin Heaven, thought it was the least I could do. I'm not claiming to have an INSIDE SOURCE or trying to steal anyones thunder should this rumour come to fruition.

Thanks CK for sticking up for me in my absence and for the rest of you Jackles, may the sweat of a thousand monkeys coarse thru you veins.

I must go the the ****ter now ''I've got a turttle head pokin out''!!.:evil:

Back
Top Bottom