Brad Johnson To Miami? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brad Johnson To Miami?

Re: Damn Guys!!

Originally posted by Den54
I just got up this morning and I must say some of yall make it hard for me to enjoy my cup of java lol.

Listen, I was riding around yesterday listening to a Tampa sports station that I pick up here where I live, which is only about 45mins away for you skeptics. Any ways I thought I pass it along to my fellow members at Fin Heaven, thought it was the least I could do. I'm not claiming to have an INSIDE SOURCE or trying to steal anyones thunder should this rumour come to fruition.

Thanks CK for sticking up for me in my absence and for the rest of you Jackles, may the sweat of a thousand monkeys coarse thru you veins.

I must go the the ****ter now ''I've got a turttle head pokin out''!!.:evil:

I'm not necessarily getting down on you for this, more for the moron on the radio who made the comment. I'm simply saying this idea sounds like some radio hack's wishful thinking as opposed to something that may actually have any credence to it whatsoever.

Who says I wish it to happen? I simply acknowledged the possibility of the whole thing. Its got logic behind it, cuz of Norv Turner and all and BJ being completely ineffective while RJ led them down the field for a TD. Its being reported on radio stations now who supposedly have "reliable" sources and I completely trust that the radio stations are indeed reporting it cuz I know Dennis. Like I said with the DG thing when the possibility of his release was brought up by Pro Football Talk, then the Sentinel, then mentioned by the Herald...maybe its time to stop brazenly denying the possibility and start evaluating the merits of it. A lot of folks got on here and brazenly denounced anyone that mentioned anything about Daryl Gardener's possible release...a matter of hours before DG actually WAS released. You would think they learn.

Just because I'm trying to evaluate the merits of this kind of move and acknowledging the possibility of it happening, it does not mean I'm "wishing" for it. And I agree with Dennis some of you jackals need to learn to NOT shoot the messenger when something like this comes along. He's simply passing along what he heard on a Buccaneers radio station that claimed they had "reliable" inside information saying that talks were ongoing. And I for one am glad that he told us about it.

Its not like he's Keith Box and just came out here one day and said "If Brad Johnson loses the QB race in Tampa Bay, the Dolphins are going to sign him because Norv Turner loves him and Jay Fiedler is a whiny injury-prone Jew who thinks too much of himself and should be hung at earliest convenience"

Yeah these guys need something to talk about or to fill up their column.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Who says I wish it to happen? I simply acknowledged the possibility of the whole thing. Its got logic behind it, cuz of Norv Turner and all and BJ being completely ineffective while RJ led them down the field for a TD. Its being reported on radio stations now who supposedly have "reliable" sources and I completely trust that the radio stations are indeed reporting it cuz I know Dennis. Like I said with the DG thing when the possibility of his release was brought up by Pro Football Talk, then the Sentinel, then mentioned by the Herald...maybe its time to stop brazenly denying the possibility and start evaluating the merits of it. A lot of folks got on here and brazenly denounced anyone that mentioned anything about Daryl Gardener's possible release...a matter of hours before DG actually WAS released. You would think they learn.

Just because I'm trying to evaluate the merits of this kind of move and acknowledging the possibility of it happening, it does not mean I'm "wishing" for it. And I agree with Dennis some of you jackals need to learn to NOT shoot the messenger when something like this comes along. He's simply passing along what he heard on a Buccaneers radio station that claimed they had "reliable" inside information saying that talks were ongoing. And I for one am glad that he told us about it.

Its not like he's Keith Box and just came out here one day and said "If Brad Johnson loses the QB race in Tampa Bay, the Dolphins are going to sign him because Norv Turner loves him and Jay Fiedler is a whiny injury-prone Jew who thinks too much of himself and should be hung at earliest convenience"

Bro, first off, if you took the time to read the post right above yours (the one that I'm quoting here) I didn't "shoot the messenger here, I'm saying the local radio hack who made the comments in the first place appears to be way off base; not Den. Secondly, I understand evaluating just about anything that's put on these boards, that's one of the reasons they're here, so that we can analyze every nuance of Miami Dolphins 10,000 different ways until it every last one of us has gotten an opinion in.

So kick back, relax, and realize nobody here is bashing your buddy, we're just saying this is a ridiculous rumor that's only getting any kind of play due to the fact that Norv has prior experience with BJ (no pun intended) in his system.
:calm:

Probably. But if they were just throwing stuff out there for the heck of it you would think that they wouldn't cite a "reliable" source who said that discussions are ongoing. You'd think they would just pull a PFT or a KB21.

