• Adam Vinetari

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Ant Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Brady passed for 145 yards and was named SB MVP that was ridiculous. The Pats D as a whole deserved it, but outside of that, you had to go with Vinetari since he made 3 FG's including the game winner :yell:

i voted for vinitieri..................

i don't think brady deserved it. except for that TD, i don't think he completed a pass for alot of yardage. basically, he dunked his way through the playoffs!:rolleyes:

I agree with you 39.

I picked Vinatieri. I don't know what game the people who voted Brady as the MVP was watching.:mad:

and he would have been the 1st K ever to win it, too :evil:

Brady was in control all day. He didn't make a single mistake under constant pressure from the Rams' defense and he took what was there all day long. He showed patience and poise and he showed he could get it done in the biggest pressure cooker situation in football history. He drove them into position for the game winning field goal with no timeouts and 1:21 left on the clock. There were a few spectacular plays, that New England couldn't have won w/out, and there was Vinatieri who did his job perfectly, but you shouldn't give an MVP for one play and i have a problem with giving it to the kicker because he had nothing to do with getting into position for the field goal(s). He was just doing what he was supposed to do. There's really no one up against the kicker, his main competition is within himself and if you are a kicker in the NFL, you SHOULD be almost automatic so that's why I wouldn't go with Vinatieri. Since you can't give it to Belichick for having his team ABSOLUTELY prepared, then Brady is the man.

InFINS - I was ready to vote for Vinatieri and then I read your post. I understand that the MVP award can only go to one player, so for that player I selected Brady. The victory was won by a complete team, but I personally would have awarded it to the Patriot's defense. The way they blitzed Warner, intercepted Warner, forced a fumble and basically made their presence known to the Rams through huge tackles. The entire defense played a huge part in their victory.

Terry Glenn must be kicking himself now. :rolleyes:

can't really argue w/ya inFin since it was one of those games where opponent mistakes and perfect game plan execution won the game and not really any one player. So if Brady wins it for perfect game plan execution by the whole team, I can buy that.

i can make a point for vinitieri

Originally posted by dolphan39
can't really argue w/ya inFin since it was one of those games where opponent mistakes and perfect game plan execution won the game and not really any one player. So if Brady wins it for perfect game plan execution by the whole team, I can buy that.
if it had of been a chip shot field goal yeah, give it to brady. but it was a 48 yarder and that takes poise. the team could't get him any closer!:p

I couldn't believe a guy who did nothing in that game got MVP. It should have gone to Vinatieri.

TY GOT THE PARTY STARTED!!!

Vinateri is paid to make those 48 yarders!! That's his job!! As for the MVP, TY LAW set the tempo early and often.Where as from the Rams first drive. TY LAW was like a blanket and was very PHYSICAL with the Ram receivers, especially Isaac Bruce! Then that pick for the TD was huge in getting the PATRIOTS fired up, and it steamrolled them to the CHAMPIONSHIP!!

law or vinatieri.........

either one i would have voted for over brady. if either one of those guys didn't win it, then it should have been the coach, brady did't do anything out of the ordinary, he was just patient and took what the rams gave him! the game plan by the defense was outstanding! took faulk out of the game altogether and warner was in it but boy did he look confused!:D

Re: TY GOT THE PARTY STARTED!!!

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
Vinateri is paid to make those 48 yarders!! That's his job!! As for the MVP, TY LAW set the tempo early and often.Where as from the Rams first drive. TY LAW was like a blanket and was very PHYSICAL with the Ram receivers, especially Isaac Bruce! Then that pick for the TD was huge in getting the PATRIOTS fired up, and it steamrolled them to the CHAMPIONSHIP!!

I don't know why everyone hates kickers so damn much. I don't play football so I don't know exactly how hard it is, but there aren't very many people who could kick a 48 yarder, espicially under that much pressure. He won the damn game for the team. Maybe we would all appriciate kickers more if we had one that sucked instead of someone automatic like Olindo Mare. Mare is one of the most important players on our team, and has won games for us with his leg.

ice..............

good point! i could always kick a ball farther than i could throw it, but forget about accuracy!:D

Originally posted by Jaydog57
I was gonna vote for Drew Bledsoe.:D
good one - why not Damon Huard - or whoever was the holder for that kick - that was a great hold. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom