Brady our QB next season??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady our QB next season???

If there is one thing we all should have learned by watching him play over the years is he doesn't like getting hit. If you can get to him consistently, putting pressure on him and hitting him, he falls apart. That's the one way you have success against him although it hasn't been easy over the years. Behind our line, he would be a dead man walking. He is not mobile at all anymore, his strong suit was always side-stepping and moving up into the pocket to avoid contact. In case you guys haven't noticed, we have no pocket and one or two players are not going to fix that.
The reason Fitzpatrick has had a small amount of success is that he's running his a$$ off to avoid the rush all of the time and he is a threat to run with it. Tom is not a running threat nor is he going to scramble around to avoid a rush, he simply can't any longer. There is no chance he comes here and frankly, I wouldn't want him, he would be a huge waste of money because he ain't coming cheap and he's not 30 year old Tom anymore.
Wanting him is just crazy, we just jettisoned all of our older players for youth, trust in the coaches and process. He's also not going to mentor another QB, get that thought out of your heads, he is about as selfish as a bastard as you can get. He's the reason they currently have no legitimate QB to take his place. Please stop the absurdity, this makes ZERO sense for both sides...
Preach

brady can still be great QB in this league, just not with the garbage he's playing with now in comparison to what he's had. Replace a bum like Winston or matt ryan, now you're talking.

Ton of picks and cap space. He plays for cheap to get back at Belichek???

Have a rookie learn behind him for 2 years???

Relatively speaking, he has always "played for cheap". It was the smart thing to do in that it allowed more money for other players; which is one reason why he really is a great player. Great players need tools and Brady was smart enough to both get a lot of money but not so much it hindered allowing a solid team to be built.

makes no sense on so many levels.....why would we want him and why would he want to come to a rebuilding team

Those are the two questions that need to be addressed.

It's going to be an INTERESTING off season watching what happens and what's more, what some posters think will happen.

There should be some way to make money off of this situation, I'm just not sure how.

Last 10 games - Fitz is a little higher w just over 80. Brady’s YPA has gone down last 3 years to 6.1.

im pretty surprised by that. He still has serious command at the los and I haven’t sniffed any real lack of qb efficiency. Not to that level at least

And I usually can smell it

Don’t yell at me for this, I’m just repeating what a local sports station was saying, that they could see Brady getting Gronk out of retirement and getting Antonio Brown and heading down to Miami and taking them to the playoffs at least..
Again, don’t shoot the messenger!
Thought it was pretty entertaining tv tho..

Does he really hate us that much?

Can't see that ever happening. Playing for only one team in your whole career is a honor for these guys.... Especially when you've been a part of the greatest dynasty in history. I give it 1% chance.

OK, I'll make a prediction about all this nonsense.

First, we get Tannehill back as QB.
Second, we make Fitz an offer to be the QB coach if he wants it.
Third, we get Brady as an assistant offensive coordinator and third backup QB when needed - A kind of player coach.
Forth, we carry Rosen as our backup QB.

Reasons why this nonsense could work.
1) We can out pay everyone for Tannehill. At this point in his career he might be ready for the challenge to become the comeback QB of the century.
2) Fitz is smart and loves football the way a player should love their sport, Fitz could have the best of both worlds with retirement and a growth path in coaching that would be inline with his interests. At his age this would be like a retiree getting a part time job involving his favorite sport. He could eat all the cake he wants and still be involved.
3) Brady could see this as his opportunity to "out Belichick" Belichick. He could get into coaching at a high level, be involved in every play and for the cherry on top, occasionally make a cameo appearance on the field playing QB for a few downs to help make some "minor corrections". At his age, the weather down here could also be a big factor along with no state income tax. Didn't someone say he had millions!
4) Rosen doesn't really have much choice but to smile and say "what a brilliant idea".
5) Ross will be overcome with all the possibilities of building the team from scratch and having some of the best QB's in the NFL all on his new team. Being in the spotlight with a celebrity status QB who also helps coach his team might be irresistible. He would see it as having his cake and eating it too.
6) The interaction between Tom Brady and Dan Moreno would be priceless.

In the final analysis, no one knows; but if all this comes to pass I should get an award for making the most amazing post ever seen.

I could live with that!

Can't see that ever happening. Playing for only one team in your whole career is a honor for these guys.... Especially when you've been a part of the greatest dynasty in history. I give it 1% chance.

So you really can see this happening 1%.

Back
Top Bottom