Radio hacks do this kind of stuff. The day before DG signed with the Redskins some guy out here in SoCal (Lee Hamilton) said that DG was going to resign with the 'Fins! :shakeno:

This reminds me of that stupid Troy Aikman rumor. Apparently these "reporters" think that we'll go out of our way to get any QB that worked with Norv before.

brad..............

first off, i was the one who posted this about 2 months ago after hearing it on kfan out of vancouver, wa.

they said norv was very interested in bringing back brad, he knows the system, blah, blah, and trade talks could be imenent.

one of you guys brought up the fact then that he had not been cut from the bucs, and probably would not happen.

JUST LIKE CKP said, he knows norvs system, and all the terminology. he walks right in and plays. he is aging, not as mobile as fiedler, but is a tremendous play action guy and is a better long ball thrower. that is what norv is thinking about if this is all true.

and just like zach and other finz are saying, the emphasis is to win NOW, not 5 years from now.

REMEMBER HOW REDICULOUS we all were for even thinking the finz were going to release gardener and how silly those rumours were? crack smoking posters, waste of time, morons, etc........

don't rule this out folks. not just yet anyways!!

:monkey: on peter jennings

courtesy of the red, white and blue!!

Gardener was an aberration that almost never happened. Who knows what would still be if the guy had just returned Wanny's phone call.

Come on guys this fluff story is coming out of Vancouver, Washington and Tampa radio stations. Anyone who believes this one to be a possibility must have thought there was a good chance the phins were going to sign Aikman to. Remember how just about everyone and their mother was saying we were going to sign Aikman despite even the fact that the phins kept saying over and over that it wasn't going to happen?

Using D.G as an excuse for your reasoning is a pretty bad one since it took bad health, highly questionable judgement, salary cap and teammates and a phone call, to pull the trigger on that one.

And CK I never said D.G wasn't going to get cut I just didn't think it would be this season because I thought we couldn't absorb the salary cap hit. Speaking of salary cap anyone want to go through the numbers on a trade like this :lol: :monkey: on lame rumors.

WHY TRY TO REASON...............

......................but i''l try to anyways.

VANDOLPHAN: gardner almost didn't happen? thats a good one. it is obvious that guy was gonner months ago. that phone call thing has been debunkt by every sports writer in the country, and the finz bras. that phone call thing was more daryl gardner flap, more of it's not that my back is toast, my attitude is poop, it's evil wanny, or my wife, or zach, or whoever..................

and how is daryl doing these days? will he be starting this week? just curious.

not much logic in your phone call scenario.

TROY AKEMAN decided to stay retired or he would be playing tonight. that was no rumour, mort, berman, john clayton all said norv DID ask troy to come to camp. troy likes retirement.

do i think brad will be a fin? no. but if the right deal can be worked it won't suprise me. not the way thingsa are going this year.

so tell us, what radio station are we supposed to listen to? let me guess, the one you listen to in your town, right? the vancouver station is out of portland oregon and tampa bay isn't exactly mayberry either.

:monkey: on anti-americans!!

CK I've generally supported you for the most part..But your comment of a !!!!!! Jew is uncalled for...lets not drop that low....Nationality has nothing to do with our debating and shouldn't be a part of our reasoning..You have been one of my favorite poster on this board..please clean up things like this...Your fan mate..MDFINFAN

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
CK I've generally supported you for the most part..But your comment of a !!!!!! Jew is uncalled for...lets not drop that low....Nationality has nothing to do with our debating and shouldn't be a part of our reasoning..You have been one of my favorite poster on this board..please clean up things like this...Your fan mate..MDFINFAN

In defense of CK here I think he was just trying to make a point that what was said on this particular thread was not an inflammatory statement such as the one you're posting about. I don't think he meant anything by it.

Clayton.......back it up my man. Lets see the articles.

Everyone knows the phone call was the final straw or else we would have cut him 2 weeks earlier and gone harder after Marco Coleman.

As for the Aikman thing that started before Norv ever became OC. That one started LAST YEAR and was immediately quashed the day Norv came on board.

As for radio stations? How about Miami ones? Or maybe the big websites. As of yet no one is following this story and until someone at one of the more reputable sites is covering it I take it with a grain of salt.

Re read CK's post

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

He was quoting what he thought Keith Box would say based on prior anti-sematic remarks made by him. Those were'nt his sentiments.

Back
Top Bottom